Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BLM nominated for Nobel Peace price

What in the actual hell?

Norwegian member of parliament Petter Eide said he nominated the organization because it is "bringing forward a new consciousness and awareness about racial justice."

"To carry forward a movement of racial justice and to spread that to other countries is very, very important. Black Lives Matter is the strongest force today doing this, not only in the U.S. but also in Europe and in Asia," Eide told USA TODAY on Saturday.

Eide said Black Lives Matter carries forward the legacy of earlier racial justice movements, such as the civil rights movement in the U.S. and the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa. Martin Luther King Jr. won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, and Albert Luthuli and Nelson Mandela won the prize in 1960 and 1993, respectively, for their campaigns against racial discrimination in South Africa.

"If we go 50 years back, those arguments also came up when Dr. Martin Luther King received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 – exactly the same arguments. And when twice the (African National Congress) leaders of South Africa received the Nobel Peace Prize, there were also incidents of violence. But you can’t use that as a counter-argument to say Mandela was not working for justice or peace."

So I guess the marxist ideology is something we should strive for? It makes the world a better place? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The NPP has been a watered down joke ever since they decided to award Obama with one.

Burn Loot Murder..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Nobel Mostly Peaceful Prize...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Apparently there's a new definition of ''peace", of which I'm unaware.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

The leftist of this world are starting to be one big joke....... In the words of Pat Travers, they'll eventually "Crash and Burn"
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Norman Borlaug < that's a deserving recipient.

BLM? No.

Is this a surprise to anyone? The NPP undermined its own credibility and laid their ideological biases bare when they bypassed truly deserving people to give the prize to Obama for simply drawing breath.

I would be more amazed if they didn't award one to BLM.

I guess Obama's win is so far removed from my memory that I forget he even did.

(01-31-2021, 07:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I guess Obama's win gift is so far removed from my memory that I forget he even did.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-31-2021, 08:21 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 07:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I guess Obama's win gift is so far removed from my memory that I forget he even did.

Thanks.