Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(02-05-2021, 02:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 10:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The Pledge of Allegiance is a big waste of time.  Do you really think pledging allegiance on a daily basis is going to have any effect on anything?

Agreed. We're all Americans and we love this nation. Most of us know how good we have it compared to other countries on Earth. How does reciting a pledge of allegiance change anything? At a certain point it loses it meaning and just becomes something you have to do, but that in no way changes the love that you have for your country. Instead of trivial things like this, I want all branches of government to address real issues which effect American citizens. There are lots of things Biden has done and will do that has angered me. This isn't one of those things.

In your opinion, I am curious what incentive young people have to love this country. Based on your logic, school aged children shouldn't even bother to learn the POA. How about the National Anthem? If you are promoting taking away all of the "repetitive" things that are reminders how much we love this nation, how do you expect people to love this nation in the first place?

I dunno. Maybe you are just lobbying to remove "old" people from having to repeat it and keep it in place for young people?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-05-2021, 03:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 02:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. We're all Americans and we love this nation. Most of us know how good we have it compared to other countries on Earth. How does reciting a pledge of allegiance change anything? At a certain point it loses it meaning and just becomes something you have to do, but that in no way changes the love that you have for your country. Instead of trivial things like this, I want all branches of government to address real issues which effect American citizens. There are lots of things Biden has done and will do that has angered me. This isn't one of those things.

In your opinion, I am curious what incentive young people have to love this country. Based on your logic, school aged children shouldn't even bother to learn the POA. How about the National Anthem? If you are promoting taking away all of the "repetitive" things that are reminders how much we love this nation, how do you expect people to love this nation in the first place?

I dunno. Maybe you are just lobbying to remove "old" people from having to repeat it and keep it in place for young people?
Just curious, do you recite the pledge of allegiance before you start work in the morning every day? Or do you sing the national anthem before work every day?

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 04:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-05-2021, 02:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. We're all Americans and we love this nation. Most of us know how good we have it compared to other countries on Earth. How does reciting a pledge of allegiance change anything? At a certain point it loses it meaning and just becomes something you have to do, but that in no way changes the love that you have for your country. Instead of trivial things like this, I want all branches of government to address real issues which effect American citizens. There are lots of things Biden has done and will do that has angered me. This isn't one of those things.

Their incentive should be to look around at the freedoms we have. Look at other countries like North Korea, Venezuela, Russia, China, African nations and so many others where they have little to no freedom, very few liberties and in way too many cases, little food or clean water. Be glad we live in a place where the overwhelming majority don't have to worry about such things. That should be plenty of incentive in my opinion. If they can't appreciate that, they shouldn't be here. I'm an advocate of being grateful for what you have. It can always be worse. Much, much worse. 

I don't even understand what you are saying about old people and young people?

We could try to maintain being the greatest nation on Earth a little better, rather than relying on conditioning children into loving a nation I think everyone here would agree has slipped a step below it's pinnacle?

(02-05-2021, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 03:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In your opinion, I am curious what incentive young people have to love this country. Based on your logic, school aged children shouldn't even bother to learn the POA. How about the National Anthem? If you are promoting taking away all of the "repetitive" things that are reminders how much we love this nation, how do you expect people to love this nation in the first place?

Their incentive should be to look around at the freedoms we have. Look at other countries like North Korea, Venezuela, Russia, China, African nations and so many others where they have little to no freedom, very few liberties and in way too many cases, little food or clean water. Be glad we live in a place where the overwhelming majority don't have to worry about such things. That should be plenty of incentive in my opinion. If they can't appreciate that, they shouldn't be here. I'm an advocate of being grateful for what you have. It can always be worse. Much, much worse. 

The Pledge of Allegiance as well as the National Anthem are reminders of those very things.  Do you think that our freedom came "free"?  I don't think it's too much to ask to pause for less time than it takes to have a good bowel movement to acknowledge and remember the price that MANY paid in order for us to be free.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-05-2021, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 03:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In your opinion, I am curious what incentive young people have to love this country. Based on your logic, school aged children shouldn't even bother to learn the POA. How about the National Anthem? If you are promoting taking away all of the "repetitive" things that are reminders how much we love this nation, how do you expect people to love this nation in the first place?

While I agree with your premise I disagree with your conclusion.  The youth in America today are bombarded from all sides about how horrible this country is.  I ask anyone how can you promote a love of country when all you hear is how horrible that country is?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2021, 11:50 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-05-2021, 11:25 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Their incentive should be to look around at the freedoms we have. Look at other countries like North Korea, Venezuela, Russia, China, African nations and so many others where they have little to no freedom, very few liberties and in way too many cases, little food or clean water. Be glad we live in a place where the overwhelming majority don't have to worry about such things. That should be plenty of incentive in my opinion. If they can't appreciate that, they shouldn't be here. I'm an advocate of being grateful for what you have. It can always be worse. Much, much worse. 

While I agree with your premise I disagree with your conclusion.  The youth in America today are bombarded from all sides about how horrible this country is.  I ask anyone how can you promote a love of country when all you hear is how horrible that country is?

Thank you!

(02-05-2021, 04:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Their incentive should be to look around at the freedoms we have. Look at other countries like North Korea, Venezuela, Russia, China, African nations and so many others where they have little to no freedom, very few liberties and in way too many cases, little food or clean water. Be glad we live in a place where the overwhelming majority don't have to worry about such things. That should be plenty of incentive in my opinion. If they can't appreciate that, they shouldn't be here. I'm an advocate of being grateful for what you have. It can always be worse. Much, much worse. 

Ship them elsewhere. Easy.

(02-05-2021, 05:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

The Pledge of Allegiance as well as the National Anthem are reminders of those very things.  Do you think that our freedom came "free"?  I don't think it's too much to ask to pause for less time than it takes to have a good bowel movement to acknowledge and remember the price that MANY paid in order for us to be free.

Maybe they are to you, but to most people nowadays, they are just words. They have lost their meaning. It has become redundant and repetitive. People don't need to be reminded. They know freedom comes at a cost. We all know that. It's just that when you try to beat that into people's heads with constant pledge's of the same thing over and over, it looses it's meaning. As long as we maintain important holidays like Veterans day and Memorial day, people will always realize that the freedoms they have came thanks to the sacrifices of others. That's the important things. Words in a pledge mean nothing. It's actions that make a difference and remembering those that died to give us liberty are what's important. Showing those current and past veterans that we truly appreciate them and showing our respect to them is how we remember. No amount of constant repetition of the POA is gonna change that.

And only the weak minded ones believe it. You are always gonna have a small fraction feeble minded, yahoos that think U.S is awful. No matter what we do, that will never change. The vast amount of young people I've met through the years, still appreciate America and the sacrifices it took to maintain our freedom. It's just that the very small percentage of dissenters are always the ones that making the news, because happy, satisfied people are boring to news media. They want to show something that is gonna stir up people's ire and create ratings. There really isn't this mass movement of citizens that hate the U.S.. That's just what the media wants you to think, so you will keep watching their programs. It's all lies from the extreme right and the left. Don't buy into it.

[Image: tumblr_nss4wm5SMZ1qdmhd1o1_250.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-06-2021, 07:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 11:25 PM)copycat Wrote: While I agree with your premise I disagree with your conclusion.  The youth in America today are bombarded from all sides about how horrible this country is.  I ask anyone how can you promote a love of country when all you hear is how horrible that country is?

And only the weak minded ones believe it. You are always gonna have a small fraction feeble minded, yahoos that think U.S is awful. No matter what we do, that will never change. The vast amount of young people I've met through the years, still appreciate America and the sacrifices it took to maintain our freedom. It's just that the very small percentage of dissenters are always the ones that making the news, because happy, satisfied people are boring to news media. They want to show something that is gonna stir up people's ire and create ratings. There really isn't this mass movement of citizens that hate the U.S.. That's just what the media wants you to think, so you will keep watching their programs. It's all lies from the extreme right and the left. Don't buy into it.

That small faction keeps growing, because they are being targeted. You completely underestimate what's going on in this country.

(02-04-2021, 06:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hmmmm 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02...naturally/

For all you guys who claim voting machines switched votes, you are going to get your day in court.  Dominion and Smartmatic are suing everybody under the sun for billions of dollars for defamation.  

So now, to everyone who claims voting machines switched votes, the voting machine companies are calling your bluff.  Here's your chance to prove it.  

Smartmatic Sues Fox News for $2.7 Billion

Dominion sues Rudy Giuliani for $1.3 Billion

Fox, running scared, fires Lou Dobbs

Are you going to use it as proof of anything if they don't win their case in court?

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 10:14 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-06-2021, 09:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 06:43 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hmmmm 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02...naturally/

For all you guys who claim voting machines switched votes, you are going to get your day in court.  Dominion and Smartmatic are suing everybody under the sun for billions of dollars for defamation.  

So now, to everyone who claims voting machines switched votes, the voting machine companies are calling your bluff.  Here's your chance to prove it.  

Smartmatic Sues Fox News for $2.7 Billion

Dominion sues Rudy Giuliani for $1.3 Billion

Fox, running scared, fires Lou Dobbs

I guess they can go on the offensive once they have had time to "fix the glitch". Any free thinker understands what happened here.

FYI, Marty, I am suing you for being overconfident in the stock market. My lawyer will be in contact this week.

(02-06-2021, 10:00 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Are you going to use it as proof of anything if they don't win their case in court?

The intention for them is simply a settlement to create the perception they "won".  Lawyers.....the 5th most evil profession behind politican, MSM anchor, murderer, white collar criminal.

(02-06-2021, 02:24 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 11:25 PM)copycat Wrote: While I agree with your premise I disagree with your conclusion.  The youth in America today are bombarded from all sides about how horrible this country is.  I ask anyone how can you promote a love of country when all you hear is how horrible that country is?

Ship them elsewhere. Easy.

Some of them are already conveniently locked in cages at the border for easy shipping, or are we not doing that anymore in Joe Biden's America?

(02-06-2021, 07:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 05:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The Pledge of Allegiance as well as the National Anthem are reminders of those very things.  Do you think that our freedom came "free"?  I don't think it's too much to ask to pause for less time than it takes to have a good bowel movement to acknowledge and remember the price that MANY paid in order for us to be free.

Maybe they are to you, but to most people nowadays, they are just words. They have lost their meaning. It has become redundant and repetitive. People don't need to be reminded. They know freedom comes at a cost. We all know that. It's just that when you try to beat that into people's heads with constant pledge's of the same thing over and over, it looses it's meaning. As long as we maintain important holidays like Veterans day and Memorial day, people will always realize that the freedoms they have came thanks to the sacrifices of others. That's the important things. Words in a pledge mean nothing. It's actions that make a difference and remembering those that died to give us liberty are what's important. Showing those current and past veterans that we truly appreciate them and showing our respect to them is how we remember. No amount of constant repetition of the POA is gonna change that.

Putting aside the daily reminder debate, for far too many the words have lost or never had any real significance.  The fight for freedom has never touched their personal lives and Veterans Day and Memorial Day are just paid holidays.  Few pause to reflect on the events in our nation's history that led to their establishment.  

They love to flaunt their freedom by kneeling during the National Anthem, yet remain oblivious to the sacrifices of others, both past and present, that ensure their right to do so.  Let them try such a blatant show of national disrespect in China or North Korea just once.  How would they know freedom comes at a cost if they've never had to pay the price?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-06-2021, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 02:24 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Ship them elsewhere. Easy.

Some of them are already conveniently locked in cages at the border for easy shipping, or are we not doing that anymore in Joe Biden's America?

Are admins supposed to troll?

(02-06-2021, 10:26 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 07:19 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Maybe they are to you, but to most people nowadays, they are just words. They have lost their meaning. It has become redundant and repetitive. People don't need to be reminded. They know freedom comes at a cost. We all know that. It's just that when you try to beat that into people's heads with constant pledge's of the same thing over and over, it looses it's meaning. As long as we maintain important holidays like Veterans day and Memorial day, people will always realize that the freedoms they have came thanks to the sacrifices of others. That's the important things. Words in a pledge mean nothing. It's actions that make a difference and remembering those that died to give us liberty are what's important. Showing those current and past veterans that we truly appreciate them and showing our respect to them is how we remember. No amount of constant repetition of the POA is gonna change that.

Putting aside the daily reminder debate, for far too many the words have lost or never had any real significance.  The fight for freedom has never touched their personal lives and Veterans Day and Memorial Day are just paid holidays.  Few pause to reflect on the events in our nation's history that led to their establishment.  

They love to flaunt their freedom by kneeling during the National Anthem, yet remain oblivious to the sacrifices of others, both past and present, that ensure their right to do so.
  Let them try such a blatant show of national disrespect in China or North Korea just once.  How would they know freedom comes at a cost if they've never had to pay the price?

Why would you assume that taking a knee during an anthem also means someone is oblivious to sacrifices? 
These things are unrelated. 

To your last sentence, what price should we all have to pay to be on the same level of "freedom knowledge?"

Assuming an American citizen doesn't realize that "freedom comes at a cost" is pretty lame. You'd have to live under a mountain of rocks.

(02-06-2021, 10:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Some of them are already conveniently locked in cages at the border for easy shipping, or are we not doing that anymore in Joe Biden's America?

Are admins supposed to troll?

I'm not an admin

And I'm not trolling. How are you today?

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2021, 10:52 AM by WingerDinger.)

(02-06-2021, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 02:24 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Ship them elsewhere. Easy.

Did you edit your post because you realize that you were being a windbag again?

Or you didn't want to give the impression that you attended rallies last year in a pink hat?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]