Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021, 01:41 PM by mikesez.)

(02-10-2021, 10:40 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 11:35 AM)mikesez Wrote: Just because two people are treated differently doesn't mean different standards apply to them.
A man who has divorced twice and admitted to multiple affairs will be examined more critically than a man who has never divorced and never been caught cheating.

I know dude. I brought up his rep score to rebuke this gem of a post.

Sure, if you think my rep score should impact how the mods treat me, that's still a single standard, as long as you're Ok with them treating you differently based on yours.  It wouldn't be fair, in my opinion, especially because it would be ex post facto, but it also wouldn't be a double standard.

That said, when men contemplate getting divorced or committing adultery, they know that it might cause others to not trust them and treat them differently going forward.  Trump knew what he was doing, and we need not feel pity on him for the media treating him with skepticism.

In contrast, I came in here thinking the reputation button was for personal attacks or going off topic.  I had no idea certain lurking scraps of chicken feces would use it to express "I disagree" without explaining why.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-10-2021, 01:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 10:40 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I know dude. I brought up his rep score to rebuke this gem of a post.

Sure, if you think my rep score should impact how the mods treat me, that's still a single standard, as long as you're Ok with them treating you differently based on yours.  It wouldn't be fair, in my opinion, especially because it would be ex post facto, but it also wouldn't be a double standard.

That said, when men contemplate getting divorced or committing adultery, they know that it might cause others to not trust them and treat them differently going forward.  Trump knew what he was doing, and we need not feel pity on him for the media treating him with skepticism.

In contrast, I came in here thinking the reputation button was for personal attacks or going off topic.  I had no idea certain lurking scraps of chicken feces would use it to express "I disagree" without explaining why.

Poor, poor Mikesez. The Fredo Corleone of the DuvalPride message board.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2021, 02:35 PM by mikesez.)

(02-10-2021, 02:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 01:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sure, if you think my rep score should impact how the mods treat me, that's still a single standard, as long as you're Ok with them treating you differently based on yours.  It wouldn't be fair, in my opinion, especially because it would be ex post facto, but it also wouldn't be a double standard.

Poor, poor Mikesez. The Fredo Corleone of the DuvalPride message board.

I have no beef with you.  You were always open about what you were doing and why, and never complained about me doing it right back to you. It's the guy who came before you that I still don't understand.

A return to some semblance of topic would be nice here, no?

Here are some Biden ratings for you to squabble about:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/bid...al-rating/

(02-10-2021, 02:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A return to some semblance of topic would be nice here, no?

Curious if the 15,000 people he made unemployed overnight were polled in that.

(02-10-2021, 03:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 02:59 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A return to some semblance of topic would be nice here, no?

Curious if the 15,000 people he made unemployed overnight were polled in that.

LOL

15000 people. 

You have no scope.

(02-10-2021, 03:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 03:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Curious if the 15,000 people he made unemployed overnight were polled in that.

LOL

15000 people. 

You have no scope.

Correct, he overstated the poll by 13,998 people.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-10-2021, 03:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 03:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Curious if the 15,000 people he made unemployed overnight were polled in that.

LOL

15000 people. 

You have no scope.

You are so immune to piss poor leadership living where you do that you are defending Joe Biden. Good times!

(02-10-2021, 03:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You are so immune to piss poor leadership living where you do that you are defending Joe Biden. Good times!

Pretty sure dude lives in Florida.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-10-2021, 03:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 03:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

15000 people. 

You have no scope.

Correct, he overstated the poll by 13,998 people.

You're about to get a PhD.  You know what representative samples are. Playing dumb to frustrate your opponent, around here people call that trolling. Ask me how I know.

(02-10-2021, 03:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 03:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Correct, he overstated the poll by 13,998 people.

You're about to get a PhD.  You know what representative samples are. Playing dumb to frustrate your opponent, around here people call that trolling. Ask me how I know.

Sure do, and also how very easy it is to manipulate them to get the results you want. 538 polls uses statistical samples of 1,002 people, and like Uncle Joe said, it's who counts the votes that matters.

(02-10-2021, 04:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 03:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're about to get a PhD.  You know what representative samples are. Playing dumb to frustrate your opponent, around here people call that trolling. Ask me how I know.

Sure do, and also how very easy it is to manipulate them to get the results you want. 538 polls uses statistical samples of 1,002 people, and like Uncle Joe said, it's who counts the votes that matters.

No one's stopping you from commissioning a poll, and explaining your counting methods, and publishing your results.
If 538 is manipulating their data, prove it.

So now Joel's administration wants to restrict travel to Florida.

"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/gi...-star-wars

(02-10-2021, 09:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 04:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure do, and also how very easy it is to manipulate them to get the results you want. 538 polls uses statistical samples of 1,002 people, and like Uncle Joe said, it's who counts the votes that matters.

No one's stopping you from commissioning a poll, and explaining your counting methods, and publishing your results.

What I said was accurate and already proven. 538 aggregates polls, most of which contact 1,002 adults in the USA for their samples. 15,000 was an overstatement.

(02-11-2021, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-10-2021, 09:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: No one's stopping you from commissioning a poll, and explaining your counting methods, and publishing your results.

What I said was accurate and already proven. 538 aggregates polls, most of which contact 1,002 adults in the USA for their samples. 15,000 was an overstatement.

It's apples and oranges though.
The polls 538 aggregates are attempting to find every type of person from every region, a representative sample.  They may not be perfectly representative, but at least an attempt was made to have them perfectly representative.
The 15,000 you mentioned are in the same line of work and all had the same specific thing just happen to them.  They are disproportionately male. They may or may not be voters. No one tried to make them represent America as a whole. Why make the comparison?

(02-11-2021, 09:55 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What I said was accurate and already proven. 538 aggregates polls, most of which contact 1,002 adults in the USA for their samples. 15,000 was an overstatement.

It's apples and oranges though.

You don't say?

(02-11-2021, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 09:55 AM)mikesez Wrote: It's apples and oranges though.

You don't say?

So why did you make the comparison?

(02-11-2021, 08:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,"

There is not a damn thing false about what she said. People need to watch the four part series Einsatzgruppen (sp) on Netflix to see it for themselves. That's exactly what happened. Archival footage shows people beating the hell out of Jews in the streets and it wasn't the SS, Nazis or German Polizei. It was tough to watch.

(02-11-2021, 05:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-11-2021, 08:34 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: "Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,"

There is not a damn thing false about what she said. People need to watch the four part series Einsatzgruppen (sp) on Netflix to see it for themselves. That's exactly what happened. Archival footage shows people beating the hell out of Jews in the streets and it wasn't the SS, Nazis or German Polizei. It was tough to watch.

The thing is, she didn't "say" it she shared it.

From the article.
Quote:"Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views," read the post, which was originally composed by another account.

Triggered cancel culture.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.