Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market under President Biden

Hurricane is the king of the pump and dump.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 12:20 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-14-2021, 03:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hurricane is the king of the pump and dump.

Up 17% since Jan 1 simply on CNBC advice (and some subsequent research on my own).

Personally, I'm a little puzzled why JNJ is not poppin' since they have a vaccine that may get approved this week which is one of the best against the South African variant strain and you don't really need to keep it at super low temps (which is great for global vaccines).  Also, AMD has been pumped up by market analysts big time due to the semiconductor shortage which is key to EVs and other industries.  TSM hit but only for 4% the other day but AMD (as of last week) was supposed to hit bigtime so I'll wait it out for another few weeks.  It went up about 5% since I bought the near dip at $89 (early Feb) --- [BLEEP] boring !!!

(02-15-2021, 12:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 03:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hurricane is the king of the pump and dump.

Up 17% since Jan 1 simply on CNBC advice (and some subsequent research on my own).

Personally, I'm a little puzzled why JNJ is not poppin' since they have a vaccine that may get approved this week which is one of the best against the South African variant strain and you don't really need to keep it at super low temps (which is great for global vaccines).  Also, AMD has been pumped up by market analysts big time due to the semiconductor shortage which is key to EVs and other industries.  TSM hit but only for 4% the other day but AMD (as of last week) was supposed to hit bigtime so I'll wait it out for another few weeks.  It went up about 5% since I bought the near dip at $89 (early Feb) --- [BLEEP] boring !!!

People are concerened about the significantly lower efficacy compared to the other two. That makes.the ignorant even more likely to refuse it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 07:48 AM by The Real Marty.)

(02-15-2021, 12:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

What's that old stock trader saying?  "Buy the rumor, sell the news."  If you wait for the news, you are already too late.  The people with the financial wherewithal to move the market know things long before you do.  So they get in before you do.  At that point, you are in all likelihood too late.

(02-15-2021, 07:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 12:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Up 17% since Jan 1 simply on CNBC advice (and some subsequent research on my own).

People are concerened about the significantly lower efficacy compared to the other two. That makes.the ignorant even more likely to refuse it.

I disagree with that.  I think the JNJ vaccine is a game changer.  It's easier to store and distribute, it's one shot, and it will keep you out of the hospital.  It's just as effective as the flu vaccine.

(02-15-2021, 07:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 12:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I'm a little puzzled why JNJ is not poppin' since they have a vaccine that may get approved this week which is one of the best against the South African variant strain and you don't really need to keep it at super low temps (which is great for global vaccines). 

Actually not.  It's somewhat confusing the way it is presented (on tv by just looking at percentages) but the article below brings clarity on the subject matter.  The 66% number is against variant strains but people are comparing that of the other companies results against the US Covid-19 strain.  When simply looking at the US results, JNJ is only 0.3% behind Moderna and 0.8% below Pfizer.  Hopefully investors will catch on because this is the vaccine a lot of countries will ultmately be using.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecul...0729024073

Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) announced that its single-shot Covid-19 vaccine was 66% effective in preventing moderate and severe cases of Covid-19 in its global phase 3 trials. Efficacy varied by region, with the shot proving 72% effective in the U.S., 66% effective in Latin America, and around 57% effective in South Africa. Although the headline efficacy figures put J&J JNJ +0.3% behind both Moderna and Pfizer PFE +0.8%, which have vaccines that are over 90% effective in the market, J&J’s shot remains very promising for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the shot only requires a single dose and this should greatly reduce logistical costs and help to vaccinate populations twice as fast with a given number of doses compared to the other shots on the market. This is valuable in the midst of a pandemic. Secondly, the shot has shown complete protection against hospitalization and deaths, 28 days post-vaccination. Moreover, the efficacy figures actually compare quite favorably with some other vaccines. For example, the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine posted an efficacy rate of roughly 62% with the standard two-dose regimen that is currently being used in the U.K. In fact, even annual flu vaccines are typically only around 40% to 60% effective. Additionally, J&J started late-stage trials to evaluate a two-dose regimen of its vaccine, with recruitment likely to be completed by this March. It’s possible that this dosing could offer better efficacy levels.

See our indicative theme of Covid-19 Vaccine stocks – which includes a diverse set of U.S.-based pharma and biotech companies developing Covid vaccines.

(02-15-2021, 09:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 07:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People are concerened about the significantly lower efficacy compared to the other two. That makes.the ignorant even more likely to refuse it.

Actually not.  It's somewhat confusing the way it is presented (on tv by just looking at percentages) but the article below brings clarity on the subject matter.  The 66% number is against variant strains but people are comparing that of the other companies results against the US Covid-19 strain.  When simply looking at the US results, JNJ is only 0.3% behind Moderna and 0.8% below Pfizer.  Hopefully investors will catch on because this is the vaccine a lot of countries will ultmately be using.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspecul...0729024073

Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) announced that its single-shot Covid-19 vaccine was 66% effective in preventing moderate and severe cases of Covid-19 in its global phase 3 trials. Efficacy varied by region, with the shot proving 72% effective in the U.S., 66% effective in Latin America, and around 57% effective in South Africa. Although the headline efficacy figures put J&J JNJ +0.3% behind both Moderna and Pfizer PFE +0.8%, which have vaccines that are over 90% effective in the market, J&J’s shot remains very promising for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the shot only requires a single dose and this should greatly reduce logistical costs and help to vaccinate populations twice as fast with a given number of doses compared to the other shots on the market. This is valuable in the midst of a pandemic. Secondly, the shot has shown complete protection against hospitalization and deaths, 28 days post-vaccination. Moreover, the efficacy figures actually compare quite favorably with some other vaccines. For example, the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine posted an efficacy rate of roughly 62% with the standard two-dose regimen that is currently being used in the U.K. In fact, even annual flu vaccines are typically only around 40% to 60% effective. Additionally, J&J started late-stage trials to evaluate a two-dose regimen of its vaccine, with recruitment likely to be completed by this March. It’s possible that this dosing could offer better efficacy levels.

See our indicative theme of Covid-19 Vaccine stocks – which includes a diverse set of U.S.-based pharma and biotech companies developing Covid vaccines.

As I said, my perspective is based on the ignorance of the average American almost half of whom already said they won't take the vaccine. You are referencing information they won't bother with, they'll just latch on to the "66%" number and, bam, "I aint' takin' that, it don't work!"

(02-15-2021, 07:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 12:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Up 17% since Jan 1 simply on CNBC advice (and some subsequent research on my own).

What's that old stock trader saying?  "Buy the rumor, sell the news."  If you wait for the news, you are already too late.  The people with the financial wherewithal to move the market know things long before you do.  So they get in before you do.  At that point, you are in all likelihood too late.

(02-15-2021, 07:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People are concerened about the significantly lower efficacy compared to the other two. That makes.the ignorant even more likely to refuse it.

I disagree with that.  I think the JNJ vaccine is a game changer.  It's easier to store and distribute, it's one shot, and it will keep you out of the hospital.  It's just as effective as the flu vaccine.

I'm not arguing the vaccine, I'm arguing the reception.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-15-2021, 10:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As I said, my perspective is based on the ignorance of the average American almost half of whom already said they won't take the vaccine. You are referencing information they won't bother with, they'll just latch on to the "66%" number and, bam, "I aint' takin' that, it don't work!"

I agree for now about the 66% number but JNJ is anticipating approval this week which should boost their stocks and if that doesn't happen immediately, they boost may come when they start landing contracts (e.g. to provide 1 million shots to South Africa, 2 million shots to ____, and so forth).

I almost pulled the trigger on Moderna at $76 but that was the day when it was already up 15% so I thought I missed the boat. It's now up to $183 (as I bang my head against the wall).

(02-15-2021, 10:25 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 10:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As I said, my perspective is based on the ignorance of the average American almost half of whom already said they won't take the vaccine. You are referencing information they won't bother with, they'll just latch on to the "66%" number and, bam, "I aint' takin' that, it don't work!"

I agree for now about the 66% number but JNJ is anticipating approval this week which should boost their stocks and if that doesn't happen immediately, they boost may come when they start landing contracts (e.g. to provide 1 million shots to South Africa, 2 million shots to ____, and so forth).

I almost pulled the trigger on Moderna at $76 but that was the day when it was already up 15% so I thought I missed the boat. It's now up to $183 (as I bang my head against the wall).

At the same time I noticed that Pfizer had a ~15% spike when their news came out back in December but they've already fallen back to previous levels. Since JNJ has been listed as underperforming for the last several quarters I wonder if you should plan on Pump and Dump with them as well.

Yes, that's kind of my strategy in general for this erratic time period.  The search for the next big thing is almost as fun as watching things hit.   I'll go for stability somewhere down the road but I also think this huge market momentum is being compounded by youth investments and also global investing (e.g. Europeans are investing in the NYSE companies) so that just adds a lot of layers of $$ that is being dumped into our market; boosting most every company.

(02-15-2021, 03:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yes, that's kind of my strategy in general for this erratic time period.  The search for the next big thing is almost as fun as watching things hit.   I'll go for stability somewhere down the road but I also think this huge market momentum is being compounded by youth investments and also global investing (e.g. Europeans are investing in the NYSE companies) so that just adds a lot of layers of $$ that is being dumped into our market; boosting most every company.

DMTK but you'd be a little late to the party now  Ninja

(02-15-2021, 03:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 03:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Yes, that's kind of my strategy in general for this erratic time period.  The search for the next big thing is almost as fun as watching things hit.   I'll go for stability somewhere down the road but I also think this huge market momentum is being compounded by youth investments and also global investing (e.g. Europeans are investing in the NYSE companies) so that just adds a lot of layers of $$ that is being dumped into our market; boosting most every company.

DMTK but you'd be a little late to the party now  Ninja

That moonshotted. Did you have position?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(02-16-2021, 12:02 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 03:12 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: DMTK but you'd be a little late to the party now  Ninja

That moonshotted. Did you have position?

Yes but wish it would've been larger.

Bitcoin is doing quite well with rapid increases.  Why not buy a few shares?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-16-2021, 04:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Bitcoin is doing quite well with rapid increases.  Why not buy a few shares?

It's too close to $50k right now. Historically the big money takes out their gains when it crests the next $10k level, so it should pull back soon. But I bought in again at ~$42k and I'm sitting on some nice gains that I'm going to bank soon.

(02-16-2021, 04:40 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 12:02 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: That moonshotted. Did you have position?

No kidding - that's always the case with me.  Even when I win, I continue to think "what if".   I need one of those +700% increases (i never even heard of that stock).   I just bought PLTR before the close.  They dropped 12.75% today so I'm hoping for a 6% upward swing tomorrow then I'll likely dump it.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 05:08 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-16-2021, 04:40 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 12:02 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: That moonshotted. Did you have position?

No kidding - that's always the case with me.  Even when I win, I continue to think "what if".   I need one of those +700% increases (i never even heard of that stock).   I just bought PLTR before the close.  They dropped 12.75% today so I'm hoping for a 6% upward swing tomorrow then I'll likely dump it.

(02-16-2021, 04:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Bitcoin is doing quite well with rapid increases.  Why not buy a few shares?

It's not offered under my Fidelity 401K brokerage link.  I tried to get in at $31k

(02-16-2021, 05:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

It's too close to $50k right now. Historically the big money takes out their gains when it crests the next $10k level, so it should pull back soon. But I bought in again at ~$42k and I'm sitting on some nice gains that I'm going to bank soon.

I'm just not a huge believer in bitcoin.  I'm satisfied with my 100 shares of Boeing and how it has done.  I bought it last year when the price was VERY low ($136 per share).  I sold off some shares to take profits and turned around and bought new shares on the way up (sell let's say 25 or 50 shares when it's had a good run, then buy the same 25 or 50 shares on a dip limiting my investment to 100 shares max).  As it has climbed I sell the oldest shares and replace them with new shares.  So far I am still up and may add to my position and increase the next buy to perhaps 200 shares on the next dip.  I have done the same with Micro$oft.  My only regret is not riding the Apple wave.

These are the only two single stocks that I have in my portfolio since I very seldom buy single stocks.  I have been heavy into tech ETF's for the most part as well as a few index ETF's.  Small caps are doing pretty good right now and I'm looking closely at perhaps rolling into the energy sector as well as perhaps banking.

(02-16-2021, 05:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 04:40 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Yes but wish it would've been larger.

It's not offered under my Fidelity 401K brokerage link.  I tried to get in at $31k

Your trading platform sucks.  If I was you I would invest in ETF's with your 401k brokerage link and open a regular account with Fidelity (or whatever brokerage you choose) if you want to gamble on single stocks.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I bought KNOS today @ .105...living la vida loco!!!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

PAVM  Ninja

(02-16-2021, 06:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: PAVM  Ninja

It will be interesting to see how it does when they report earnings next week.  In general the healthcare sector has done decent, but nothing spectacular.  XOM would probably be a better bet.  The price may not spike (though it probably will) but it should pay a pretty good dividend.