Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Price to slide from #1 to #2

I think it's a lock that Trevor Lawrence is the pick. But since it's the offseason... lets say hypothetically that Urban Meyer has Fields and Lawrence about close enough on the board that with a kings ransom from the Jets on the table he could be persuaded to slide down a spot. 

What would it take for the Jets to move up to #1? Or do you not budge at any price? 

Further question, if you can be persuaded to move down 1 spot, could you be persuaded to move down to the Falcons spot at 4? or perhaps further down the board?
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A Kings Ransom. Probably 3 firsts, and 2 seconds and a player and maybe a 4th and 5th.

And no

I would take 3 first round picks and 3 second round picks to move down one spot and the only reason I would even consider that, is because I have Zach Wilson graded similarly to Trevor Lawrence. If I was the GM and Meyer wanted to move down one spot to take Fields, there is no deal in the world I would take. I believe Fields is gonna be a complete "bust."

As far as moving down to pick #4, there is no way I move down that far. No deal at all. Even if someone offered 6 first round picks, I wouldn't take it.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 06:55 AM by iapetus.)

For a trade like that to work, you need:

1. A king's ransom in picks to trade, because that's the only way for it to work.
2. The Jets to believe that Lawrence is so far beyond all other QBs in the draft that this amount is worth paying.
3. The Jaguars to believe that another QB is largely equal to or superior to Lawrence.
4. The Jaguars to be so confident in this evaluation that they're not concerned by the fact that the Jets clearly disagree with them.

I don't see it happening - I certainly don't have confidence in the other QBs available enough to make that deal. Especially given that common belief is that Lawrence is good enough to make those future picks from the Jets worth less than they would be now. Also, given that the Jags already have a very rich selection of picks to work with, I'd be tempted to capitalise on that and start getting some early results rather than relying on waiting two or three years for those traded first rounders to start to show their value, especially as a new HC/GM combo.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 07:42 AM by The Real Marty.)

(02-17-2021, 01:33 AM)Firesky Wrote: I think it's a lock that Trevor Lawrence is the pick. But since it's the offseason... lets say hypothetically that Urban Meyer has Fields and Lawrence about close enough on the board that with a kings ransom from the Jets on the table he could be persuaded to slide down a spot. 

What would it take for the Jets to move up to #1? Or do you not budge at any price? 

Further question, if you can be persuaded to move down 1 spot, could you be persuaded to move down to the Falcons spot at 4? or perhaps further down the board?

I do not budge at any price.  Trevor Lawrence represents so much more than just a QB.  He represents the ultimate reboot of this flailing franchise.  Trevor Lawrence will sell 20,000 season tickets.  Trevor Lawrence will sell hundreds of thousands of jerseys.  Trevor Lawrence will get the schoolkids and the corporate sponsors interested in the Jaguars.  

I've got my heart set on Trevor Lawrence and the future with Trevor Lawrence.  I have no interest in trading him away at any price.  I know that's illogical, but after spending a couple of months imagining our future with Trevor Lawrence, I'm pretty fixed on that.

Besides, history shows how incredibly important a franchise QB can be to the success of a team.  It's not that hard to build around that guy when you find one, but it's very hard to find one.  And since TL is apparently is one of those very rare can't-miss prospects, you don't trade that away.  Period.

(02-17-2021, 01:33 AM)Firesky Wrote: I think it's a lock that Trevor Lawrence is the pick. But since it's the offseason... lets say hypothetically that Urban Meyer has Fields and Lawrence about close enough on the board that with a kings ransom from the Jets on the table he could be persuaded to slide down a spot. 

I would swap picks for all of Woody Johnson's stake in the Jets.

Look at the Ricky Williams, RGIII deals. Those aren't enough to get me to move. If Urbz wasn't convinced after running that pro-day workout, I don't know what it will take.

I'll admit to tinkering with mock drafts just to see how it plays out, but I always feel icky passing up someone as certain as TLaw, and often end up realizing that the extra picks are ok, but not franchise-defining.

For me there is no price. He’s that good. Trevor Lawrence will begin to make things right. Maybe it’s all optimism but that’s more than I’ve had in a decade or more with the Jags

Do you realize how long it took this team to have a franchise QB?

We've had chances to take a franchise QB before, but bypassed them...resulting in 26 years without a franchise signal caller.

No freaking way I repeat those mistakes. Not with the chance to take Trevor Lawrence.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

There is no realistic kings ransom that would get me to move down and give up TLawrence for another QB. I think you would have a major rebellion from the fanbase, that has stuck with this team to date. You don't give up a bonafide franchise QB such as this guy.

Call me crazy but if the Texans were able to acquire a top 5 pick this year and a 1st next year, id make the trade with Watson being included.

Everyones convinced TL is going to be a sure thing. Its very possible they are right but i think alot of it comes down to how they are coached. I'm a believer in a system, a system that makes the players better. Most of them time you are picking #1 because your teams system has sucked. Our situation is a bit different because we don't really know what to expect.

Someone like Watson was in a crappy situation in Houston and still has excelled even after they gave away the best receiver in the league.

I guess I'm just not a gambling man. I would prefer something proven over something that could be.
In Dougie I Trust!

(02-17-2021, 07:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I do not budge at any price.  Trevor Lawrence represents so much more than just a QB.  He represents the ultimate reboot of this flailing franchise.  Trevor Lawrence will sell 20,000 season tickets.  Trevor Lawrence will sell hundreds of thousands of jerseys.  Trevor Lawrence will get the schoolkids and the corporate sponsors interested in the Jaguars.  

I've got my heart set on Trevor Lawrence and the future with Trevor Lawrence.  I have no interest in trading him away at any price.  I know that's illogical, but after spending a couple of months imagining our future with Trevor Lawrence, I'm pretty fixed on that.

Besides, history shows how incredibly important a franchise QB can be to the success of a team.  It's not that hard to build around that guy when you find one, but it's very hard to find one.  And since TL is apparently is one of those very rare can't-miss prospects, you don't trade that away.  Period.

Ditto!

No thanks

Who is Price? I thought TLaw was the rock solid, cast iron, air tight, undisputed number 1 draft pick this year?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I know TLaw is supposed to be head and shoulders better than the rest of the QB field in the draft, but I can't see any team out there offering up a king's ransom to move up to number one when pretty damn good consolation QB's will still be available..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2021, 05:38 PM by Jags.)

Shame, embarrassment and a decade of “what if’s.   

Oh, you meant the price for the other team. Nvm

(02-17-2021, 07:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

A related thought came to mind recently:

Trevor Lawrence has a very realistic chance on having a relatively similar long term impact for the Jacksonville Jaguars that the addition of Kevin Durant has already had for the Brooklyn Nets. Franchise game changers.

Pick #2
Pick #23
Pick #34
Pick #66
2022 1st Round Pick
2022 2nd Round Pick
2022 3rd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 2nd Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
2024 1st Round Pick
2024 2nd Round Pick
2024 3rd Round Pick
2025 1st Round Pick

(02-17-2021, 10:08 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Pick #2
Pick #23
Pick #34
Pick #66
2022 1st Round Pick
2022 2nd Round Pick
2022 3rd Round Pick
2023 1st Round Pick
2023 2nd Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
2024 1st Round Pick
2024 2nd Round Pick
2024 3rd Round Pick
2025 1st Round Pick

One of the problems is (if my memory is right) teams can't trade picks that are more than two years out in the NFL. So it's not really possible for a team to trade enough draft value to get the Jaguars to move, they'd have to also be trading players.

If this had all come about a few years ago when Mahomes was still on his rookie deal that's a situation where a trade could have been possible. As It is right now I don't think it's possible for the chiefs to trade him even if they wanted to, and Mahomes represents the only thing sure enough to make it worth the trade to the Jaguars.

Watson from the texans and their 3rd round pick this year and 1st round next year.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-17-2021, 11:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Watson from the texans and their 3rd round pick this year and 1st round next year.

And then we'd be stuck looking for another QB after 1 year when he refuses to play for us and cries his way out of town like he's currently doing with the texans....