Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market under President Biden

Silly question, I’ve got to ask. Obviously, some of you buy and sell on your own. More power to you. But the others, do you not have financial advisors doing this stuff for you? Or do you but have your “playing money” or whatever you call it? To me, I just can’t wrap my head around this [BLEEP]. And this thread along with the other is way too damn active for people shelling out money to someone that knows what their doing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-23-2021, 05:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: This thread makes me realize why ANTIFA exists.

Yup.. Target practice..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(02-23-2021, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Silly question, I’ve got to ask.  Obviously, some of you buy and sell on your own.  More power to you.  But the others, do you not have financial advisors doing this stuff for you?   Or do you but have your “playing money” or whatever you call it?  To me, I just can’t wrap my head around this [BLEEP].  And this thread along with the other is way too damn active for people shelling out money to someone that knows what their doing.

My advice is to use a financial advisor if you don't know much about investing.  I personally did a lot of reading and studying before I started investing money on my own in the market back in the early 2000's.  I eventually rolled a few 401k's that I had from previous employers into a couple of IRA's that I manage myself.

Buying/selling stock on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis is pretty much a fool's game in my opinion.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-23-2021, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Silly question, I’ve got to ask.  Obviously, some of you buy and sell on your own.  More power to you.  But the others, do you not have financial advisors doing this stuff for you?   Or do you but have your “playing money” or whatever you call it?  To me, I just can’t wrap my head around this [BLEEP].  And this thread along with the other is way too damn active for people shelling out money to someone that knows what their doing.

But the dip you dip. Discount shopping on bear Friday...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 12:24 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-24-2021, 12:14 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: But the dip you dip. Discount shopping on bear Friday...

This is crazy --- sold SQ @ $278 on Friday and got back in today at $237.  The target price on this is $300+ 

Value/Recovery stocks are booming.  This was the moment we've all been waiting for.  Looks like a lot of transition from big tech to recovery (eg. airlines, oil, cruise, banks)

I wanted to chill out this week but when you have Jessica Alba showing up at your doorstep, you need to hit the BUY key.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 12:22 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

(02-24-2021, 12:14 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

Buy the dip you dip. Discount shopping on bear Friday...

(02-24-2021, 12:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:14 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: But the dip you dip. Discount shopping on bear Friday...

This is crazy --- sold SQ @ $278 on Friday and got back in today at $237.  The target price on this is $300+ 

Value/Recovery stocks are booming.  This was the moment we've all been waiting for.  Looks like a lot of transition from big tech to recovery (eg. airlines, oil, cruise, banks)

Today is the only bull day of the week. Be careful

(02-24-2021, 12:20 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

[BLEEP] the airlines.  I do not like that stock unless you're sniping

(02-24-2021, 12:20 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

Actually, the entire week has been very Bull for recovery -- check out the 5-year history of CCL, UAL, WFC, XOM and such, there's still a long way to go. Keep in mind, there's only so many airlines, cruise lines, banks, and oil companies and all are backed by the gov to a certain extent --- in the aggregate, I'm hoping for another 20% this year since doubling down on recovery Monday.

(02-24-2021, 12:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:20 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

Actually, the entire week has been very Bull for recovery -- check out the 5-year history of CCL, UAL, WFC, XOM and such, there's still a long way to go. Keep in mind, there's only so many airlines, cruise lines, banks, and oil companies and all are backed by the gov to a certain extent --- in the aggregate, I'm hoping for another 20% this year since doubling down on recovery Monday.

My interpretation is that the space companies will wipe the airlines off the face of the map. Food for thought?

Check out that FSR needle dick

(02-24-2021, 12:35 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:29 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Actually, the entire week has been very Bull for recovery -- check out the 5-year history of CCL, UAL, WFC, XOM and such, there's still a long way to go. Keep in mind, there's only so many airlines, cruise lines, banks, and oil companies and all are backed by the gov to a certain extent --- in the aggregate, I'm hoping for another 20% this year since doubling down on recovery Monday.

My interpretation is that the space companies will wipe the airlines off the face of the map. Food for thought?

Lol ... thanks for reminding me what I passed on (FSR -- up 27% today).  Anyway, I think the core airlines still have upside for another month or 2 (as the market looks ahead).  I chose UAL and LUV but UAL probably has more upside since LUV is already back to prior levels of it's 2019 share price.  Conversely UAL was at $90 but has only recovered to $55/share.   WFC is another one ... apparently they had certain restrictions on them over the past 3 years due to violations -- those restrictions are going to soon be lifted and they have an entirely new executive team.  They were at $55ish in 2019 and are now at $38

Thanks again for FSR reminder ...... I didn't want 27% today anyway .... just checked .... correction .... 29% and going up !!  Sad

(02-24-2021, 01:33 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:35 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: My interpretation is that the space companies will wipe the airlines off the face of the map. Food for thought?

Lol ... thanks for reminding me what I passed on (FSR -- up 27% today).  Anyway, I think the core airlines still have upside for another month or 2 (as the market looks ahead).  I chose UAL and LUV but UAL probably has more upside since LUV is already back to prior levels of it's 2019 share price.  Conversely UAL was at $90 but has only recovered to $55/share.   WFC is another one ... apparently they had certain restrictions on them over the past 3 years due to violations -- those restrictions are going to soon be lifted and they have an entirely new executive team.  They were at $55ish in 2019 and are now at $38

Thanks again for FSR reminder ...... I didn't want 27% today anyway .... just checked .... correction .... 29% and going up !!  Sad

I caught it yesterday at 15.55. What .03 cents will do for you...lol

(02-24-2021, 01:51 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 01:33 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol ... thanks for reminding me what I passed on (FSR -- up 27% today).  Anyway, I think the core airlines still have upside for another month or 2 (as the market looks ahead).  I chose UAL and LUV but UAL probably has more upside since LUV is already back to prior levels of it's 2019 share price.  Conversely UAL was at $90 but has only recovered to $55/share.   WFC is another one ... apparently they had certain restrictions on them over the past 3 years due to violations -- those restrictions are going to soon be lifted and they have an entirely new executive team.  They were at $55ish in 2019 and are now at $38

I caught it yesterday at 15.55. What .03 cents will do for you...lol

OH [BLEEP] --- THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR PLTR  --- oh my ---- NICE !!!

(02-24-2021, 09:59 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:

My advice is to use a financial advisor if you don't know much about investing.  I personally did a lot of reading and studying before I started investing money on my own in the market back in the early 2000's.  I eventually rolled a few 401k's that I had from previous employers into a couple of IRA's that I manage myself.

Buying/selling stock on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis is pretty much a fool's game in my opinion.

That’s our plan.  We meet with him in April.  I’m looking forward to it.  I opened a Roth IRA w/ him when I was 18.   Life happened and I quit contributing.  By the time I have the appointment it will be 21 years later!  I think I’m years overdue.  I just hope he doesn’t want ALL my excess money, lol.  Gotta have some fun with the hard work.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 05:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

This is crazy --- i took a flyer on GME and AMC again figuring nothing to lose and it's been a target of the Reddit dudes .... GME is up 103% today and AMC is up 20% today and 43% overall.  I sold half of my AMC but GME is halted.    Way too funny.

(02-24-2021, 05:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: This is crazy --- i took a flyer on GME and AMC again figuring nothing to lose and it's been a target of the Reddit dudes .... GME is up 103% today and AMC is up 20% today and 43% overall.  I sold half of my AMC but GME is halted.    Way too funny.

Man I was told to buy GME and I opted not to...oof

(02-24-2021, 04:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 09:59 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: My advice is to use a financial advisor if you don't know much about investing.  I personally did a lot of reading and studying before I started investing money on my own in the market back in the early 2000's.  I eventually rolled a few 401k's that I had from previous employers into a couple of IRA's that I manage myself.

That’s our plan.  We meet with him in April.  I’m looking forward to it.  I opened a Roth IRA w/ him when I was 18.   Life happened and I quit contributing.  By the time I have the appointment it will be 21 years later!  I think I’m years overdue.  I just hope he doesn’t want ALL my excess money, lol.  Gotta have some fun with the hard work.

The two of you should be discussing your short term and long term goals, the amount you're comfortable giving him up front and on a recurring basis, and he should be building an investment strategy tailored to those goals and your specific circumstances.

(02-24-2021, 05:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: This is crazy --- i took a flyer on GME and AMC again figuring nothing to lose and it's been a target of the Reddit dudes .... GME is up 103% today and AMC is up 20% today and 43% overall.  I sold half of my AMC but GME is halted.    Way too funny.

I got back into Gme a few days ago...I’m a happy camper right now, again! Banana

After hours trading is at $184!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-24-2021, 04:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 09:59 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: My advice is to use a financial advisor if you don't know much about investing.  I personally did a lot of reading and studying before I started investing money on my own in the market back in the early 2000's.  I eventually rolled a few 401k's that I had from previous employers into a couple of IRA's that I manage myself.

A Roth IRA is a good move for you given your age (at least what I think it is).  A traditional IRA is also not a bad move which will give you a current tax benefit.  As far as contributing, the key is to contribute as much as you can on a regular basis, even if it's only a few dollars per month.  Over time your nest egg will grow and when you hit retirement age or close to it you will be sitting pretty good.

The people basically "betting" on individual stocks, buying and selling every day are not investing.  They are gambling.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 06:08 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-24-2021, 05:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

I got back into Gme a few days ago...I’m a happy camper right now, again! Banana

Wow .... that is great.  You need the "Thank You GME" bumper sticker on your vehicle or perhaps just get the GME4ME vanity plate. 

Ok, so i tried to sell at 3:55pm but trading was halted.  I assume they open it back up for extended trading after 4pm?  Why do the after hours people get to wheel and deal while we are blocked?   I love rolling the dice, but I was really content at 103% but will definitely cash out at 9:30am IF they let me --- hopefully it can maintain the extended hours pop (right now 70% extended hours) .... heck, I'll take an extra 50% on top of my 103% ---- i'm not greedy (ha !!) ---- THIS IS CRAZY   I'm going to be doing 1,000 clicks on GME and AMC throughout the night.  If it tanks, oh well.  This is worth the excitement.

(02-24-2021, 06:07 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 05:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I got back into Gme a few days ago...I’m a happy camper right now, again! Banana

Wow .... that is great.  You need the "Thank You GME" bumper sticker on your vehicle or perhaps just get the GME4ME vanity plate. 

Ok, so i tried to sell at 3:55pm but trading was halted.  I assume they open it back up for extended trading after 4pm?  Why do the after hours people get to wheel and deal while we are blocked?   I love rolling the dice, but I was really content at 103% but will definitely cash out at 9:30am IF they let me --- hopefully it can maintain the extended hours pop (right now 70% extended hours) .... heck, I'll take an extra 50% on top of my 103% ---- i'm not greedy (ha !!) ---- THIS IS CRAZY   I'm going to be doing 1,000 clicks on GME and AMC throughout the night.  If it tanks, oh well.  This is worth the excitement.

Who do you trade with? I’m with fidelity and have after hours trading. You just have to talk to a rep so they can try to talk you off the risky after hours trading ledge first.

And it went all the way to $200 before dropping a little!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-24-2021, 05:37 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 04:32 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s our plan.  We meet with him in April.  I’m looking forward to it.  I opened a Roth IRA w/ him when I was 18.   Life happened and I quit contributing.  By the time I have the appointment it will be 21 years later!  I think I’m years overdue.  I just hope he doesn’t want ALL my excess money, lol.  Gotta have some fun with the hard work.

The two of you should be discussing your short term and long term goals, the amount you're comfortable giving him up front and on a recurring basis, and he should be building an investment strategy tailored to those goals and your specific circumstances.

First, I thank you for the advice.  I know my online persona makes me look like a jerk and probably not that smart.  But we’ve already talked about all that and are prepared to bring whats needed  to the appointment.  We also have a number in our heads that he can freely do as he wishes.    He can have quite a bit each month to work with that we honestly don’t need, atm.   I know that value is relative.   But I’m sure even at 39 he’ll be satisfied and pleased he has enough to work with.    and we’d still have our “fun money”. I most certainly WILL NOT be giving him enough to where I can’t buy something all Willy Nilly!  I mean, why bust my [BLEEP] if I can’t? We’re not exactly starting from zero either.   We want land.  That’s short term.  If he can get it to us yesterday, he’s too late, haha.  Long term, obviously the retirement aspect.  We’ve got numbers  for that as well.