Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

(02-20-2021, 10:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:20 PM)Jags Wrote: Uh... yeah... that pretty much sums it up, I suppose.   Doesn’t feel like that to me because it’s what I’m used to.  My liquor days are waaay behind me.

I tried a newish brand the last couple weeks called Island. They are a small company making a quality emphasis lager to compete with the big domestics. They have a label called Active that hits the Ultra and Zero niche. I dont drink that stuff much but thought it was decent, so I might switch to that while I work off my quaran-fifteen. It was a dollar more for a sixer over the Bud stuff right next to it, so it's not Craft pricey either. If you see it give it a shot, I'd like to know what a Bud guy thinks of it.

I’ll keep an eye out and give it a try.  I’ll let you know.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-17-2021, 06:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I know I’ll catch some grief over this and rightfully so,  has anyone tried Bud Zero?  It’s not terrible.   It’s like AB took the taste of Budweiser and Bud Light, split the difference and took the alcohol and calories out.  Like they’re catering to two groups of drinkers.  Have your laughs, make your fun, I lll take it.  Just seeing what others thought of it if you’ve tried it.  

I’ve bought 2 12 packs now.  Sure, I supplement it with my normal “watery BL beer”.

I won't but there are much better choices for NAs. Check out a company called Athletic Brewing. They have a brew that is a dead ringer for Intuition I-10 with < .05% ABV.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I used to be a heavy drinker.. Now I just settle for the occasional rum & coke or full flavored beer. Don't even care what kind. When the mood strikes, I'd drink anything, but that's few and far between now.. Trying to live a little healthier, so those zero calorie beers I'll have to try..

Until I retire and start doing peyote on the regular..

We need a peyote thread..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-20-2021, 08:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I used to be a heavy drinker.. Now I just settle for the occasional rum & coke or full flavored beer. Don't even care what kind. When the mood strikes, I'd drink anything, but that's few and far between now.. Trying to live a little healthier, so those zero calorie beers I'll have to try..

I'm somewhat the same.  I don't drink liquor very often but if I do I prefer either a good bourbon, good vodka or a good gin.  I drink Yuengling Light as my "regular beer" which is only 2.3%.  Every now and then I treat myself with a 6 pack of a good dark beer or an IPA.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-20-2021, 08:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 08:09 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I used to be a heavy drinker.. Now I just settle for the occasional rum & coke or full flavored beer. Don't even care what kind. When the mood strikes, I'd drink anything, but that's few and far between now.. Trying to live a little healthier, so those zero calorie beers I'll have to try..

I'm somewhat the same.  I don't drink liquor very often but if I do I prefer either a good bourbon, good vodka or a good gin.  I drink Yuengling Light as my "regular beer" which is only 2.3%.  Every now and then I treat myself with a 6 pack of a good dark beer or an IPA.

I used to drink a lot of vodka back in the day.. Used to buy this kind called Rain.. Was pretty good, mixed well..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-20-2021, 10:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:20 PM)Jags Wrote: Uh... yeah... that pretty much sums it up, I suppose.   Doesn’t feel like that to me because it’s what I’m used to.  My liquor days are waaay behind me.

I tried a newish brand the last couple weeks called Island. They are a small company making a quality emphasis lager to compete with the big domestics. They have a label called Active that hits the Ultra and Zero niche. I dont drink that stuff much but thought it was decent, so I might switch to that while I work off my quaran-fifteen. It was a dollar more for a sixer over the Bud stuff right next to it, so it's not Craft pricey either. If you see it give it a shot, I'd like to know what a Bud guy thinks of it.

I've found a couple of nice local dark/red beers since moving out here.  Rahr Brothers Texas Red and The Lazy Dogs Sun Slapping Red.  And the Sun Slapping Red is 6.7% ABV...bonus.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I've switched from Beck's back to Michelob Light. Not Ultra, just light.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 10:07 PM by KingIngram052787.)

(02-24-2021, 10:02 PM)mikesez Wrote: I've switched from Beck's back to Michelob Light.  Not Ultra, just light.

I've been drinking Mich Light recently too.  I feel like it got lost when Ultra came out and I missed it.

I like bourbon, recently got a bottle of Bearcat bourbon that's infused with notes of espresso and aromatic bitters. I really like coffee in food and drink so I think I'm really going to enjoy it, but haven't had a chance to pop it open just yet.

(02-20-2021, 08:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Good bourbon, good vodka,  good gin yet [BLEEP] beer?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(02-24-2021, 10:20 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(02-20-2021, 08:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm somewhat the same.  I don't drink liquor very often but if I do I prefer either a good bourbon, good vodka or a good gin.  I drink Yuengling Light as my "regular beer" which is only 2.3%.  Every now and then I treat myself with a 6 pack of a good dark beer or an IPA.

Good bourbon, good vodka,  good gin yet [BLEEP] beer?

Yuengling is a perfectly acceptable weekend drankin' beer.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-25-2021, 02:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 10:20 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Good bourbon, good vodka,  good gin yet [BLEEP] beer?

Check your messages...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-24-2021, 10:20 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Good bourbon, good vodka,  good gin yet [BLEEP] beer?

None of the establishments I've been to out here have even heard of Yuengling, which was my go to for 25+ years.  I've migrated to Shiner Bock which, much like Yuengling, they have on tap just about everywhere as my 'regular' go to.  Although I have found a couple of good local reds.

(02-25-2021, 02:19 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 02:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yuengling is a perfectly acceptable weekend drankin' beer.

Check your messages...

When you absolutely, positively have to get ahold of me...check the Booze thread... Cool

(02-25-2021, 02:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 02:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yuengling is a perfectly acceptable weekend drankin' beer.

None of the establishments I've been to out here have even heard of Yuengling, which was my go to for 25+ years.  I've migrated to Shiner Bock which, much like Yuengling, they have on tap just about everywhere as my 'regular' go to.  Although I have found a couple of good local reds.

Shiner's not bad, I enjoyed their winter brew while I was out there at Christmas.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 08:07 PM by Jags.)

Um... were you a mod yesterday?

(02-25-2021, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote:

You don’t think all that apple polishing with Bunnie was for naught, did you?

(02-25-2021, 10:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote: Um... were you a mod yesterday?

Sucking up works! Banana
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-25-2021, 02:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Shiner is so heavy! That's a treat to me.  I couldn't have that as my regular.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-25-2021, 10:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 02:27 PM)RicoTx Wrote: None of the establishments I've been to out here have even heard of Yuengling, which was my go to for 25+ years.  I've migrated to Shiner Bock which, much like Yuengling, they have on tap just about everywhere as my 'regular' go to.  Although I have found a couple of good local reds.

Shiner is so heavy! That's a treat to me.  I couldn't have that as my regular.

I don't find that it's all that different from Yuengling.

(02-25-2021, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote:

Yes, I was 38th on the list of candidates.

(02-25-2021, 10:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote: Um... were you a mod yesterday?

As the Honorable Harry T. Stone once said, "i may have been last on the list Miss Sullivan, but I was on the list."

(02-25-2021, 10:27 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: You don’t think all that apple polishing with Bunnie was for naught, did you?

Sucking up works! Banana

Yep, that's how you got me.  Ninja

(02-25-2021, 10:56 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: Shiner is so heavy! That's a treat to me.  I couldn't have that as my regular.

I don't find that it's all that different from Yuengling.

Me either, but he drinks Ultra on the regular so I'm sure that anything with more body than water is too much.