Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DraftNetwork 3 round mock

I know a couple of you won't like the 1st 2nd round pick, but I'd be pretty happy with this first three rounds for the Jaguars

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/202...harris-5.0

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-02-2021, 07:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I know a couple of you won't like the 1st 2nd round pick, but I'd be pretty happy with this first three rounds for the Jaguars

Hate it. Apparently that guy doesn't realize we won't have a starting LT.

Love the first 2 rounds

(03-02-2021, 07:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 07:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I know a couple of you won't like the 1st 2nd round pick, but I'd be pretty happy with this first three rounds for the Jaguars

Just speculation on my part, but perhaps he presumes a FA signing at the position.

In terms of the players selected-as opposed to the players not selected-I like his picks.

My thing is many mock draft makers will project guys to us they don't like or otherwise don't know what to do with.

This one certainly does not read that way.

He must not realize our 2nd and 3rd highest paid players are off ball LBs. Collins would be fine otherwise but a waste considering opportunity cost.

I still can't stand Freiermuth. I am praying so hard that we sign one of the big FA TE so we don't blow a pick on Kyle Rudolph 2.0. Even worse that he did it with the tackles that were still on the board.

I kinda like Levi but would be real sad if we passed on Cosmi, Newsome, or Stokes for him. Grant in the third would be cool.

My picks based off this would be Tlaw, Ojulari, Jenkins, Newsome, and Grant. And then I would take Alim McNeil with 4.01.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 09:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

My picks would probably go exactly like this lol. BPA on pretty much every pick.

Paris Ford and trade up to grab McNeil into the 4th

This with signing Williams and Pat Pete along with a few mid tier guys

Passing on Rondale Moore, Levi, Radunz and Jenkins for Friermuth..... yikes.

In 2 weeks I think it will be much clearer which direction we go in the draft

(03-02-2021, 07:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I hope the team isn't thinking this way. Need based drafting is a great way to stay terrible.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 09:46 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-02-2021, 09:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 07:45 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hate it. Apparently that guy doesn't realize we won't have a starting LT.

I hope the team isn't thinking this way. Need based drafting is a great way to stay terrible.

In fairness, we're a 1-15 team. 

We pretty much have needs everywhere.

(03-02-2021, 09:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: In 2 weeks I think it will be much clearer which direction we go in the draft

Yep.

It'll be hard for me to wait.

It's still really early in the offseason and football withdrawal is kicking my butt.

(03-02-2021, 09:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Passing on Rondale Moore, Levi, Radunz and Jenkins for Friermuth..... yikes.

But we wound up with Levi later in his mock.

(03-02-2021, 09:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 09:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: I hope the team isn't thinking this way. Need based drafting is a great way to stay terrible.

In fairness, we're a 1-15 team. 

(03-02-2021, 09:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: In 2 weeks I think it will be much clearer which direction we go in the draft

Yep.

It's still really early in the offseason and football withdrawal is kicking my butt.

Yes, the Jaguars do, but the quality of players at any particular position during any particular pick of the draft aren't necessarily as good as the players at a different position.

The upshot is the team needs to think about getting players that will contribute over the next 5-10 years, not worrying about displacing mediocre players already on the roster during this season.

Hopefully we go into this draft wanting to find the best players we can find and not the mindset of we need to fill this need or that need. Let the draft come to us.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 10:30 PM by Upper.)

(03-02-2021, 10:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully we go into this draft wanting to find the best players we can find and not the mindset of we need to fill this need or that need. Let the draft come to us.

People keep saying this and then they continually mock us a TE at 33 (and sometimes even 25) that doesn't fit Meyer's system historically and likely won't produce significantly until year 3 if at all. The only reason he is constantly mocked to us is because TE is one of our biggest needs and even moreso now because we hired his college coach. Doesn't sound like letting the draft come to us to me.

(03-02-2021, 10:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hopefully we go into this draft wanting to find the best players we can find and not the mindset of we need to fill this need or that need.  Let the draft come to us.

People keep saying this and then they continually mock us a TE at 33 (and sometimes even 25) that doesn't fit Meyer's system historically and likely won't produce significantly until year 3 if at all. The only reason he is constantly mocked to us is because TE is one of our biggest needs and even moreso now because we hired his college coach. Doesn't sound like letting the draft come to us to me.
A lot of us liked Freiermuth before Bowen got hired and I haven't seen anyone say they want him at 25.  My ideal spot is 45 but if we took him at 33 I'd be good with it depending on who is there.  Not sure why twitter got you believing this false narrative that the good TEs don't produce till year 3.  Even if we sign a TE in FA I'd be ok with taking Freiermuth with one of our 2nds.

(03-02-2021, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:30 PM)Upper Wrote: People keep saying this and then they continually mock us a TE at 33 (and sometimes even 25) that doesn't fit Meyer's system historically and likely won't produce significantly until year 3 if at all. The only reason he is constantly mocked to us is because TE is one of our biggest needs and even moreso now because we hired his college coach. Doesn't sound like letting the draft come to us to me.
A lot of us liked Freiermuth before Bowen got hired and I haven't seen anyone say they want him at 25.  My ideal spot is 45 but if we took him at 33 I'd be good with it depending on who is there.  Not sure why twitter got you believing this false narrative that the good TEs don't produce till year 3.  Even if we sign a TE in FA I'd be ok with taking Freiermuth with one of our 2nds.
So if the ideal spot is 45, how can he be BAP at 33? Wouldn’t the ideal spot for him be 33 since he would be the BAP?

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 11:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-02-2021, 10:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A lot of us liked Freiermuth before Bowen got hired and I haven't seen anyone say they want him at 25.  My ideal spot is 45 but if we took him at 33 I'd be good with it depending on who is there.  Not sure why twitter got you believing this false narrative that the good TEs don't produce till year 3.  Even if we sign a TE in FA I'd be ok with taking Freiermuth with one of our 2nds.
So if the ideal spot is 45, how can he be BAP at 33? Wouldn’t the ideal spot for him be 33 since he would be the BAP?
I dont know how the draft will fall so I'm not sure if he will be BPA or not. I would love for a player to fall like Barmore, Collins, Horn, Moehrig and i came name others I hope falls to 33.  I'd like it much better if Freiermuth fell to 45 but I'm not sure if he will be there.

You always want players to fall like how Tampa got a steal when they were able to get Winfield, Seattle when the got Metcalf, Ten got Brown in the 2nd. It seems every year a player or 2 falls and a team gets a steal in the 2nd

(03-02-2021, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not sure why twitter got you believing this false narrative that the good TEs don't produce till year 3.  Even if we sign a TE in FA I'd be ok with taking Freiermuth with one of our 2nds.

You would build a very underwhelming football team.

(03-02-2021, 11:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 10:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Not sure why twitter got you believing this false narrative that the good TEs don't produce till year 3.  Even if we sign a TE in FA I'd be ok with taking Freiermuth with one of our 2nds.

You would build a very underwhelming football team.

Lol, I've seen yours

(03-02-2021, 10:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 09:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: In fairness, we're a 1-15 team. 

Yep.

Yes, the Jaguars do, but the quality of players at any particular position during any particular pick of the draft aren't necessarily as good as the players at a different position.

The upshot is the team needs to think about getting players that will contribute over the next 5-10 years, not worrying about displacing mediocre players already on the roster during this season.

Oh...that concept is clear.

It goes back to accurate evaluation of talent and drafting accordingly.  As I stated repeatedly during the Gene Smith era, if your player evaluations are not accurate, and you rank the players on those inaccurate evaluations, it doesn't matter if you take your highest rated player on your board when it's time to pick, which is why the BPA approach, while perhaps preferable to a needs based approach, is not infallible.