Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence 3 part Analysis

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 11:46 AM by Bullseye.)

Apologies if these videos were posted already, but this was the first time I have seen them and I think the analysis is superb.

It was done by a former NFL QB J.T. O' Sullivan,  He does not avoid the bad stuff or criticizing Lawrence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1akZ_gkETJI     This was vs. North Carolina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D-ao5xggzQ    This was the Pitt game

This video was the Virgina Tech game, which was one of his worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvgSLMLXzFM

These games were from 2019, based on the date these were posted.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This guy is really big on Joe Burrows, which is completely understandable. I noticed a couple of times he compared Lawrence's occasional lack of vision with Burrows' superior ability to see the entire field. I don't know if that is an ability that can be coached, but it can certainly improve and it doesn't seem to be a debilitating problem.

Besides the occasional vision issues, the videos certainly highlight TL's ability to make plays with his physical skills. If anything, it demonstrates Lawrence will have some growing pains his first season as he deals with teams game planning against his vision lapses.

Patience, Jaguars fans, patience.

There's so many positives about TL, but it's nice to see a breakdown on some of the negatives as well, as miniscule and as few and far between they are..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-04-2021, 08:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This guy is really big on Joe Burrows, which is completely understandable. I noticed a couple of times he compared Lawrence's occasional lack of vision with Burrows' superior ability to see the entire field. I don't know if that is an ability that can be coached, but it can certainly improve and it doesn't seem to be a debilitating problem.

Besides the occasional vision issues, the videos certainly highlight TL's ability to make plays with his physical skills. If anything, it demonstrates Lawrence will have some growing pains his first season as he deals with teams game planning against his vision lapses.

I mean the natural comparison is Burrow = Brady, Lawrence = Manning
but I don't' think that is entirely fair since pretty much everyone would take Brady's 10 super bowls and that intangible can't really be quantified until it happens.

(03-04-2021, 08:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This guy is really big on Joe Burrows, which is completely understandable. I noticed a couple of times he compared Lawrence's occasional lack of vision with Burrows' superior ability to see the entire field. I don't know if that is an ability that can be coached, but it can certainly improve and it doesn't seem to be a debilitating problem.

I'm sure it can be coached. 

I just hope we have the coaches to do it effectively.

Some of the things that stood out to me...

1.  Seemingly mechanically sound.  O' Sullivan did not say anything negative that I recall about his mechanics/throwing motion and is a good athlete (avoids the BL issues)
2.  Seems to stand tough in the face of pressure (avoids the Gabbert issue); and
3.  Is a natural thrower of the football (avoids the Bortls issues)

Thanks Bullseye, good videos.

Still can't believe we are getting Trevor Lawrence. Like the winning lottery ticket just blew into our wallet!!

(03-04-2021, 12:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Thanks Bullseye, good videos.

Still can't believe we are getting Trevor Lawrence. Like the winning lottery ticket just blew into our wallet!!

It's about time.

There were a few times we were the worst team in football (or close to it) and never got the top overall pick.

We didn't get the top overall pick in our inaugural season.

We didn't get it the season after.

We didn't get it in 2013.

Carolina has had it twice,

Browns and Bengals have each had the top pick 4 times since 1994.

A lot of the team's woes at QB were our fault.

We bypassed Rodgers, Watson and Mahomes.

But it seems we'll finally get our guy.

(03-04-2021, 12:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 12:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Thanks Bullseye, good videos.

It's about time.

There were a few times we were the worst team in football (or close to it) and never got the top overall pick.

We didn't get the top overall pick in our inaugural season.

We didn't get it the season after.

We didn't get it in 2013.

Carolina has had it twice,

Browns and Bengals have each had the top pick 4 times since 1994.

A lot of the team's woes at QB were our fault.

We bypassed Rodgers, Watson and Mahomes.

But it seems we'll finally get our guy.

Absolutely! Clemson are one of the few college teams ive seen a fair few games of in recent years and i kept thinking whoever gets Lawrence is going to be so lucky. It would never be us Jags. I found it hard to get excited for Fields as i thought Lawrence was the best guy but we were picking #2 and he would be gone.

And thats your point, for so long weve had to settle for the 2nd choice or blow the pick but for once we got whoever we want and weve done it in a year when one of the best prospects for some time is available. Its a miracle that its happened to us. 

Smart kid, talented, no off field problems and looks like hes happy to come to Jacksonville. The fans and city are waiting, i cant believe im feeling this positive after a 1-15 season

(03-04-2021, 09:43 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: I mean the natural comparison is Burrow = Brady, Lawrence = Manning
but I don't' think that is entirely fair since pretty much everyone would take Brady's 10 super bowls and that intangible can't really be quantified until it happens.

I'll take it.  Even with the many playoff heartaches, I'll take Manning's 1 SB victory (w/ Colts)  and many AFC South Titles if Trevor's career with the Jags were to mirror that of Manning with the Colts.  Winning 12 regular season games on a consistent bases and appearing on SNF and MNF regularly over a 14 year span would be great for Jacksonville.

(03-04-2021, 02:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 09:43 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: I mean the natural comparison is Burrow = Brady, Lawrence = Manning

I'll take it.  Even with the many playoff heartaches, I'll take Manning's 1 SB victory (w/ Colts)  and many AFC South Titles if Trevor's career with the Jags were to mirror that of Manning with the Colts.  Winning 12 regular season games on a consistent bases and appearing on SNF and MNF regularly over a 14 year span would be great for Jacksonville.

Sign me up for that too.

Of course I'd want all of the Super Bowl wins Brady has, but if Lawrence's career mirrors Manning's, you're still talking first ballot Hall of Fame stuff here.  A career like Manning's would put Jacksonville in a much higher franchise profile than we've ever enjoyed.

My concern is getting him enough help around him so his productivity here is maximized.

I agree with this. It was also made clear how rarely Lawrence anticipates his wide receiver coming open. Again, I think this is something he can figure out, but it may cause problems in the NFL, considering how much faster the defense plays.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 09:29 AM by The Real Marty.)

I appreciate the analysis, but obviously, the problem with this type of analysis is that it is pointing out things he didn't do in college because he didn't have to do them.  

All those subtle little things great pro QBs do are simply not done in college because it isn't necessary.  Teams like Clemson don't need all that.

For example, if he didn't anticipate receivers coming open, it's probably because he didn't need to do that.  College QBs throw to wide open receivers.

Is Thevor Trevor's brother?

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 11:47 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-05-2021, 09:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I appreciate the analysis, but obviously, the problem with this type of analysis is that it is pointing out things he didn't do in college because he didn't have to do them.  

All those subtle little things great pro QBs do are simply not done in college because it isn't necessary.  Teams like Clemson don't need all that.

For example, if he didn't anticipate receivers coming open, it's probably because he didn't need to do that.  College QBs throw to wide open receivers.

So identifying blitzers pre-snap and not looking off or seeing safeties in coverage are not things college QBs have to do?

(03-05-2021, 10:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is Thevor Trevor's brother?

Apologies.  Can't always see my typos.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but Burrow has one great year at LSU--his senior year. And he had Justin Jefferson. Other than Tee Higgins, did Lawrence have better WRs than LSU? Lawrence has been consistent, throughout. Look how badly Clemson fell off when he was missing in the ND game...only to have T-Law crush them in the ACC Championship.

Get Lawrence a great TE and LT, and we will be fine.

(03-05-2021, 11:55 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Maybe I'm wrong about this, but Burrow has one great year at LSU--his senior year.  And he had Justin Jefferson.  Other than Tee Higgins, did Lawrence have better WRs than LSU?  Lawrence has been consistent, throughout. Look how badly Clemson fell off when he was missing in the ND game...only to have T-Law crush them in the ACC Championship.

Get Lawrence a great TE and LT, and we will be fine.

Burrow also had JaMarr Chase.

While TL Had Tee Higgins, who was a heckuva WR, I'm not sure he and Justyn Ross were better as prospects than Justin Jefferson and JaMarr Chase.

TL has done it over the course of three years.  By his last year, teams had two full seasons of tape on him.  They had little to nothing on Burrow in comparison.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-scout/

This guy thinks Lawrence is a bust... thinks Wilson is too... not good for us

(03-08-2021, 05:39 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-scout/

He still ranks him as a first round talent though.  Dude absolutely ripped Wilson though.

Dude must be hard on QBs.

(03-08-2021, 05:39 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/nfl-scout/

Diamond Talbot isn't even a real NFL scout

https://www.oleantimesherald.com/olean/s...95cad.html

(03-08-2021, 05:49 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:

Diamond Talbot isn't even a real NFL scout

https://www.oleantimesherald.com/olean/s...95cad.html

I thought it was Kelly that was the former scout.