Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilson > Lawrence

As a long time Jaguars fan I think we need to look at Wilson because he has an elite skill set. Don’t get me wrong I was completely on the Lawrence bandwagon after we secured #1 but after watching every throw/run of both Lawrence/Wilson/Fields I came away with Wilson being the best prospect and natural thrower of the football. His lightning fast release and accuracy both in and outside of the pocket is elite. Something that bothered me on Lawrence after watching Wilson and Fields first was his release. It’s very long and that gives corners that extra half second to adjust. Fields was far behind both prospects but after watching them I came away with Wilson being the best QB. I’m sure that Meyer will take Lawrence but I’m not sure it’s the right mov. If I’m Meyer I’m taking Wilson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Glad you’re not Meyer.

I love Zach Wilson. But his floor is much lower than Lawrence’s while not having a higher ceiling. Why risk it.

Lawrence may or may not be a generational talent but no way do you take him over Wilson. Unless your goal is to be a laughingstock.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 07:41 PM by Rockin-Jags.)

(03-08-2021, 07:32 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Glad you’re not Meyer.

I love Zach Wilson. But his floor is much lower than Lawrence’s while not having a higher ceiling. Why risk it.

I agree that Wilson’s floor is lower but his ceiling is higher. It’s close though. The quick release and accuracy you can’t teach. It has to come naturally.

Lawrence floor Blain Gabbert 
Lawrence ceiling John Elway

Wilson floor Johnny Manziel 
Wilson ceiling Aaron Rodgers

(03-08-2021, 07:39 PM)UMarleyJag Wrote: Lawrence may or may not be a generational talent but no way do you take him over Wilson. Unless your goal is to be a laughingstock.

That’s the thing... all the “experts” besides Simms has Lawrence at 1. Meyer would need HUGE balls to go against the grain but in my opinion and from what I saw on the tape. Wilson is the guy.

I disagree. I think Lawrence’s floor is solid starting qb. I agree Wilson’s is Manziel. So why gamble?

I thought this was going to refer to Russell Wilson.

(03-08-2021, 07:39 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:39 PM)UMarleyJag Wrote: Lawrence may or may not be a generational talent but no way do you take him over Wilson. Unless your goal is to be a laughingstock.

That’s the thing... all the “experts” besides Simms has Lawrence at 1. Meyer would need HUGE balls to go against the grain but in my opinion and from what I saw on the tape. Wilson is the guy.

Why gamble? There's a 90% chance in my opinion and others that Lawrence will be better. Why roll the dice and probably be wrong?

(03-08-2021, 08:09 PM)MarleyJagLawrence may or may not be a generational talent but no way do you take him over Wilson. Unless your goal is to be a laughingstock. Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:39 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: That’s the thing... all the “experts” besides Simms has Lawrence at 1. Meyer would need HUGE balls to go against the grain but in my opinion and from what I saw on the tape. Wilson is the guy.

Why gamble? There's a 90% chance in my opinion and others that Lawrence will be better. Why roll the dice and probably be wrong?
 (Emphasis added)

As to your statement in bold, I am unsure if you intended it, but it directly contradicts your later statement.

Please clarify.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The things Lawrence does pre snap and his ability to dissect a defense before he throws is what truly separates him from everyone.

His ability to process information is so far ahead of the other guys AND he has all the physical tools.

Wilson looks cool but in terms of QB play, he’s not on par with Lawrence. Wilson may get the highlights but Lawrence gets the win.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 08:43 PM by Tank Commander.)

(03-08-2021, 07:30 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: As a long time Jaguars fan I think we need to look at Wilson because he has an elite skill set. Don’t get me wrong I was completely on the Lawrence bandwagon after we secured #1 but after watching every throw/run of both Lawrence/Wilson/Fields I came away with Wilson being the best prospect and natural thrower of the football. His lightning fast release and accuracy both in and outside of the pocket is elite. Something that bothered me on Lawrence after watching Wilson and Fields first was his release. It’s very long and that gives corners that extra half second to adjust. Fields was far behind both prospects but after watching them I came away with Wilson being the best QB. I’m sure that Meyer will take Lawrence but I’m not sure it’s the right mov. If I’m Meyer I’m taking Wilson.

Kind of like when people were saying Ryan Leaf had the bigger arm and was going to better than Peyton Manning.

Zac Wilson is also a little short for a stormtrooper

Lawrence is a generational talent. He’s the pick.

(03-08-2021, 08:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 08:09 PM)MarleyJagLawrence may or may not be a generational talent but no way do you take him over Wilson. Unless your goal is to be a laughingstock. Wrote: Why gamble? There's a 90% chance in my opinion and others that Lawrence will be better. Why roll the dice and probably be wrong?
 (Emphasis added)

As to your statement in bold, I am unsure if you intended it, but it directly contradicts your later statement.

Please clarify.

Yeah, I did miss an important word in that first statement. I meant to say no way do you *not,* take him over Wilson. He will be a better player in the long term in my estimation. Whether that translates into ,"generational talent" is debatable.

Some Jag Fans are insane. Lawrence has been a generational talent since high school. He is lined up for the Jags to take. Then they talk about taking another guy. Insane!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-08-2021, 10:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Some Jag Fans are insane.  Lawrence has been a generational talent since high school.  He is lined up for the Jags to take.  Then they talk about taking another guy.  Insane!

New York Jets fans agree that Wilson is much better than Trevor Lawrence.

This franchise has twice drafted the “fast rising QB” and both were miserable, so yes let’s make the same mistake a third time.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Wilson I don’t trust. I’ll start there. My next thing is that Trevor Lawrence is a better player and quarterback. That too.

But this pick is so much more than football. He’s a leader on and off the field and that’s invaluable. But he’s also a marketable star for a franchise that has never had much cache. He boosts ticket sales. If he hits, he could do for Jax what Peyton Manning did for Indianapolis. I’m not usually a “go get the guy who will sell tickets.” It just so happens that that guy is also the best player in the draft.

(03-09-2021, 07:36 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Wilson I don’t trust. I’ll start there. My next thing is that Trevor Lawrence is a better player and quarterback. That too.

But this pick is so much more than football. He’s a leader on and off the field and that’s invaluable. But he’s also a marketable star for a franchise that has never had much cache. He boosts ticket sales. If he hits, he could do for Jax what Peyton Manning did for Indianapolis. I’m not usually a “go get the guy who will sell tickets.” It just so happens that that guy is also the best player in the draft.

You don’t see pictures of Wilson on the internet holding a hand gun... just saying... 

Wilson for me is the type of prospect that will translate to the pro game much easier because of his quick release, accuracy and footwork. He is flawless in these 3 really important areas. Trevor is not flawless in these categories he has a long throwing motion, can get happy feet in the pocket and his footwork is just ok. I know he’s been crowned the second coming of John Elway but I just don’t see it on the film. He’s a good player but to say he’s a generational talent is a stretch.

(03-09-2021, 08:06 AM)Rockin-Jags Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 07:36 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Wilson I don’t trust. I’ll start there. My next thing is that Trevor Lawrence is a better player and quarterback. That too.

You don’t see pictures of Wilson on the internet holding a hand gun... just saying... 

Wilson for me is the type of prospect that will translate to the pro game much easier because of his quick release, accuracy and footwork. He is flawless in these 3 really important areas. Trevor is not flawless in these categories he has a long throwing motion, can get happy feet in the pocket and his footwork is just ok. I know he’s been crowned the second coming of John Elway but I just don’t see it on the film. He’s a good player but to say he’s a generational talent is a stretch.
Jared Goff was supposed to be flawless.
Sam Bradford too

Wilson is a one-year wonder against lousy competition. Huge bust potential.

Lawrence has everything you'd want in a QB. And he did it for 3 years against much better competition.