Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

So my wife went out to do some shopping today, so I asked her to pick me up something I might like to snack on.. She ended up buying me this wedge of cheddar cheese. It's smoked bacon and horseradish.. She also got me this nice jar of kalamata olives too.. My god, both are outstanding.. A bit pricey, but so well worth it. Anyone ever try?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When I wake up at 2:40 in the morning from a dream, having to take a leak and asking myself, Where am I?, It must of been a helluva dream......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2021, 08:02 AM by Sneakers.)

(03-11-2021, 04:07 AM)The Drifter Wrote: When I wake up at 2:40 in the morning from a dream, having to take a leak and asking myself, Where am I are my pants? It must of been a helluva dream......

FIFY
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Getting used to new glasses, I'm getting old, needed bifocals this time around...... well.... It was my 1st eye exam in like 15 years and new prescription in 15 years so......
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2021, 07:27 PM by homebiscuit.)

Another Jacksonville fool is going to jail, eventually. Had the idiot just accepted he didn't succeed and ran off, he would have probably gotten a couple of years in the pen. But no, he had to shoot. Now he's looking at least 10 years. 

These dumb [BLEEP] think it's all a game. At least he'll have a prison boyfriend to comfort him.  

Tesla foils carjacker attempt, Navy officer says | Fox Business

(03-11-2021, 07:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Another Jacksonville fool is going to jail, eventually. Had the idiot just accepted he didn't succeed and ran off, he would have probably gotten a couple of years in the pen. But no, he had to shoot. Now he's looking at least 10 years. 

These dumb [BLEEP] think it's all a game. At least he'll have a prison boyfriend to comfort him.  

He has a new Tesla and sitting in the Yorktown apartments (or whatever they’re called now) on 103rd street? Dude is an idiot.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2021, 08:10 PM by Jags.)

Man, work has been CRAZY!!! In a good way, though.  The amount of new clients and the amount of added landscaping jobs from existing ones has gone through the roof.   In the words of the guy that played the dad in “why him”.   I feel like I’m “covered all over in [Bleep].  A bit overwhelming.  Good movie, watch it if you haven’t.

I will be adding another crew.  So, that’s exciting! I get to go Ford shopping again along with all the miscellaneous other equipment involved and trailer and the dreaded,,,help.  That’s the hardest part.  Finding normals wanting to work.  I’ll at least have fun shopping for the rest of the stuff

(03-11-2021, 07:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 07:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Another Jacksonville fool is going to jail, eventually. Had the idiot just accepted he didn't succeed and ran off, he would have probably gotten a couple of years in the pen. But no, he had to shoot. Now he's looking at least 10 years. 

He has a new Tesla and sitting in the Yorktown apartments (or whatever they’re called now) on 103rd street? Dude is an idiot.

I was wondering where that was. The Londontown apartments on Lane is what I originally thought. A friend of my son's who is with JSO says cops only go there in pairs.

(03-11-2021, 08:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 07:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: He has a new Tesla and sitting in the Yorktown apartments (or whatever they’re called now) on 103rd street? Dude is an idiot.

I was wondering where that was. The Londontown apartments on Lane is what I originally thought. A friend of my son's who is with JSO says cops only go there in pairs.

That whole area is Sketchy McSketchersonville now. I graduated from the high school formerly known as Forrest and my mother still lives over off Shindler and I avoid going down 103rd like the plague!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-11-2021, 08:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 08:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was wondering where that was. The Londontown apartments on Lane is what I originally thought. A friend of my son's who is with JSO says cops only go there in pairs.

That whole area is Sketchy McSketchersonville now. I graduated from the high school formerly known as Forrest and my mother still lives over off Shindler and I avoid going down 103rd like the plague!

Living on the Westsiiide, I drive on 103rd several times a week. The only place that puts me on guard is the Walmart parking lot after dark. I avoid it, if possible.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2021, 08:13 PM by Jags.)

Ive received an electronic mail message from my home security system provider today reminding me to change my clocks this upcoming weekend.  Like.. really?  Everything we all own automatically changes it.  With the exception of the oven, microwave and irrigation system.  Pretty sure I would’ve figure that out.  Dinner, could potentially be late though.

(03-11-2021, 07:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: He has a new Tesla and sitting in the Yorktown apartments (or whatever they’re called now) on 103rd street? Dude is an idiot.

That also struck me as a little odd............I wonder if he was "shopping"?

I went to TPC yesterday and now have a mask tan line. It's the new fashion statement.

It was glorious without the large crowds. That made it possible to get on the rope line of almost every tee and green. Not to mention the weather was magnificent.

(03-13-2021, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I went to TPC yesterday and now have a mask tan line.  It's the new fashion statement.

It was glorious without the large crowds. That made it possible to get on the rope line of almost every tee and green. Not to mention the weather was magnificent.

I mowed the lawn.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-13-2021, 12:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I went to TPC yesterday and now have a mask tan line.  It's the new fashion statement.

I never liked the move to May.  March is a much nicer time of year here.

(03-13-2021, 09:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

I never liked the move to May.  March is a much nicer time of year here.

Completely agree. The course was designed to be played in March. Hopefully they never move it again.

I may actually try to get out and play the neighborhood course for the first time, later this afternoon. Looks nice from the culdesac...at least the five holes I can see. You actually have to drive through a tunnel under I820 to get to some of the holes.

(03-14-2021, 01:06 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I may actually try to get out and play the neighborhood course for the first time, later this afternoon.  Looks nice from the culdesac...at least the five holes I can see.  You actually have to drive through a tunnel under I820 to get to some of the holes.

Sounds like a challenging tee shot!

Is it me, or is a long car ride so much more easy and pleasant by yourself?

(03-19-2021, 11:15 AM)Jags Wrote: Is it me, or is a long car ride so much more easy and pleasant by yourself?

I had no trouble making two 16 hour trips to TX myself.  The third with my wife and dogs definitely was more painful.