Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

(03-15-2021, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 08:54 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: The one thing worth noting that isn't mentioned above is that, at least according to what I heard on the radio, it's a one year deal only.  His previous deal ran through next year.  This appears to be a one year stop gap measure and he will very likely be gone after this year.

That is true, which Cann and Norwell will be a FA next year.  I think it's highly likely we take a G in the 3rd or 4th this year.

Regardless of whether we take a G in the 3rd or 4th this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they negotiate an extension for Norwell.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...58210?s=20

I wonder how legit, and who?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I am struggling to understand the logic behind the Norwell restructuring from Norwell's perspective. Why did he agree to this essentially paycut and shortenend deal. Wouldn't he have received a better offer in free agency, had he played hard ball and the Jags had cut him?

Dilla just said that both the Pats and Jags are in on Samuel and Jonnu.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 10:20 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-15-2021, 09:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 08:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That is true, which Cann and Norwell will be a FA next year.  I think it's highly likely we take a G in the 3rd or 4th this year.

Regardless of whether we take a G in the 3rd or 4th this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they negotiate an extension for Norwell.

It depends on how he plays this year

I hope they do

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/3/15/...il-barrett

If we could get Barrett and Tomlinson the front 7 would be massively improved

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 10:43 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-15-2021, 07:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1371...59075?s=19

Norwell was a 15 mil cap hit before the restrucure

Good. I didn't want to lose him. The interior O-Line was finally starting to gel.

(03-15-2021, 09:49 AM)NCJag Wrote: https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...58210?s=20

I wonder how legit, and who?

I hope to God it's Trent Williams. If he's still an UFA at 4 p.m., there is no excuse for us not to outbid everyone else. We have the money to do it and it fills our biggest need with the best player in free agency. If the Niners re-sign him before 4 p.m., there is nothing we could have done. Riley Reiff would be a nice consolation prize though.

It could be. Didn't you hear how he talked about Lawrence? He wouldn't come here for anything else.

We'll find out soon enough.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 11:08 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I really hope we get Malik Hooker the more I think about it. He needs a fresh start and i think he could thrive here

(03-15-2021, 11:04 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: It could be. Didn't you hear how he talked about Lawrence? He wouldn't come here for anything else.

That would be great.  A lot of smoke coming out of the 9ers camp, they seem confident they can KEEP him.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-15-2021, 11:09 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 11:04 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: It could be. Didn't you hear how he talked about Lawrence? He wouldn't come here for anything else.

That would be great.  A lot of smoke coming out of the 9ers camp, they seem confident they can KEEP him.

They better do it by 4 p.m., because I have a feeling his agent is gonna get several big offers from a variety of teams.

Im hoping the team can strike fast, and lure 3-4 PRIZE names at key positions (Tomlinson/Jonnu/Samuel/Hooker) and it rivals the 2017 FA class in impact in year one. (Calais/AJ/Church)

Our new coach be recruiting like he was in college
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-15-2021, 11:31 AM)NCJag Wrote: Im hoping the team can strike fast, and lure 3-4 PRIZE names at key positions (Tomlinson/Jonnu/Samuel/Hooker) and it rivals the 2017 FA class in impact in year one. (Calais/AJ/Church)
That's a pretty great haul.

2 playmakers for Lawrence and 2 D players to help sure up some weak spots. Really like it.

(03-15-2021, 11:16 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 11:09 AM)NCJag Wrote: That would be great.  A lot of smoke coming out of the 9ers camp, they seem confident they can KEEP him.

They better do it by 4 p.m., because I have a feeling his agent is gonna get several big offers from a variety of teams.

All teams are allowed to officially negotiate with agents for free agents today at 12pm ET, so hopefully we'll hear something sooner than 4pm regarding possible signings/agreements - with Williams being at the top of my wishlist!

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2021/3/15/...YmnxyW7S6A

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 11:53 AM by NCJag.)

(03-15-2021, 11:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 11:31 AM)NCJag Wrote: Im hoping the team can strike fast, and lure 3-4 PRIZE names at key positions (Tomlinson/Jonnu/Samuel/Hooker) and it rivals the 2017 FA class in impact in year one. (Calais/AJ/Church)
That's a pretty great haul.

2 playmakers for Lawrence and 2 D players to help sure up some weak spots. Really like it.

If we can get an interior penetrator like Tomlinson, it would really free Allen/Chaisson to do some damage on the outside. Same with Hooker in the back end. It would truly look like a brand new Defense. I don't believe the O-Line is as bad as people say it is. Give me a QB who can read/react as fast as Lawrence, he can make a mediocre line look better than it is. Just look how much better Robinson made the same line look over Fournette?

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/03/predic...gning.html

This is from Friday. They predict Tomlinson signs HERE.

Tampering has begun.

Remember everyone, verify who you are following on twitter. Don't fall for Adnarn Schnufter.

Not sure how to embed tweets, but Barrett is resigning with the Buccs

Source is Josina Anderson

It's been 20 min already and no news!