Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 10:19 PM by Upper.)

I was a bit lower on Hendrickson than most FA rankings had him listed, but I sure as heck would have paid him $15M AAV.

Bengals are also pushing for Hilton. If they get him and we get Jackson that would be the first thing to go our way since Meyer was hired.

(03-15-2021, 05:08 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 04:59 PM)ATLjag Wrote: There are many good players in free agency to upgrade the roster.  It stinks to see certain players being signed, but the deals will generally become better value for the teams as free agency goes on.  Some of the "splash" guys are likely asking for the moon at the moment.  They will become more realistic as the limited free agency pool of money begins to shrink.

Meh, Judon and Johnson III went cheap...and I'm not even a big Judon fan. I think you could easily argue that 8M for the DT and 7M for the returner we signed were the two biggest overpays so far.

Shelby Harris for 3/27. We could have had him for a measly million per year than the overpay for RRH.

100% agree. We signing backups for double their value and starters going cheap.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-15-2021, 10:44 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 05:08 PM)Upper Wrote: Meh, Judon and Johnson III went cheap...and I'm not even a big Judon fan. I think you could easily argue that 8M for the DT and 7M for the returner we signed were the two biggest overpays so far.

Shelby Harris for 3/27. We could have had him for a measly million per year than the overpay for RRH.

100% agree. We signing backups for double their value and starters going cheap.

It continued too. Lawson, Hendrickson, and Yannick all went for cheap. Dupree's $16.5M AAV was the only EDGE that we shouldn't have fallen over ourselves to bid more for.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 10:54 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(03-15-2021, 09:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: To be fair, Jags have done the “big splash on day 1” thing and it didn’t work.

Maybe they’re finally going to get some good bargains instead of overpaying on day 1. The one that hurts the most is Lawson but hey.... still some really good dudes out there.

Carlos Hyde for 3 mil a year is a bargain, a player that converted from CB to WR at 21 mil is a bargain? Nope these are the same types of overpays we have done in the past that end up as terrible FA signings we cut a year or two later.

Wow this thread was even more disappointing than usual. I would rather have nothing than big overpays for backups and players we already cut before.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Vikings got Tomlinson. Our path to a successful FA period is getting smaller and smaller. Just Henry and Samuel would absolutely not be a successful FA to me.

Still have around 30-35 to spend including taking out what we need to spend on the draft.

Go get Henry and Samuel and this is all fine.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 11:03 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

Well Trent Williams is still there? Clots vs. Jags? 4 years 110 mil whopping 60mil guaranteed
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 11:06 PM by Upper.)

(03-15-2021, 10:59 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: Still have around 30-35 to spend including taking out what we need to spend on the draft.

No it's not. If you would have told every person here 24 hours ago to make a list of what they think is a reasonable FA haul every single person would have said much, much more than just Henry and Samuel. There is no spinning this. We have the most cap space in the league, probably the most needs in the league, and a plug and play franchise QB on a rookie contract. We needed to get 4-5 impact players.

(03-15-2021, 11:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 10:59 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: Still have around 30-35 to spend including taking out what we need to spend on the draft.

No it's not. If you would have told every person here 24 hours ago to make a list of what they think is a reasonable FA haul every single person would have said much, much more than just Henry and Samuel. There is no spinning this.

London?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Still a lot of talk regarding Orlando Brown trade. Jags front runners. Still have to pay him if the trade actually goes through. And getting a TE like Henry would be a nice addition too. Getting both players and the ST signings, I'd consider it a nice FA period for this team.

(03-15-2021, 11:48 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Still a lot of talk regarding Orlando Brown trade. Jags front runners. Still have to pay him if the trade actually goes through. And getting a TE like Henry would be a nice addition too. Getting both players and the ST signings, I'd consider it a nice FA period for this team.

Still a lot of talk? Like Tony Khan saying the trade was a load of crap?

(03-15-2021, 07:12 PM)JagFan00 Wrote: Guys we aint throwing money around. The few signed are perfect fits for the jags. Changing everything in yr one isn't financially smart. Good god. TL needs growing time.

Agreed. They are clearly playing the long game here, to be playoff competitive in yr 3.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 12:15 AM by MJonesD_32.)

(03-15-2021, 10:08 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: So I just got off work,  I’m trying to figure out who all is left. Are any of these guys signed or are they still available?

-Carlos Dunlap
-Shaquil Griffin
-Juju
-Hunter Henry
-Kenny Galloday
-Trent Williams

Not super interested in all of those but they were some of the bigger-ish names left from what I could gather.

Otherwise it has been relatively underwhelming so far.
 here ya bud.. im in the same boat as you.

There all available.

(03-15-2021, 11:48 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Still a lot of talk regarding Orlando Brown trade. Jags front runners. Still have to pay him if the trade actually goes through. And getting a TE like Henry would be a nice addition too. Getting both players and the ST signings, I'd consider it a nice FA period for this team.

where's the source? also... any update on Cam signing his tag? could he decline it still?

(03-15-2021, 07:16 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 06:49 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Looks like 2 years 26 million. His temper tantrum looks even more ridiculous.

Rumors were the Jaguars were offering him $19 million per year.  This led him to being insulted and demanding to leave the team.  He must have the dumbest agent advising him.  He's now settling for $13 million.

He fired that agent
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(03-15-2021, 11:58 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 07:12 PM)JagFan00 Wrote: Guys we aint throwing money around. The few signed are perfect fits for the jags. Changing everything in yr one isn't financially smart. Good god. TL needs growing time.

Agreed. They are clearly playing the long game here, to be playoff competitive in yr 3.

If you have THE GUY at QB on a rookie deal, you try to win year 1. You always try to win. I am tired of hearing - 3 year plan. The NFL is built on parity, there is no reason we should not be doing all we can to be competitive right now and give our new shiny rookie QB every weapon possible from day 1. If we have to make him "grow" with subpar talent and hope for year 3 success, we likely have another Gabbert on our hands.

(03-15-2021, 09:09 PM)Upper Wrote: Anyone who is ok with how today turned out is a mark.

...as buster?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(03-16-2021, 03:36 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 11:58 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Agreed. They are clearly playing the long game here, to be playoff competitive in yr 3.

If you have THE GUY at QB on a rookie deal, you try to win year 1. You always try to win. I am tired of hearing - 3 year plan. The NFL is built on parity, there is no reason we should not be doing all we can to be competitive right now and give our new shiny rookie QB every weapon possible from day 1. If we have to make him "grow" with subpar talent and hope for year 3 success, we likely have another Gabbert on our hands.

THIS. I cant believe people are talking about „Jags are smart, playing the long game“. [BLEEP] people we have been playing the long game for a good part of 20 years. In the NFL the window to win is small and if you have a QB on a Rookie deal you do everything to fill the rest of the team up with weapons and no, the KR for 21 Mil is not that star. We had the most cap space coming in and LOADS of positions of need and we spent it on sub par Talent like we always have. There is no way people look at this team and think with these FA signings we got much better. We are pretty much at exactly the same place we were 2 days ago aside from special teams getting a bit better and honestly, it is shocking that people sit here and think these are decent moves. There was absolutely no plan for this team coming into FA, we had a chance to at least fill a few holes in FA and we havent done [BLEEP] except for a half hearted attempt at S wirh Jenkins. We still need to fill every hole we have on DL, CB, S, OL, TE. As it looks like, we wont get a single higher graded FA for ANY of these positions and that is just baffling.

I think the best spin you can put on this so far is that the Jags have decided they are not going to build the team through free agency. They're going to follow what has been the traditional process for the more successful teams- fill holes in free agency, and build long term through the draft. And not waste money on high priced free agents. <I'm not saying I agree with that; I'm just saying if you want to spin it in a positive way, that's what you could say.

I'm with everyone else, I was hoping we would win the Super Bowl this year, but, apparently we are not. Okay, slight exaggeration, but you get the point. I was hoping for the quick turn around, but as of now, probably not. Who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us.

(03-16-2021, 05:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think the best spin you can put on this so far is that the Jags have decided they are not going to build the team through free agency.   They're going to follow what has been the traditional process for the more successful teams- fill holes in free agency, and build long term through the draft.  And not waste money on high priced free agents.  <I'm not saying I agree with that; I'm just saying if you want to spin it in a positive way, that's what you could say.  

I'm with everyone else, I was hoping we would win the Super Bowl this year, but, apparently we are not.  Okay, slight exaggeration, but you get the point.  I was hoping for the quick turn around, but as of now, probably not.  Who knows?  Maybe they'll surprise us.
Or..... They went after a bunch of dudes and those guys chose other teams which is not a good look. 

"Here! Take all this money!"
"Nah. I'm gonna take less to go play for the Jets or Browns"