Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(03-22-2021, 03:53 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 02:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Anyone complaining about how Trump walked down that ramp has obviously never walked on an icy surface at an angle.

Anyone complaining about Biden tripping up a stairway hasn't met old age yet.

Its a disgrace that the office of the President of the United States is no longer respected. You don't have to like the person to respect the position they hold.

Agreed on all counts. My only complaint is if someone is going to disrespect one, they should have the decency to disrespect both.  Tongue

Can't argue with that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let's hope that Joe's America can finally see the end of "active shooter" and "thoughts and prayers"

(03-22-2021, 09:41 PM)captivating Wrote: Let's hope that Joe's America can finally see the end of "active shooter" and "thoughts and prayers"

Guess you don't watch the news...

(03-22-2021, 07:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 06:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Despising politicians is as old as politics.

And you completely missed my point.

Not really, the occupants have made the office unworthy of respect. As always happens eventually with all political offices.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-22-2021, 09:41 PM)captivating Wrote: Let's hope that Joe's America can finally see the end of "active shooter" and "thoughts and prayers"

Do you honestly believe people with murder in their hearts will miraculously stop killing because a mentally declining meat puppet who stumbles up stairs in spectacular fashion is in office?

(03-22-2021, 08:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 02:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Anyone complaining about how Trump walked down that ramp has obviously never walked on an icy surface at an angle.

Anyone complaining about Biden tripping up a stairway hasn't met old age yet.

Its a disgrace that the office of the President of the United States is no longer respected. You don't have to like the person to respect the position they hold.

Politicians were born to be despised, but I agree the office should be respected. This whole concept took a major hit in 2016 as the MSM made it ok to disrespect the office of the POTUS which is spreading into our school system and an entire generation of people. Not helping matters are athletes and sports teams refusing to visit the WH after a championship. This type of behavior sets examples on a huge portion of impressionable youth.

I'm far from a MSN supporter, but I have to place a significant portion of the blame for this shift on Trump himself.  He was, by far, the least "Presidential" figure to ever hold the office and brought much of the disrespect upon himself.  His arrogance and rudeness were a constant embarrassment and he made EVERYTHING political.   

Athletes and sports teams haven't refused to visit the White House, they've refused to meet the individual who was President.  Yes, this sets an undesirable example for the youth, but is it any worse than an unending stream of insulting comments and tweets?  There's plenty of guilt to go around here.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-23-2021, 06:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Do you honestly believe people with murder in their hearts will miraculously stop killing because a mentally declining meat puppet who stumbles up stairs in spectacular fashion is in office?

Joe's gonna take all the mean ol" guns and make us all safe, just like Chicago.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-23-2021, 06:17 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 08:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Politicians were born to be despised, but I agree the office should be respected. This whole concept took a major hit in 2016 as the MSM made it ok to disrespect the office of the POTUS which is spreading into our school system and an entire generation of people. Not helping matters are athletes and sports teams refusing to visit the WH after a championship. This type of behavior sets examples on a huge portion of impressionable youth.

I'm far from a MSN supporter, but I have to place a significant portion of the blame for this shift on Trump himself.  He was, by far, the least "Presidential" figure to ever hold the office and brought much of the disrespect upon himself.  His arrogance and rudeness were a constant embarrassment and he made EVERYTHING political.   

Athletes and sports teams haven't refused to visit the White House, they've refused to meet the individual who was President.  Yes, this sets an undesirable example for the youth, but is it any worse than an unending stream of insulting comments and tweets?  There's plenty of guilt to go around here.

No doubt. I understood his antagonism because he walked into a hostile environment. But he only made matters worse with his reactions and goading. 

I’ve said on here before that Donald Trump’s mouth prevented his re-election and was his biggest liability. He’s definitely a mover and shaker for the Republican party, but I highly doubt he would get the nomination if he decided to run again. I wouldn’t vote for him in the primaries. He’s entirely of the wrong temperament.

(03-23-2021, 06:17 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 08:26 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Politicians were born to be despised, but I agree the office should be respected. This whole concept took a major hit in 2016 as the MSM made it ok to disrespect the office of the POTUS which is spreading into our school system and an entire generation of people. Not helping matters are athletes and sports teams refusing to visit the WH after a championship. This type of behavior sets examples on a huge portion of impressionable youth.

You just pissy because he didn't take no [BLEEP] from people who were used to weak Republicans. When they get back what they've always given they gotta go cry in the streets, just like bullies always do when someone finally stands up to them.

3 Trillion more. T is the new B.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/bide...c-plan-wsj

Fiat Money Inflation in France: How It Came, What It Brought, and How It Ended.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/6949

TL;DR - France went through a period of money printing (Assignats) to create an economic stimulus and keep the nation afloat. As each printing of money further devalued the currency the government turned to printing more to compensate for the inflationary effects. What it brought were the guillotines, how it ended was Napoleon.

FTB:

"And, finally, as to the general development of the theory and practice which all this history records: my subject has been Fiat Money in France; How it came; What it brought; and How it ended.

It came by seeking a remedy for a comparatively small evil in an evil infinitely more dangerous. To cure a disease temporary in its character, a corrosive poison was administered, which ate out the vitals of French prosperity.

It progressed according to a law in social physics which we may call the "law of accelerating issue and depreciation." It was comparatively easy to refrain from the first issue; it was exceedingly difficult to refrain from the second; to refrain from the third and those following was practically impossible.

It brought, as we have seen, commerce and manufactures, the mercantile interest, the agricultural interest, to ruin. It brought on these the same destruction which would come to a Hollander opening the dykes of the sea to irrigate his garden in a dry summer.

It ended in the complete financial, moral and political prostration of France-a prostration from which only a Napoleon could raise it."

(03-23-2021, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Fiat Money Inflation in France: How It Came, What It Brought, and How It Ended.

TL;DR - France went through a period of money printing (Assignats) to create an economic stimulus and keep the nation afloat. As each printing of money further devalued the currency the government turned to printing more to compensate for the inflationary effects. What it brought were the guillotines, how it ended was Napoleon.

FTB:

"And, finally, as to the general development of the theory and practice which all this history records: my subject has been Fiat Money in France; How it came; What it brought; and How it ended.

It came by seeking a remedy for a comparatively small evil in an evil infinitely more dangerous. To cure a disease temporary in its character, a corrosive poison was administered, which ate out the vitals of French prosperity.

It progressed according to a law in social physics which we may call the "law of accelerating issue and depreciation." It was comparatively easy to refrain from the first issue; it was exceedingly difficult to refrain from the second; to refrain from the third and those following was practically impossible.

It brought, as we have seen, commerce and manufactures, the mercantile interest, the agricultural interest, to ruin. It brought on these the same destruction which would come to a Hollander opening the dykes of the sea to irrigate his garden in a dry summer.

It ended in the complete financial, moral and political prostration of France-a prostration from which only a Napoleon could raise it."

We've had a fiat currency for nearly 50 years, as have many of our peers and competitors in the marketplace.

We are obviously operating under different rules than revolutionary France.

A lot of ink gets spilled over currency problems with the Weimar Republic's fiat currency.  Which were very real.  The Nazis stabilized Germany's currency, but it was a fiat currency before and after.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-23-2021, 02:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 10:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Fiat Money Inflation in France: How It Came, What It Brought, and How It Ended.

FTB:

We've had a fiat currency for nearly 50 years, as have many of our peers and competitors in the marketplace.

A lot of ink gets spilled over currency problems with the Weimar Republic's fiat currency.  Which were very real.  The Nazis stabilized Germany's currency, but it was a fiat currency before and after.

Oh good, Napoleon or Hitler, take your choice. One way or another the American Experiment is in similarly sharp decline to Despotism.

What's going on with these mass shootings? The average mass shootings per presidential term was 4 for every President since Reagan, with the exception of Barry O, who somehow managed to rack up 12 per term (24 total during his 8 years). Biden has been in offices for 4 month and he's already got 2.

(03-23-2021, 03:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What's going on with these mass shootings? The average mass shootings per presidential term was 4 for every President since Reagan, with the exception of  Barry O, who somehow managed to rack up 12 per term (24 total during his 8 years). Biden has been in offices for 4 month and he's already got 2.

It’s all Trumps fault...duh!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 03:37 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

The Geriatric Clown Joel Biden is considering an EO on gun control. Does this guy know how to govern any other way?

What should be noted is Biden has been President for two months and jihadi terrorism in the US already fires back up.

Right on cue the Biden Harris regime is calling for a ban on non-existent "assault weapons".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-23-2021, 03:00 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What's going on with these mass shootings? The average mass shootings per presidential term was 4 for every President since Reagan, with the exception of  Barry O, who somehow managed to rack up 12 per term (24 total during his 8 years). Biden has been in offices for 4 month and he's already got 2.

What's your definition of mass shooting?

(03-23-2021, 02:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 02:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: We've had a fiat currency for nearly 50 years, as have many of our peers and competitors in the marketplace.

Oh good, Napoleon or Hitler, take your choice. One way or another the American Experiment is in similarly sharp decline to Despotism.

Again, don't let the amount of ink spilled over those two men bias you.  There are many more examples of fiat currency out there now, and most of them are really very boring.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.