Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

When I used to drive truck, I had a dedicated route that took me from Jax, to Orlando then from Orlando to Tallahassee and then to The Gulf Shores of Alabama. I used to make maybe 2-3 trips a week.. Once in a while, my wife would go with me because she liked being on the road.. I loved having her with me, but it made the trip kinda unbearable. We'd have to stop constantly and she would side seat drive..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I much prefer to drive alone. That’s why I have never ridden my motorcycle along with other riders. I’ve been invited lots of times to join a ride. No thanks. There’s nothing I want to do less.

Sometimes when I come home from my farm (Melrose, Fl) to my home by myself I take the back roads which are dirt and through the woods.  It's the most relaxing drive that I take.  The funny thing is that I shave off about 10 miles and it takes around the same amount of time.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I much prefer to drive long distance by myself. My solo drive back in 2004 from NC to CA and back to NC two months later was awesome. It could be exhausting on days where all you saw was desert (not a fan) but I loved the trip. In town I prefer my husband to drive. I hate town/city traffic.

(03-19-2021, 08:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I much prefer to drive long distance by myself. My solo drive back in 2004 from NC to CA and back to NC two months later was awesome. It could be exhausting on days where all you saw was desert (not a fan) but I loved the trip. In town I prefer my husband to drive. I hate town/city traffic.

SLC - Vegas - LA?

(03-20-2021, 02:25 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 08:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I much prefer to drive long distance by myself. My solo drive back in 2004 from NC to CA and back to NC two months later was awesome. It could be exhausting on days where all you saw was desert (not a fan) but I loved the trip. In town I prefer my husband to drive. I hate town/city traffic.

SLC - Vegas - LA?

Its been a minute since that trip but I know I took 40-W going out from NC and started going south somewhere in Arizona, then west again on 10 into CA. My destination was Imperial Beach which is just across the bridge from San Diego. My drive back was mostly boring. I took I-10E all the way back to Jacksonville then 95N to NC.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 06:17 PM by Jags.)

Idk how you and your spouses are.  Mine generally doesn’t mind if I spend money.  There are still many times I get “the look” or asked “do you really need that?”  In the end, I usually get what I want.  After 13 years of marriage and almost 2 decades of being together, I finally wised up.  I’ve been wanting a Colt M4 for a while.  My dad and brother both have one.  I love them, dad and bro too, but I’m talking about the rifle. I’m 99% sure I’ll eventually inherit dads.  But I want one now.  So after sifting through a midway USA ad, I nonchalantly tell my wife, “I think I’m going to build an AR.”   I got the “why do you need that?”  I omitted my first thought  of “to stop these questions” Smile.  I told her it would be nice to have on hand...fun at the range, SHTF, home protection and a nice “you’ve earned it” gift to myself.  She says “if that’s what you wanna do.”   Well that was easy!   I was going to start off on the build, then say, “okay, fine.  Ill just buy one for $x.xx

She’s a keeper!  Sounds like I’m doing both!  She’s cooler than I thought she was!!

(03-24-2021, 06:15 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk how you and your spouses are.  Mine generally doesn’t mind if I spend money.  There are still many times I get “the look” or asked “do you really need that?”  In the end, I usually get what I want.  After 13 years of marriage and almost 2 decades of being together, I finally wised up.  I’ve been wanting a Colt M4 for a while.  My dad and brother both have one.  I love them, dad and bro too, but I’m talking about the rifle. I’m 99% sure I’ll eventually inherit dads.  But I want one now.  So after sifting through a midway USA ad, I nonchalantly tell my wife, “I think I’m going to build an AR.”   I got the “why do you need that?”  I omitted my first thought  of “to stop these questions” Smile.  I told her it would be nice to have on hand...fun at the range, SHTF, home protection and a nice “you’ve earned it” gift to myself.  She says “if that’s what you wanna do.”   Well that was easy!   I was going to start off on the build, then say, “okay, fine.  Ill just buy one for $x.xx

She’s a keeper!  Sounds like I’m doing both!  She’s cooler than I thought she was!!

I bought another AR-15 a while back.  It was a good deal, inexpensive (relative to AR-15's) and something that I figured that I could pass on to my grandson.  It has since become one of my favorite "plinking" guns.  We have slowed down on shooting as much as we normally do because of ammo prices and availability, but I still run a few rounds through it almost every weekend.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new "carry gun" for my wife.  The Smith & Wesson EZ 380 is a nice piece... so nice that I might buy another one for myself.  It's small, light weight and shoots really well.

Only a few short weeks left until I can sit on my back porch and pop off a few rounds if I feel like it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

As I'm riding my motorcycle earlier today I was thinking about getting a new helmet because the current one is about seven years old. What's the first pop up ad I see on this message board?

It's creeping me out, man.

(03-24-2021, 06:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 06:15 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk how you and your spouses are.  Mine generally doesn’t mind if I spend money.  There are still many times I get “the look” or asked “do you really need that?”  In the end, I usually get what I want.  After 13 years of marriage and almost 2 decades of being together, I finally wised up.  I’ve been wanting a Colt M4 for a while.  My dad and brother both have one.  I love them, dad and bro too, but I’m talking about the rifle. I’m 99% sure I’ll eventually inherit dads.  But I want one now.  So after sifting through a midway USA ad, I nonchalantly tell my wife, “I think I’m going to build an AR.”   I got the “why do you need that?”  I omitted my first thought  of “to stop these questions” Smile.  I told her it would be nice to have on hand...fun at the range, SHTF, home protection and a nice “you’ve earned it” gift to myself.  She says “if that’s what you wanna do.”   Well that was easy!   I was going to start off on the build, then say, “okay, fine.  Ill just buy one for $x.xx

I bought another AR-15 a while back.  It was a good deal, inexpensive (relative to AR-15's) and something that I figured that I could pass on to my grandson.  It has since become one of my favorite "plinking" guns.  We have slowed down on shooting as much as we normally do because of ammo prices and availability, but I still run a few rounds through it almost every weekend.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new "carry gun" for my wife.  The Smith & Wesson EZ 380 is a nice piece... so nice that I might buy another one for myself.  It's small, light weight and shoots really well.

Only a few short weeks left until I can sit on my back porch and pop off a few rounds if I feel like it.
Yes, the ammo prices are absurd.  Even for the guys doing their own  reloading, prices though the roof.  Since I don’t currently own one, it is what is is I suppose.  I’ll have to deal with it. 

Sounds like you’re pretty close to making the property home.   Congrats on that!!   I’m sure it was a lot of hard work on the property, as well as the years getting into a position to acquire it in the first place.  I’m envious and hopefully on your heels.  We’ll make it happen eventually.  Just haven’t found the right piece of land yet. And those prices have gone up tremendously as well. Sad

(03-24-2021, 07:15 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 06:43 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I bought another AR-15 a while back.  It was a good deal, inexpensive (relative to AR-15's) and something that I figured that I could pass on to my grandson.  It has since become one of my favorite "plinking" guns.  We have slowed down on shooting as much as we normally do because of ammo prices and availability, but I still run a few rounds through it almost every weekend.

Yes, the ammo prices are absurd.  Even for the guys doing their own  reloading, prices though the roof.  Since I don’t currently own one, it is what is is I suppose.  I’ll have to deal with it. 

Sounds like you’re pretty close to making the property home.   Congrats on that!!   I’m sure it was a lot of hard work on the property, as well as the years getting into a position to acquire it in the first place.  I’m envious and hopefully on your heels.  We’ll make it happen eventually.  Just haven’t found the right piece of land yet. And those prices have gone up tremendously as well. Sad

Haha opposites attract I suppose.

While in Walgreen's today I saw they were selling two tennis balls in a package labeled 'Walker Glide Covers' for the low, low price of $12.00.

(03-25-2021, 11:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: While in Walgreen's today I saw they were selling two tennis balls in a package labeled 'Walker Glide Covers' for the low, low price of $12.00.

Yeah, but the holes are precut!

Do yours need to be replaced?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-25-2021, 12:15 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 11:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: While in Walgreen's today I saw they were selling two tennis balls in a package labeled 'Walker Glide Covers' for the low, low price of $12.00.

Yeah, but the holes are precut!

Do yours need to be replaced?

I’m a Hurrycane man.

I forgot how good Funyuns were..

(03-25-2021, 05:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I forgot how good Funyuns were..

Not as good as Buccee's Nuggees.   Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-25-2021, 05:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Not as good as Buccee's Nuggees.   Smile

No.. not even in the same ballpark.. I can't live on funyuns like I can nuggees..

My best friends uncle created Funyans for Frito-Lay’s.  Banana
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-25-2021, 07:28 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

My best friends uncle created Funyans for Frito-Lay’s.  Banana

Very cool.. now what would be much cooler is if you had da hook up  Banana Ninja Banana