Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-04-2021, 08:44 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 08:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 1. No vaccine is 100% effective, this one is around 85% effective so many people who get shot will still not get the benefit.
1a. Fully half the population will refuse to get it at all. 
2. We do not have enough vaccine or time for everyone to have received it yet. 
3. Many people are unable to get the vaccine at all because of prior history or known allergies.
4. We do not yet know if those who have been vaccinated can still acquire the virus, be asymptomatic, and transmit it, so even if you don't get sick you might still make other people ill.
5. We do not yet know how long the immunity will last.
6. We are seeing "breakthrough cases" where people test positive after vaccination and that might be due to a manufacturing error.

In short, a lot of people are still at risk while many who think they are safe actually aren't. The best way to combat this is for everyone to continue with Standard Precautions until the case numbers drop.

You are making my case for me.  Have you watched the video Bunny posted?

I've yet to see you make a point about this, merely question the current guidance. I explained to you in a few points what the reasoning is, I don't know what you're contesting. I watched a minute, haven't had a chance to take in the guy's lecture, i had to bolt before the intro was done.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-04-2021, 09:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 08:44 PM)copycat Wrote: You are making my case for me.  Have you watched the video Bunny posted?

I've yet to see you make a point about this, merely question the current guidance. I explained to you in a few points what the reasoning is, I don't know what you're contesting. I watched a minute, haven't had a chance to take in the guy's lecture, i had to bolt before the intro was done.

After you watch it get back to me.  This Dr. addresses my questions and concerns.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-04-2021, 07:28 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 02:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They should be, until we have a sizable number of vaccinated people they are still a threat to spread the virus to unvaccinated people. This is basic epidemiology.

Stop right there.  Explain to me how a person that has has the virus needs the vaccine.  If you have had the virus your immune system has already done the job of a vaccine and you have natural immunity.  Also riddle me this, why if I have had the vaccine do I need to continue wearing a mask?

The reason you would want to get the vaccine even if you got COVID naturally is that it is thought that the vaccine might confer longer lasting immunity. No one is sure if that is true, but many people do not develop IgG immunoglobulin when they get COVID and based on prior knowledge of coronavirus the thought is natural immunity would only last about 18 months (hence why you get a cold over and over). Contrary to what you see online, natural immunity is not always better. 

The mask with vaccinated thing is because, depending on which vaccine you get, there is about a 5-15% chance you can still catch coronavirus. It will likely be a much milder case if you do catch it, but you could still potentially spread it. That said CDC has already changed guidance for vaccinated individuals when they are with other vaccinated people that they do not need to wear a mask. So in a way I agree, if you get the vaccine you likely don’t need a mask especially for a highly effective one like Pfizer. You are much less likely to catch severe COVID and I don’t know of anyone who was vaccinated and died of a COVID pnuemonia (people have died after being vaccinated but not from COVID.)

So that brings up the question, when does all this stop? The vaccine passports masks social distancing etc? Well, idk, cause the goalpost are getting moved. Now there is a push to get kids vaccinated despite children under 12 and especially under 4 being the least likely to get and transmit COVID. Personally I think the restrictions will end when people become massively non compliant. I agree that the government will likely not step down on any national level in the US. Quite frankly I believe these politicians believe that the more power they have the better. That doesn’t mean that most adults shouldn’t get vaccinated. If your a long haul COVID patient or one of the poor people who died, you would wish you took the vaccine. So that is a thing, but I personally am very tired of the restrictions. I have had the vaccination and I still don’t want or agree with vaccine passports etc.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Being a Florida resident, other than wearing a mask, I don’t feel restricted much. Things are a little goofy with the wait outside for restaurant seats, and such, but by and large we’ve been very fortunate. It’s the people who have to deal with the needless strict lockdowns in some states that I have sympathy for.

(04-05-2021, 06:41 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 07:28 PM)copycat Wrote: Stop right there.  Explain to me how a person that has has the virus needs the vaccine.  If you have had the virus your immune system has already done the job of a vaccine and you have natural immunity.  Also riddle me this, why if I have had the vaccine do I need to continue wearing a mask?

The reason you would want to get the vaccine even if you got COVID naturally is that it is thought that the vaccine might confer longer lasting immunity. No one is sure if that is true, but many people do not develop IgG immunoglobulin when they get COVID and based on prior knowledge of coronavirus the thought is natural immunity would only last about 18 months (hence why you get a cold over and over). Contrary to what you see online, natural immunity is not always better. 

The mask with vaccinated thing is because, depending on which vaccine you get, there is about a 5-15% chance you can still catch coronavirus. It will likely be a much milder case if you do catch it, but you could still potentially spread it. That said CDC has already changed guidance for vaccinated individuals when they are with other vaccinated people that they do not need to wear a mask. So in a way I agree, if you get the vaccine you likely don’t need a mask especially for a highly effective one like Pfizer. You are much less likely to catch severe COVID and I don’t know of anyone who was vaccinated and died of a COVID pnuemonia (people have died after being vaccinated but not from COVID.)

So that brings up the question, when does all this stop? The vaccine passports masks social distancing etc? Well, idk, cause the goalpost are getting moved. Now there is a push to get kids vaccinated despite children under 12 and especially under 4 being the least likely to get and transmit COVID. Personally I think the restrictions will end when people become massively non compliant. I agree that the government will likely not step down on any national level in the US. Quite frankly I believe these politicians believe that the more power they have the better. That doesn’t mean that most adults shouldn’t get vaccinated. If your a long haul COVID patient or one of the poor people who died, you would wish you took the vaccine. So that is a thing, but I personally am very tired of the restrictions. I have had the vaccination and I still don’t want or agree with vaccine passports etc.

Natural immunity is often better than vaccinated immunity. Not always, but often. We don't know which is which in this case, so it seems odd that we are erring on the side of human error and doing a universal roll out. Follow the money, man. Science has taken a back seat to profit, and our policies are being influenced by those who stand to gain the most. The rational play is vaccinate the at-risk and study the disease and the vaccination further. I don't think there is anything sinister going on outside of typical greed, but it's enough for me to want to put the brakes on.

(04-04-2021, 07:28 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 02:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They should be, until we have a sizable number of vaccinated people they are still a threat to spread the virus to unvaccinated people. This is basic epidemiology.

Stop right there.  Explain to me how a person that has has the virus needs the vaccine.  If you have had the virus your immune system has already done the job of a vaccine and you have natural immunity.  Also riddle me this, why if I have had the vaccine do I need to continue wearing a mask?

I believe if you have antibodies from getting it and having recovered they advise you to wait to get the vaccine until you no longer have the natural antibodies.

As to the second part of your question, it is if you are around/in close quarters with unvaccinated people as they aren't yet clear on if vaccinated people can still spread the virus to unvaccinated people.

(04-05-2021, 11:11 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 07:28 PM)copycat Wrote: Stop right there.  Explain to me how a person that has has the virus needs the vaccine.  If you have had the virus your immune system has already done the job of a vaccine and you have natural immunity.  Also riddle me this, why if I have had the vaccine do I need to continue wearing a mask?

I believe if you have antibodies from getting it and having recovered they advise you to wait to get the vaccine until you no longer have the natural antibodies.

As to the second part of your question, it is if you are around/in close quarters with unvaccinated people as they aren't yet clear on if vaccinated people can still spread the virus to unvaccinated people.

No, the CDC guidance is that even those with a previous case of Covid should get the shot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-05-2021, 11:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 11:11 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I believe if you have antibodies from getting it and having recovered they advise you to wait to get the vaccine until you no longer have the natural antibodies.

No, the CDC guidance is that even those with a previous case of Covid should get the shot.

Interesting, when I filled out the little questionnaire to make my appointment it made it sound as if you had any symptoms or recently had it they advised you to wait.  So, I figured it was get the shot but after a certain period of time.  Either way, doesn't affect me.

[BLEEP] Biden
[BLEEP] Harris
[BLEEP] the media
[BLEEP] the CDC
[BLEEP] covid
[BLEEP] Fauci
& [BLEEP] the shot..

Banana Banana Banana
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-05-2021, 11:21 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 11:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, the CDC guidance is that even those with a previous case of Covid should get the shot.

Interesting, when I filled out the little questionnaire to make my appointment it made it sound as if you had any symptoms or recently had it they advised you to wait.  So, I figured it was get the shot but after a certain period of time.  Either way, doesn't affect me.

I believe that is/was a result of the limited supply. Now that we are moving into a general distribution I think everyone is getting the recommendation to get it regardless of prior history.

Anyone see the leftist hit piece on DeSantis on 60 minutes last night? They are scared to death of him in 2024.

(04-05-2021, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone see the leftist hit piece on DeSantis on 60 minutes last night? They are scared to death of him in 2024.

I stopped watching 60 Minutes years ago because of their obvious slant. 

https://news.yahoo.com/60-minutes-dishon...31883.html

(04-05-2021, 01:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 12:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone see the leftist hit piece on DeSantis on 60 minutes last night? They are scared to death of him in 2024.

I stopped watching 60 Minutes years ago because of their obvious slant. 

https://news.yahoo.com/60-minutes-dishon...31883.html

I am old enough to remember when 60 minutes was a reputable source of news. 

Trump was right very early on when he said the MSM was the enemy of the people.

60 mins should be sued for that hit piece. The Palm Beach County mayor, a democrat wrote a response letter to the report.

[Image: C3156-B68-FA9-C-4543-9-E4-F-BCED7995-DBAB.jpg]
[url=https://imgbb.com/][/url]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

The CBS piece that aired is exactly the FAKE NEWS that President Trump was talking about.  Of course, the rest of the liberal lemmings (aka "news" outlets) picked up the FALSE story and ran with it citing "60 Minutes" as the "source".

The liberal "MSM 'news' outlets" can't handle the fact that our Governor handled the pandemic, vaccine roll-out and keeping our state open for business in the best way.

It will be quite interesting to see how our resident liberals defend CBS.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-05-2021, 04:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The CBS piece that aired is exactly the FAKE NEWS that President Trump was talking about.  Of course, the rest of the liberal lemmings (aka "news" outlets) picked up the FALSE story and ran with it citing "60 Minutes" as the "source".

The liberal "MSM 'news' outlets" can't handle the fact that our Governor handled the pandemic, vaccine roll-out and keeping our state open for business in the best way.

It will be quite interesting to see how our resident liberals defend CBS.

Did your mom teach you the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf?
Remember how there really was a wolf one time, but no one cared?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Except that this is happening all the time. It might not always be this explicit, but it manifests itself consistently in the fake narrative. The real threat to the boy that cried wolf is that suffering that was passed onto the villagers. Using your analogy, it doesn't matter if it's actually a wolf. There is a danger present, and the villagers have been trained to ignore it. You're the villager, Mikey.

Received my first dose of Moderna around 8:30 this morning. No side effects (yet).

(04-06-2021, 09:43 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Received my first dose of Moderna around 8:30 this morning.  No side effects (yet).

Be sure and post how the second dose goes. We both got our second dose of the Pfizer a couple days ago. Sore arm for about 24 hours or so, that's it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-06-2021, 09:46 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 09:43 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Received my first dose of Moderna around 8:30 this morning.  No side effects (yet).

Be sure and post how the second dose goes. We both got our second dose of the Pfizer a couple days ago. Sore arm for about 24 hours or so, that's it.

I hope mine is the same.  My parents both got Moderna and had no side effects other than the sore arm, so I am hoping for the same, but we shall see in 4 weeks.