Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 12:36 AM by The Drifter.)

The 38 Special show at the Clay County Fair was AWESOME! They were on stage for almost 2 hours. Had great seats too.
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When did NCAA Final Four games start having pre-game shows and why is Miley Cyrus allowed to butcher Queen songs?

(04-03-2021, 07:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When did NCAA Final Four games start having pre-game shows and why is Miley Cyrus allowed to butcher Queen songs?

To be fair.. she’s been butchering everything she’s sung. .  Sadly, “achy breaks heart” or whatever it’s called, is the best thing that’s came out of that family. The rest (god bless R lee Ermery’s soul) is running down the side of her moms....

(04-03-2021, 07:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: When did NCAA Final Four games start having pre-game shows and why is Miley Cyrus allowed to butcher Queen songs?

When the TV networks realized, " Hey, the longer we can draw this broadcast out, the more commercials we can fit in." 

New rule for performers - They can only play original music.  If they don't have their own hits, find someone else.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

She actually did pretty well with the Blondie cover.

Miley Cyrus is very gifted. It’s her flailing attempts to find some sort of persona that bothers me. Remember the tongue out-stage? Does she still do that?

Aaron Rodgers is hosting Jeopardy.

(04-05-2021, 07:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Aaron Rodgers is hosting Jeopardy.

How’d he do?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-05-2021, 09:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 07:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Aaron Rodgers is hosting Jeopardy.

How’d he do?

Okay. A little wooden. He pulled off the host duties pretty well. He’ll be doing it for the next two weeks.

(04-05-2021, 09:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 09:15 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How’d he do?

Okay. A little wooden. He pulled off the host duties pretty well. He’ll be doing it for the next two weeks.

I’ve got my dvr set up to record.  Always loved the show.  Always liked Rodgers.

RIP Prince Philip.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/royal-fam...r-BB1ftis4

(04-09-2021, 07:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: RIP Prince Philip.

An interesting man.  He played his part well.

(04-09-2021, 08:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 07:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: RIP Prince Philip.

An interesting man.  He played his part well.

He seemed a dapper, amiable fellow. 

What a lifetime gig, though. His main duty was to smash the queen and help raise the kids with a full staff at hand. When age precluded that, be dignified and supportive of the crown. I'm being genially satirical, of course, but he had a good life.

(04-09-2021, 09:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 08:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: An interesting man.  He played his part well.

What a lifetime gig, though. His main duty was to smash the queen and help raise the kids with a full staff at hand. When age precluded that, be dignified and supportive of the crown. I'm being genially satirical, of course, but he had a good life.

If you follow royal gossip, or have watched any of The Crown you’d know that behind the scenes he wasn’t so amiable. Heck, in some circles it’s thought that he is the one responsible for taking out Princess Diana.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-09-2021, 09:22 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 09:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He seemed a dapper, amiable fellow. 

If you follow royal gossip, or have watched any of The Crown you’d know that behind the scenes he wasn’t so amiable. Heck, in some circles it’s thought that he is the one responsible for taking out Princess Diana.

Woah, I've never heard that. However, I know very little of the royals except what's in the headlines. 

Philip, you scoundrel, you.

If anyone is receiving much needed rain, the credit goes to me. I washed my truck earlier today.

(04-09-2021, 09:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 08:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: An interesting man.  He played his part well.

He had a good life but he was never able to live the life he wanted. Freedom to go on adventures and see the world. Not so easy to do when you're confined to royal protocol.

Makes me think i'd be a good king.. I can't stand leaving my house anymore.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(04-12-2021, 06:33 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Makes me think i'd be a good king.. I can't stand leaving my house anymore.

Chauffeured limos, private jets and a large staff catering to your every whim tend to make travel somewhat less arduous.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

My new laptop got here today. Do my posts looker clearer?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-12-2021, 05:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote: My new laptop got here today.  Do my posts looker clearer?

I wouldn’t say “clearer” but they’re definitely being posted faster than normal from when you hit “post reply”.  Nice work, my man!