Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So where do we go in the first round/draft plan?

(04-05-2021, 12:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 12:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: They’re bringing in Deshaun Watson’s massage therapist.

Well, which one?!?

If he had 39 of them, he couldn't have been too happy with many of them...unless there is something to be said for massage variety.

Said to had over 50

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 06:38 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-05-2021, 04:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 12:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Well, which one?!?

If he had 39 of them, he couldn't have been too happy with many of them...unless there is something to be said for massage variety.

Said to had over 50

Decisions decisions.

(04-05-2021, 03:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 01:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I agree with your first rationale here, but not as much with your second.

Every position has guys that are found in later rounds.  But it doesn't mean you shouldn't take a guy in the first if you find him to be a superior player.  Centers often fall in to the mid rounds, but that didn't stop the Steelers from drafting Pouncey in the first, and it paid off handsomely for them.  Same with Cleveland with Alex Mack.

Travis Frederick

Yep.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-05-2021, 12:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 11:33 AM)JagFanFirst Wrote: If the goal is to make Trevor feel as comfortable as possible right away - why not bring in his teammate Travis Etienne?  This is assuming we don't take a LT or TE.  I don't think the value is there at 25.  Better to take a TE or LT with our 2nd round pick.

They’re bringing in Deshaun Watson’s massage therapist.

Word is they would help Lawrence Stretch and Relax.  Make him a happy man!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Do we have any idea if they will lean heavily gap or zone blocking this year?

Pete Prisco's latest mock has us taking Travis Etienne at pick # 25.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 02:06 PM by JagFanFirst.)

(04-06-2021, 11:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Pete Prisco's latest mock has us taking Travis Etienne at pick # 25.

I always liked Prisco.

Quick question. If a quality LT like Teven Jenkins is available, do we use the 25th pick on him? By franchising Cam Robinson, are we signaling that he is our future LT? What if Jenkins outplays Robinson, and our franchise-tagged player winds up sitting on the bench?

(04-06-2021, 11:40 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Pete Prisco's latest mock has us taking Travis Etienne at pick # 25.

I could see that happening.

(04-06-2021, 02:03 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:

I always liked Prisco.

Quick question.   If a quality LT like Teven Jenkins is available, do we use the 25th pick on him?  By franchising Cam Robinson, are we signaling that he is our future LT?  What if Jenkins outplays Robinson, and our franchise-tagged player winds up sitting on the bench?
Then that’s great! We have a high caliber LT on a rookie deal for about 4 years.

If Jenkins is available at 25, he should be the pick. Then Rondale/Elijah Moore at 33 and Moehrig at 45.

Game. Blouses.

I always liked Prisco.

Quick question.   If a quality LT like Teven Jenkins is available, do we use the 25th pick on him?  By franchising Cam Robinson, are we signaling that he is our future LT?  What if Jenkins outplays Robinson, and our franchise-tagged player winds up sitting on the bench?

Teven Jenkins is more of a RT or even G than LT.

But would I spend the 25 on Jenkins or a LT like Cosmi?  Yes...barring some unusual drop of a player.

Meyer has yet to make a good personnel decision since being hired so I could absolutely see him being dumb enough to draft Etienne at 25.

(04-06-2021, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Meyer has yet to make a good personnel decision since being hired so I could absolutely see him being dumb enough to draft Etienne at 25.

I think he's doing pretty well.

(04-06-2021, 03:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Meyer has yet to make a good personnel decision since being hired so I could absolutely see him being dumb enough to draft Etienne at 25.

Marvin Jones and S. Griffin were good signings, and the Malcolm Brown trade was a good one.

(04-06-2021, 03:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Marvin Jones and S. Griffin were good signings, and the Malcolm Brown trade was a good one.

You're right, I was being a little hyperbolic. Marvin Jones and the Brown trade were good and so was bringing back Sydney Jones. I think Griffin and the rest of FA were not, and keeping Warhop and franchising Cam were abysmal.

(04-06-2021, 03:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 03:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Marvin Jones and S. Griffin were good signings, and the Malcolm Brown trade was a good one.

You're right, I was being a little hyperbolic. Marvin Jones and the Brown trade were good and so was bringing back Sydney Jones. I think Griffin and the rest of FA were not, and keeping Warhop and franchising Cam were abysmal.

To be clear, I wish we could have gotten more out of free agency.  It was not perfect by any stretch.  From that perspective, I think I am with you.

But to say UM had no good acquisitions yet is going a bit too far.

But the real test will be this draft.  Taking TL is a no brainer.  But what happens after that is the key from my perspective.

I hope they address the OL.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(04-06-2021, 03:47 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 03:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Marvin Jones and S. Griffin were good signings, and the Malcolm Brown trade was a good one.

Not sure how I feel about the decision to franchise Cam.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021, 11:21 PM by Black and Teal.)

I’ll be honest, I’d love it if the most of the draft was centered around Trevor Lawrence.. OT, WR, OG, TE. Get him READY! But of course, collecting the best talent is probably the smart decision. But I wouldn’t hate it if the BAP just so happen to always be an offensive player lol.

I hope we trade #25. Either up for a better player or trade it all together for a starter elsewhere. I feel mid 20 draft picks tend to be flops most of the time. Was going back over first rounds with my friend the other day and noticed so many names in the mid 20s who ended up being nobodies or backups. For us, taven bryan is exactly the type im talking about.

(04-06-2021, 11:53 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I hope we trade #25. Either up for a better player or trade it all together for a starter elsewhere. I feel mid 20 draft picks tend to be flops most of the time. Was going back over first rounds with my friend the other day and noticed so many names in the mid 20s who ended up being nobodies or backups. For us, taven bryan is exactly the type im talking about.

A mid to late 20s pick can also land you a Tredavious White, a Brandon Aiyuk, Aaron Rodgers, Josh Jacobs, Montez Sweat and Marquise Brown, Hayden Hurst or Calvin Ridley, Dan Marino, Darrell Green, DeAndre Hopkins.

It's not the pick/pick range at that point in the draft.  If you scout well, arrange your board properly and pick well, there's no reason you can't find quality talent in that portion of the draft.

That said, I'm not necessarily opposed to trading up or down from 25.

I always liked Prisco.

With regard to the question, I absolutely use 25 on him. He starts day 1 at RT, and Taylor is left to battle Cann for the RG position. Cam starts at LT this year, and should he get hurt, we can wither reshuffle the line with Jenkins at LT, or leave him in place and see what one of the backups do at LT.

If Jenkins eventually transitions to LT, great, but if not we've already fixed half the problem on the line and can either look to FA or next year's darft to keep building.

It's this exact scenario that makes me question any mock that has RB at 25.