Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 draft rumors and tweets

Pitts with Gesicki would give the Phins a nasty 2 TE set look.
They would just need to add 1 weapon outside (maybe a 2nd round WR) and that offense could be deadly.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-07-2021, 04:24 PM)Kane Wrote: Pitts with Gesicki would give the Phins a nasty 2 TE set look.
They would just need to add 1 weapon outside (maybe a 2nd round WR) and that offense could be deadly.

This is why I find the news Atlanta is considering trading down from four a little strange.

They would have a similar dynamic with Pitts and Hurst, but they would have it even better because unlike Miami, they have two good outside WRs in Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-07-2021, 04:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 04:24 PM)Kane Wrote: Pitts with Gesicki would give the Phins a nasty 2 TE set look.

This is why I find the news Atlanta is considering trading down from four a little strange.

They would have a similar dynamic with Pitts and Hurst, but they would have it even better because unlike Miami, they have two good outside WRs in Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley.

Indeed.

I think Atlanta taking Pitts means they can challenge Tampa... even if their defense is still crap.

Unless Matt Ryan is totally done... which I don't think he is.

(04-08-2021, 10:16 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 04:44 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This is why I find the news Atlanta is considering trading down from four a little strange.

Indeed.

I think Atlanta taking Pitts means they can challenge Tampa... even if their defense is still crap.

Unless Matt Ryan is totally done... which I don't think he is.
I don't think he is, either.

First, I don't think he's taken much abuse over the years.  I can't recall a single major injury he's had.

Secondly, I think if Arther Smith sticks to the philosophy he had in Tennessee, he will support Ryan with a good OL and strong running game.

That combination plus the ability to have all kinds of matchup advantages will probably prolong his career even further.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 11:01 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This would be interesting. If Prescott is 100% this could very well make Dallas's offense almost unstoppable. They had the best offense this past year before Dakota got hurt. With the addition of Pitts would make that offense nasty. Jerry usually gets what he wants

https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/2021-nfl-d...yle-pitts/

(04-08-2021, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This would be interesting.  If Prescott is 100% this could very well make Dallas's offense almost unstoppable.  They had the best offense this past year before Dakota got hurt.  With the addition of Pitts would make that offense nasty.  Jerry usually gets what he wants

It would have to be, because their defense couldn't stop anyone. They'll have to put up 50 a game.

(04-08-2021, 11:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This would be interesting.  If Prescott is 100% this could very well make Dallas's offense almost unstoppable.  They had the best offense this past year before Dakota got hurt.  With the addition of Pitts would make that offense nasty.  Jerry usually gets what he wants

It would have to be, because their defense couldn't stop anyone. They'll have to put up 50 a game.

Isn't that the new NFL? Put up 50 and play just good enough defense to hold your opponent to 49 or less?

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 03:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like this

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/04...ius-toney/

Toney at 25 should be pretty close to a fireable offense. Combined with the bad FA, retaining Warhop, and tagging Cam it would definitely be enough to fire Meyer for me.

(04-09-2021, 04:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Toney at 25 should be pretty close to a fireable offense. Combined with the bad FA, retaining Warhop, and tagging Cam it would definitely be enough to fire Meyer for me.

Agreed. Toney is the most overrated player in the draft. How he is even mentioned in a first round discussion is beyond me. He's not even in my top 10 WR's.

(04-09-2021, 04:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Toney at 25 should be pretty close to a fireable offense. Combined with the bad FA, retaining Warhop, and tagging Cam it would definitely be enough to fire Meyer for me.

We ain't taking him at 25, I could see him in play at 45 though

(04-09-2021, 05:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Agreed. Toney is the most overrated player in the draft. How he is even mentioned in a first round discussion is beyond me. He's not even in my top 10 WR's.

Why is he so overrated in your eyes?

I'm not sure I want him at 25, but I have grown to respect his ability to separate on his routes.

(04-09-2021, 05:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 05:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Toney is the most overrated player in the draft. How he is even mentioned in a first round discussion is beyond me. He's not even in my top 10 WR's.

I'm not sure I want him at 25, but I have grown to respect his ability to separate on his routes.

TheO-Line-Matters thinks Toney is overrated because he's not an offensive tackle.

(04-09-2021, 05:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. Toney is the most overrated player in the draft. How he is even mentioned in a first round discussion is beyond me. He's not even in my top 10 WR's.

This, i don't want him at 25 but I'd love to add him to the team.  He is one of those guys like Elijah Moore who improved every yearin college, Those are the guys with the arrow pointing up

(04-09-2021, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...89600?s=19

He's the guy I think we need to draft. The TE pool isn't deep and he is by far the second best TE in the draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 08:29 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

When Pitts went down with injury, I didn't really see Toney step up to take that leadership role and be the #1 guy. There were long stretches where he would just disappear. I see him as a complimentary receiver and you just don't use first round picks on complimentary receivers IMO. First round picks and even most second rounders should be #1 type receivers. I keep seeing where analysts say Toney is so quick, but I just didn't see it in games. IMO, he plays much slower than he test and he just doesn't consistently show separation to get open. I see him as a 3rd or 4th round kind of receiver in this very, very deep WR class.

(04-09-2021, 06:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 05:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why is he so overrated in your eyes?

TheO-Line-Matters thinks Toney is overrated because he's not an offensive tackle.

No. He's overrated, because I have at least 10 WR's ranked ahead of him. I think the fact that he's a Gator, has tainted the objectivity of some people on this board to what Toney really is. Kyle Pitts is an elite, star player. Kadarius Toney is pretty average.

(04-09-2021, 07:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...89600?s=19

He's the guy I think we need to draft. The TE pool isn't deep and he is by far the second best TE in the draft.

He has became a bit underrated imo because of his injury.  I really hope he is there at 45 where value will meet need

(04-09-2021, 07:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:

I disagree. I really like Hunter Long and the sleeper of this TE class is Kenny Yeboah.

(04-09-2021, 08:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 05:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Why is he so overrated in your eyes?

When Pitts went down with injury, I didn't really see Toney step up to take that leadership role and be the #1 guy. There were long stretches where he would just disappear. I see him as a complimentary receiver and you just don't use first round picks on complimentary receivers IMO. First round picks and even most second rounders should be #1 type receivers. I keep seeing where analysts say Toney is so quick, but I just didn't see it in games. IMO, he plays much slower than he test and he just doesn't consistently show separation to get open. I see him as a 3rd or 4th round kind of receiver in this very, very deep WR class.

(04-09-2021, 06:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: TheO-Line-Matters thinks Toney is overrated because he's not an offensive tackle.

No. He's overrated, because I have at least 10 WR's ranked ahead of him. I think the fact that he's a Gator, has tainted the objectivity of some people on this board to what Toney really is. Kyle Pitts is an elite, star player. Kadarius Toney is pretty average.
You said the same thing about Elijah Moore.  I'd like to see your top 10 WRs list being that Toney and Elijah isn't in it