Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 draft rumors and tweets

Looks like we met with McNeil.  One of my favorite players in the draft

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/02...-nc-state/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

McNeill played 87% of his total snaps at heads-up nose tackle this year, making his production nothing short of incredible. Only one player since 2014 has produced a higher PFF grade at 0-technique than McNeil’s 90.5 this season (former Mississippi State Bulldog and current Tennessee Titan Jeffery Simmons in 2017).

McNeill won 10% of his pass-rush snaps at nose tackle, an impressive figure in its own right, but the reason for his success is all due to his run defense. He was a constant disruptor and fully deserved the 92.1 run-defense grade on the year

(02-15-2021, 11:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like we met with McNeil.  One of my favorite players in the draft

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/02...-nc-state/

You beat me to it.

I think the team's interest in him is a good thing.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I saw that too, love it. I know my perfect draft had Moore at 33 and McNeil at 46, but I would not be upset in the slightest if we just went ahead and took McNeil at 33.

(02-15-2021, 02:18 PM)Upper Wrote: I saw that too, love it. I know my perfect draft had Moore at 33 and McNeil at 46, but I would not be upset in the slightest if we just went ahead and took McNeil at 33.

In him, I see a guy with size who can get upfield really fast.

I am not necessarily thrilled with the idea of switching to a 3-4, but if we do, I'd want to add this guy to the front three.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 07:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021, 07:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-16-2021, 07:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: .

You talk way too much!   Laughing

(02-18-2021, 10:54 AM)ATLjag Wrote:

(02-18-2021, 03:20 PM)FabianLF Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 10:54 AM)ATLjag Wrote: ,

TL;DR

(02-18-2021, 06:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/02...harleston/

Nice.

I don't recall Meyer having a preference for big WRs, and atm I don't have the energy to research it.

To me, I like what Collin Johnson showed last year in his limited time.  To a certain extent, Strachan is redundant.

However, we'll lose at least two WRs, and as I think about it, TL had bigger WRs at Clemson.  Perhaps he has the preference for them.

what if jags take him with the #1 pick insted of Travor.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2021, 10:24 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I like him at RB.  Just look at that Derrick Henry-esque stiff arm.

[Image: fbc4c8b83f294a61a5516b064e1388b8.jpg?wid...&auto=webp]

reminds me of Vince Wilfork with his body type and quickness for a guy his size

(02-18-2021, 07:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 06:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/02...harleston/

Nice.

I don't recall Meyer having a preference for big WRs, and atm I don't have the energy to research it.

To me, I like what Collin Johnson showed last year in his limited time.  To a certain extent, Strachan is redundant.

However, we'll lose at least two WRs, and as I think about it, TL had bigger WRs at Clemson.  Perhaps he has the preference for them.
His limited analysis reads similar to Collin Johnson, but needs development when you look at his highlight film.  I was wondering if his frame can add 20 lbs and make him a move TE.

Ok if we get Rondale and McNeil with our two 2nd rounders I will officially change my mind about Urban.

https://twitter.com/JustinM_NFL/status/1...5863071744

(02-24-2021, 09:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Ok if we get Rondale and McNeil with our two 2nd rounders I will officially change my mind about Urban.

I like it, I could see the Packers taking him though

(02-24-2021, 09:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Ok if we get Rondale and McNeil with our two 2nd rounders I will officially change my mind about Urban.

It will make me hate him. A WR and NT in the 2nd round means we would be forced to reach for either an OT or CB, depending on what we did with the #25 pick. There might not be any really good starting quality players left at those positions in round 3. I certainly don't wanna reach on either of those positions as they are key areas we have to address. 

Why would we draft a NT anyway? DaVon Hamilton looked really good when he was starting at NT last year. The run defense looked much better until he got hurt. I also still think we have 3 very good starting receivers already. Lawrence will make them even better. I see no need at all to address WR early in the draft, unless Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle make a major fall. Rondale Moore is a good player, but I wouldn't have him over players like CB Eric Stokes, OT Liam Eichenberg, CB Greg Newsome, DE Carlos Basham, DE/DT Levi Onwuzurike who I believe will be stars at positions which could immediately help us, but would certainly be off the board by our 3rd round pick.