Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2021, 08:44 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(04-11-2021, 08:37 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 08:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This kid capitalized off the murder of some of his classmates and even used it to get into Harvard. There aren't many worse humans on this planet than David Hogg.

That's a terrible take. He's not my cup of tea, but who's to say he wouldn't have gotten into Harvard anyhow? And even if Harvard did let him in because he was sort of famous, what's he supposed to do? Say no? If he wanted to go there it's not for us to judge.

Hogg's academic travails started one day after the Feb. 14 killings when he got his first college rejection letter, from California State University at Long Beach. He was also turned down by UCLA, UC Santa Barbara and UC San Diego.

He clearly didn't get into Harvard on academic merit.

Carry on...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-11-2021, 08:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 08:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: That's a terrible take. He's not my cup of tea, but who's to say he wouldn't have gotten into Harvard anyhow? And even if Harvard did let him in because he was sort of famous, what's he supposed to do? Say no? If he wanted to go there it's not for us to judge.

Hogg's academic travails started one day after the Feb. 14 killings when he got his first college rejection letter, from California State University at Long Beach. He was also turned down by UCLA, UC Santa Barbara and UC San Diego.

Carry on...

So what?
Applying to Harvard and going if they accept you doesn't make you a bad person.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-11-2021, 10:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 08:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hogg's academic travails started one day after the Feb. 14 killings when he got his first college rejection letter, from California State University at Long Beach. He was also turned down by UCLA, UC Santa Barbara and UC San Diego.

Carry on...

So what?

Did anyone say he applied?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-11-2021, 11:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 10:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: So what?

Did anyone say he applied?

Think back to when you were 18.
If a letter suddenly came in the mail from an Ivy League school saying you were in, and you thought you might be smart and hard working enough to make it there, and you were willing to take on the loans, would you go?
Of course you would.

(04-12-2021, 10:08 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 11:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Did anyone say he applied?

If a letter suddenly came in the mail from an Ivy League school saying you were in, and you thought you might be smart and hard working enough to make it there, and you were willing to take on the loans, would you go?
Of course you would.

Does that really ever happen after a student has been turned down by the likes of UC Long Beach?

If you want to be completely truthful about the situation, Hogg was given acceptance to Hahvahd because they crave the attention his social activism brings. In essence, he’s a student athlete who only has to represent to attend.

(04-12-2021, 10:17 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 10:08 AM)mikesez Wrote: Think back to when you were 18.
Of course you would.

Does that really ever happen after a student has been turned down by the likes of UC Long Beach?

If you want to be completely truthful about the situation, Hogg was given acceptance to Hahvahd because they crave the attention his social activism brings. In essence, he’s a student athlete who only has to represent to attend.

Mike is also completely neglecting the FACT this kid capitalized on the murder of his classmates and that notoriety is the only reason he would ever get the attention of an Ivy League school in the first place, based on his previous rejections.

Of course you would.

But did he apply? Or was he selected for his celebrity activism capitalizing on the deaths of his classmates?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The kid had a SAT score in the 1200s and the norm for Harvard is in the 1500s...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Mike getting painted in the corner on a Monday is pure gold.

Biden Administration Offers Four Month Paid Leave To Federal Employees Who Take In Illegal Alien Children

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-adm...w9ojJEqfDQ
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(04-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The kid had a SAT score in the 1200s and the norm for Harvard is in the 1500s...

Does that make him a bad person though?

(04-12-2021, 12:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: The kid had a SAT score in the 1200s and the norm for Harvard is in the 1500s...

No, that would be his character..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-12-2021, 12:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:

You said, and I quote “He's not my cup of tea, but who's to say he wouldn't have gotten into Harvard anyhow?”

That 1270 SAT score says he wouldn’t. Hell, he probably wouldn’t have gotten into UF with a 1270, much less gotten into Harvard.

Of course you would.

I may be different than most people, but I wouldn't accept. The thought of living in Boston for 4 years would be like a prison sentence for me. I HATE the city. Any city. I don't even like visiting small cities, so the idea of living in a big city (especially on the northern east coast with a bunch of Red Sox and Patriots fans), would be pure Hell for me. I have my degree from Miami (OH), go Redhawks! That's good enough for me. I was able to commute from my home.

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 12:37 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Mike's people are trying to cancel Stallone for joining Mar-a-Lago.

(04-12-2021, 12:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
Of course you would.

I may be different than most people, but I wouldn't accept. The thought of living in Boston for 4 years would be like a prison sentence for me. I HATE the city. Any city. I don't even like visiting small cities, so the idea of living in a big city (especially on the northern east coast with a bunch of Red Sox and Patriots fans), would be pure Hell for me. I have my degree from Miami (OH), go Redhawks! That's good enough for me. I was able to commute from my home.

The appeal of going to an Ivy League school has diminished greatly the past few years. Even if my kids were to get accepted, I'd encourage them to go to a more normal school that isn't going to indoctrinate them for massive sums of cash.

(04-12-2021, 12:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mike's people are trying to cancel Stallone for joining Mar-a-Lago.

(04-12-2021, 12:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I may be different than most people, but I wouldn't accept. The thought of living in Boston for 4 years would be like a prison sentence for me. I HATE the city. Any city. I don't even like visiting small cities, so the idea of living in a big city (especially on the northern east coast with a bunch of Red Sox and Patriots fans), would be pure Hell for me. I have my degree from Miami (OH), go Redhawks! That's good enough for me. I was able to commute from my home.

The appeal of going to an Ivy League school has diminished greatly the past few years. Even if my kids were to get accepted, I'd encourage them to go to a more normal school that isn't going to indoctrinate them for massive sums of cash.

From what I've read, Berkeley is worse than an Ivy League school.. That's like Indoctrinate U..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 01:43 PM by mikesez.)

(04-12-2021, 12:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
Of course you would.

But does that make you a good person and David Hogg a bad person?

(04-12-2021, 12:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 12:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: Does that make him a bad person though?

You said, and I quote “He's not my cup of tea, but who's to say he wouldn't have gotten into Harvard anyhow?”

That 1270 SAT score says he wouldn’t. Hell, he probably wouldn’t have gotten into UF with a 1270, much less gotten into Harvard.

Right.  You knew more about the guy than I did.
But does that extra tidbit of information, that Harvard did indeed extend special treatment to him, really justify calling him one of the "worst human beings on the planet"?

(04-12-2021, 01:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 12:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I may be different than most people, but I wouldn't accept. The thought of living in Boston for 4 years would be like a prison sentence for me. I HATE the city. Any city. I don't even like visiting small cities, so the idea of living in a big city (especially on the northern east coast with a bunch of Red Sox and Patriots fans), would be pure Hell for me. I have my degree from Miami (OH), go Redhawks! That's good enough for me. I was able to commute from my home.

But does that make you a good person and David Hogg a bad person?

(04-12-2021, 12:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You said, and I quote “He's not my cup of tea, but who's to say he wouldn't have gotten into Harvard anyhow?”

But does that extra tidbit of information, that Harvard did indeed extend special treatment to him, really justify calling him one of the "worst human beings on the planet"?

Again, you are ignoring the reason he was even considered for "special treatment".

We already know he's a bad person, every bit of his post-Parkland behavior shows he's nothing more than an opportunist trading on his dead classmates.

(04-12-2021, 01:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 12:21 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You said, and I quote “He's not my cup of tea, but who's to say he wouldn't have gotten into Harvard anyhow?”

I never said that about him. I was just pointing out that you were wrong in your assessment that he would have gotten into Harvard on his own.