Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-13-2021, 07:39 AM)mal234 Wrote: According to various news reports the FDA and CDC are recomending that the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is "paused" for now due to issues that some people have had with blood clotting:

NBC News on Twitter: "DEVELOPING: FDA and CDC are recommending a pause in the use of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine "out of an abundance of caution" after reports of 6 cases in the U.S. of a "rare and severe type of blood clot" after receiving the shot. https://t.co/NzVnxBQaGa" / Twitter

The Associated Press on Twitter: "BREAKING: US recommends 'pause' for single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to investigate clotting reports. https://t.co/CHyDEn0evn" / Twitter

I heard on the radio a few days ago that here in NC some people had severe reactions after taking this vaccine and had to be hospitalized. Twenty-six people a little while ago had adverse reactions at some sites in NC and four had to be taken to the hospital after receiving the J&J dose.

https://apnews.com/article/north-carolin...af2ae38ad2

Anyone that has just taken this shot be careful and be aware of any side effect that seems severe. This was a vaccine I wasn't as interested in taking because even though it being one dose is appealing it's efficiency wasn't as high as Pfizer or Moderna's vaccines. Granted the number of people that have had clotting side effects from this is very minuscule but I can understand them wanting to pause it to research things a bit more.

It’s been a bit, but I remember posting that my brother didn’t recommend that shot.  He couldn’t fully say why.  Apparently he DID know something he couldn’t tell me. 

First off, thoughts and prayers for those and their family members that are suffering or died taking it.  

Second, J&J are gonna be proper [BLEEP].

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-13-2021, 06:50 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 07:39 AM)mal234 Wrote: According to various news reports the FDA and CDC are recomending that the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is "paused" for now due to issues that some people have had with blood clotting:

NBC News on Twitter: "DEVELOPING: FDA and CDC are recommending a pause in the use of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine "out of an abundance of caution" after reports of 6 cases in the U.S. of a "rare and severe type of blood clot" after receiving the shot. https://t.co/NzVnxBQaGa" / Twitter

The Associated Press on Twitter: "BREAKING: US recommends 'pause' for single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to investigate clotting reports. https://t.co/CHyDEn0evn" / Twitter

I heard on the radio a few days ago that here in NC some people had severe reactions after taking this vaccine and had to be hospitalized. Twenty-six people a little while ago had adverse reactions at some sites in NC and four had to be taken to the hospital after receiving the J&J dose.

https://apnews.com/article/north-carolin...af2ae38ad2

Anyone that has just taken this shot be careful and be aware of any side effect that seems severe. This was a vaccine I wasn't as interested in taking because even though it being one dose is appealing it's efficiency wasn't as high as Pfizer or Moderna's vaccines. Granted the number of people that have had clotting side effects from this is very minuscule but I can understand them wanting to pause it to research things a bit more.

It’s been a bit, but I remember posting that my brother didn’t recommend that shot.  He couldn’t fully say why.  Apparently he DID know something he couldn’t tell me. 

First off, thoughts and prayers for those and their family members that are suffering or died taking it.  

Since you can’t sue because of the emergency use order, I don’t see anything happening to them because of this.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 08:51 PM by Jags.)

(04-13-2021, 07:18 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 06:50 PM)Jags Wrote: It’s been a bit, but I remember posting that my brother didn’t recommend that shot.  He couldn’t fully say why.  Apparently he DID know something he couldn’t tell me. 

Since you can’t sue because of the emergency use order, I don’t see anything happening to them because of this.
I was not privy to such order.  I have heard about this and the consequences some have suffered along with some issue with the baby powder  and such.  Figured they’d be hurting.  I’ll notate this on my calendar as a time I was wrong Smile  And learn from it

So, in Erie County if you don't get vaccinated you don't go to a Bills game. And they want you to go ahead and get it done so you're good to go by season opener. I thought the vaccine is only good for three months so there is no point in doing it now. If you get it in June you're only good until September so you'd have to get another one, or a booster depending on which version you initially received. This is such BS.

Story

(04-14-2021, 03:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, in Erie County if you don't get vaccinated you don't go to a Bills game. And they want you to go ahead and get it done so you're good to go by season opener. I thought the vaccine is only good for three months so there is no point in doing it now. If you get it in June you're only good until September so you'd have to get another one, or a booster depending on which version you initially received. This is such BS.

Story

https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2021-0...six-months

(04-14-2021, 03:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, in Erie County if you don't get vaccinated you don't go to a Bills game. And they want you to go ahead and get it done so you're good to go by season opener. I thought the vaccine is only good for three months so there is no point in doing it now. If you get it in June you're only good until September so you'd have to get another one, or a booster depending on which version you initially received. This is such BS.

Story

Do these companies not know the vaccine has not been approved? Do they want to be a part of the Nuremberg tribunals? They are opening themselves up to litigation or worse by making this statement.

(04-14-2021, 04:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Story

https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2021-0...six-months

Just yesterday I read they're only good for three months and it was not a random website or youtube. I erase my history and cache at the end of each day so I can't go back to find where I read it. Ugh. The lack of solid information and continued moving of the goalposts is ridiculous. 

Also, vaccine passports are unconstitutional. Period. Forcing vaccines on people is unconstitutional. The flu kills tens of thousands of people per year yet the flu vaccine is never forced en masse, but this one is? The low mortality rate among healthy people does not justify forcing everyone to get it. If you're at risk get the shot and get on with life so the rest of us can get on with ours.

I can say this much.  After what that vaccine did to me, I'll pass and take my chances.  I basically got it just to get my "vaccine papers" for the commie companies that might require it.  I am not going to allow that [BLEEP] to be injected into me again.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 10:56 PM by americus 2.0.)

I won't get it for a few reasons. And now that we personally know many people who have/had Covid from every age group, race, gender, and most preexisting conditions that would complicate matters, I'd rather get Covid than the vaccine.

My husband is on the fence because of his horrible asthma. He doesn't want Covid but he's leery of side effects from the vaccine. He will likely wear a mask for the foreseeable future. He's had to for a year now and noticed along the way he didn't get the flu or a chest cold which can linger for six months making us both miserable.

(04-14-2021, 05:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 04:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2021-0...six-months

Just yesterday I read they're only good for three months and it was not a random website or youtube. I erase my history and cache at the end of each day so I can't go back to find where I read it. Ugh. The lack of solid information and continued moving of the goalposts is ridiculous. 

Also, vaccine passports are unconstitutional. Period. Forcing vaccines on people is unconstitutional. The flu kills tens of thousands of people per year yet the flu vaccine is never forced en masse, but this one is? The low mortality rate among healthy people does not justify forcing everyone to get it. If you're at risk get the shot and get on with life so the rest of us can get on with ours.
They really don't know but they are already planning on giving boosters so they can continue making money. Depending on what you believe, the booster may be needed to help keep you from getting very sick when you get exposed to it. Then that is ongoing for the rest of your life.

It fairly obvious it doesn't stop people from getting covid and there are more reports of people even having to go to the hospital.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(04-14-2021, 05:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 04:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://www.aha.org/news/headline/2021-0...six-months

The nation's most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journal doesn't move the needle for you huh?

I’m getting the vaccine to have some control. I’d rather get briefly sick from the shot than take the chance of being one of those who gets seriously or lingering ill after contracting the virus.

(04-14-2021, 05:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I can say this much.  After what that vaccine did to me, I'll pass and take my chances.  I basically got it just to get my "vaccine papers" for the commie companies that might require it.  I am not going to allow that [BLEEP] to be injected into me again.

Implementing safety requirements that help protect employees and customers and allow companies to operate at a greater capacity (ensuring their continuing existence) meets your definition of "commie"?  Joe McCarthy would be proud!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2021, 08:10 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(04-15-2021, 07:37 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 05:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I can say this much.  After what that vaccine did to me, I'll pass and take my chances.  I basically got it just to get my "vaccine papers" for the commie companies that might require it.  I am not going to allow that [BLEEP] to be injected into me again.

Implementing safety requirements that help protect employees and customers and allow companies to operate at a greater capacity (ensuring their continuing existence) meets your definition of "commie"?  Joe McCarthy would be proud!

I've seen a lot more vaccine shaming lately. This disappoints me.

Edit: You can blame the cynicism of some people on the likes of Tony Fauchi for not allowing people to live normal lives even after committing themselves to vaccine with no long term research.

I'm against the vaccine and I'd never push my thoughts and beliefs onto anyone else. Whatever you decide, that's up to you and you alone..

That said, my mom got the vaccine a couple of weeks ago and she hasn't felt right since. She's been on and off pretty sick. She says that she's not going back for the booster..

My wife is an RN and has received the vaccine and feels completely fine, but, one of her co-workers came down with Bells Palsy after receiving the same vaccine..

I'd weigh the pro's and con's before letting anyone stick you with any vaccine.. If you think you'll benefit from it, do it.. If you feel like I do and think it's an agenda driven farce, don't take it..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

How can you pass if you've already taken it.....

[Image: 20210415-083353.jpg]

(04-15-2021, 06:01 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 05:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Just yesterday I read they're only good for three months and it was not a random website or youtube. I erase my history and cache at the end of each day so I can't go back to find where I read it. Ugh. The lack of solid information and continued moving of the goalposts is ridiculous. 

The nation's most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journal doesn't move the needle for you huh?

The average person isn't looking to peer-reviewed medical journals, they're listening to or reading what Fauci and the media says and that leads to dumb decisions like vaccine passports to attend a football game.

Wonder if the 3rd dose Pfizer said is required will be free.

There was already video of the CEO (can't remember if it was Pfizer) talking about how to make more money from this. No doubt they will charge for boosters.