Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: If the team moves up, what range do you feel they will land in?
Top 5
Top 10
Top 15
Top 20
[Show Results]

Regarding pick 25

I have this feeling the Jaguars are going to push hard to trade up from 25. Will it happen? Who knows. But in the case that it was possible, where would you feel the team moves up to and who would they take?

I would guess they attempt to move up to 4 to take OT Sewell. Hopping over the Bengals at 5 who could really use him for Burrow.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So far, 100% of the people who have voted say it will be top-20.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 08:57 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I think a trade up from 45 or from our 3rd to mid 2nd is more likely for a trade up

If we do trade up in the first though I think it's for Barmore, as much as Meyer has said he wants to improve the dline and he said the dline isn't that deep this year.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 09:01 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I have Darrisaw going to the Chargers at #13. Realistically, He's the only guy I'd move up for. I don't see any way to move up high enough to get Sewell or Slater. That would just cost too much. So, I would target the Eagles at #12 or the Giants at #11, depending on the price tag. Maybe they would cost too much as well. I think we stay put.

(04-22-2021, 09:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have Darrisaw going to the Chargers at #13. Realistically, He's the only guy I'd move up for. I don't see any way to move up high enough to get Sewell or Slater. That would just cost too much. So, I would target the Eagles at #12 or the Giants at #11, depending on the price tag. Maybe they would cost too much as well. I think we stay put.

You think Darrisaw would beat out Cam?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-22-2021, 08:44 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I have this feeling the Jaguars are going to push hard to trade up from 25. Will it happen? Who knows. But in the case that it was possible, where would you feel the team moves up to and who would they take?

I would guess they attempt to move up to 4 to take OT Sewell. Hopping over the Bengals at 5 who could really use him for Burrow.

Funny you say that. Drafttek just posted a mock with the Jags taking Lawrence and then turning around and trading up to 1.4 for Sewell.

https://www.drafttek.com/m/2021-NFL-Mock...Round1.asp

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 10:03 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-22-2021, 09:36 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 09:00 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have Darrisaw going to the Chargers at #13. Realistically, He's the only guy I'd move up for. I don't see any way to move up high enough to get Sewell or Slater. That would just cost too much. So, I would target the Eagles at #12 or the Giants at #11, depending on the price tag. Maybe they would cost too much as well. I think we stay put.

You think Darrisaw would beat out Cam?

Absolutely. There's no question in my mind that Darrisaw would easily beat him out. There are 3 elite OT's in this draft and Darrisaw is one.

(04-22-2021, 09:59 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 08:44 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I have this feeling the Jaguars are going to push hard to trade up from 25. Will it happen? Who knows. But in the case that it was possible, where would you feel the team moves up to and who would they take?

Funny you say that. Drafttek just posted a mock with the Jags taking Lawrence and then turning around and trading up to 1.4 for Sewell.

Yet they don't give parameters of the trade. Realistically, it would cost us way too much.

(04-22-2021, 10:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 09:36 AM)Dimson Wrote: You think Darrisaw would beat out Cam?

Absolutely. There's no question in my mind that Darrisaw would easily beat him out. There are 3 elite OT's in this draft and Darrisaw is one.

(04-22-2021, 09:59 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Funny you say that. Drafttek just posted a mock with the Jags taking Lawrence and then turning around and trading up to 1.4 for Sewell.

Yet they don't give parameters of the trade. Realistically, it would cost us way too much.

They did give the parameters, it was 1.25, 2.33, and 3.65 for 1.4.

I am positive that wouldn’t be enough though.

(04-22-2021, 10:13 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 10:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely. There's no question in my mind that Darrisaw would easily beat him out. There are 3 elite OT's in this draft and Darrisaw is one.

Would definitely have to include next years number one at least.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Man, if they could only trade up to 24, that would be the place to pick...couple of future number one picks should do it.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 04:13 PM by Mikey.)

No way in poop they try to jump that high.

I'm thinking the jump will be in the 18-20 range for an OT, either Darrisaw, Jenkins or Eichenburg if they are dead set on getting a tackle.

(04-22-2021, 09:59 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:

Quote:Jaguars trade #25, #33 and #65 to Falcons in exchange for #4.
ahahahahahahah ain't no way that is enough for ATL to take that deal. or if they do, the GM is likely fired before the end of April.

(04-22-2021, 04:10 PM)Mikey Wrote:

I'm thinking the jump will be in the 18-20 range for an OT, either Darrisaw, Jenkins or Eichenburg if they are dead set on getting a tackle.

(04-22-2021, 09:59 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Funny you say that. Drafttek just posted a mock with the Jags taking Lawrence and then turning around and trading up to 1.4 for Sewell.

ahahahahahahah ain't no way that is enough for ATL to take that deal. or if they do, the GM is likely fired before the end of April.
I seriously doubt we would of tagged Cam if we wanted to trade up for a tackle.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 05:19 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-22-2021, 04:10 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Based on the press conference yesterday, I don't see this happening at all.

UM is looking for 4-5 starters from the first two-3 rounds.  That can't happen if they move up to 4 from 25.  Even assuming they hit on both TL and Sewell/Pitts/Chase/ etc
The best they could hope for is 3 starters.

I don't think the trade parameters set above would be enough to move up that far for a few reasons.

1.  The market for a top 5 pick was set by San Francisco moving up from 12 to 3 in search of a QB.  They gave up three #1 picks (2021, 2022, 2023 and a 3rd round pic) to move up 9 spots.  The Jaguars would be moving up 21 spots.  Conversely, the Falcons would move down 21 spots.

2.  There would still be at least one highly rated QB left on the board at 4, with at least one team in the top ten (Denver) that might be willing to pay to move up into that spot, which would drive the price up more.  This doesn't factor in teams currently outside the top ten like New England, Washington or Chicago who could make bids for that spot.

3.  Back in 2011, Atlanta made almost exactly the same move being proposed here, when they traded up from 27 to 6 to draft Julio Jones.  In that deal, Atlanta gave up their first, second and 4th round picks in 2011 and a first and 4th in 2012.  I seriously doubt Atlanta would make a similar deal for less than what they paid to move up to 6.

The thing is, assuming we replicated the Julio Jones trade or the drafttek parameters, we'd have the raw ammo to pull it off.  Replicating the Julio Jones trade  would still leave us with eight draft picks this year:  2 1sts (Lawrence & Pitts/Sewell), a 2nd (#45), a 3rd (65) a 4th (130), 2 5ths, and a 7th (249).  The standard number of draft picks without trades or compensatory picks is seven.   We'd even have an extra mid round pick next year (from Min for Ngakoue).  But we'd miss out on the first round pick in 2022.

Replicating the drafttek parameters, it would be far less expensive.  We'd still end up with 2 1sts, a 2nd (#45) no 3rd rounder, and the remainder of our picks from rounds 4-7). and still end up with eight picks overall.  But we'd be off the hook for next year.

However, as I indicated earlier, both trades would impact the team's ability to acquire 4-5 starters this year.   If you assume the odds of drafting a starter falls dramatically after the 3rd round, either the team would have to hit big on one or more of the late round picks, or would have to package the late round picks to move into the 3rd round.  But that would have a negative impact on the team's depth.

I certainly don't think trading up a lesser amount is out of the question.  But trading all the way up to four, while exciting, is not likely for this team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 07:01 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-22-2021, 10:13 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 10:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely. There's no question in my mind that Darrisaw would easily beat him out. There are 3 elite OT's in this draft and Darrisaw is one.

I missed that. There's no way that would do it though. It would cost us another high draft pick. Probably a 2022 first rounder.

(04-22-2021, 04:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 04:10 PM)Mikey Wrote: No way in poop they try to jump that high.

I seriously doubt we would of tagged Cam if we wanted to trade up for a tackle.

We tagged Cam for one reason, desperation. The free agent LT market was thin and the top LT's in the draft (Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw) will be long gone by the time we pick. There is no way any reasonable person would have tagged him based upon his past performance. It was completely out of desperation.

(04-22-2021, 06:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 10:13 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: They did give the parameters, it was 1.25, 2.33, and 3.65 for 1.4.

I missed that. There's no way that would do it though. It would cost us another high draft pick. Probably a 2022 first rounder.

(04-22-2021, 04:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I seriously doubt we would of tagged Cam if we wanted to trade up for a tackle.

We tagged Cam for one reason, desperation. The free agent LT market was thin and the top LT's in the draft (Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw) will be long gone by the time we pick. There is no way any reasonable person would have tagged him based upon his past performance. It was completely out of desperation.

If they were desperate they would reach for a tackle early which I doubt they do.  They didn't tag him upon his past performance, they tagged him to see what he can do with Lawrence and the new coaching staff being a year healed from a ACL tear

Can people imagine the complete mental breakdown on this board by Gator fans if the Jaguars traded up to the #4 spot and they picked Sewell over Pitts!?!?!  Laughing 

However, trading up that high simply isn't happening.  If we were to trade up, the most logical spot is in the 18-20 range for an offensive tackle.  Maybe Darrisaw drops or the Jaguars are in love with one of the other options.  The Colts at #21 and the Steelers at #24 will very likely take an offensive tackle if there's still a good one the board.  That being said, I don't think we trade up.  I don't think Meyer is targeting an offensive tackle early.  I think we stay put at #25 and take some other position.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 08:53 PM by ATLjag.)

After the press conference, I don't believe UM will allow Baalke to trade away multiple high picks for a single player. However, in the spirit of the thread, I would not be shocked to see them move up possibly 3-5 spots from the 1-25 pick if they see a player of value slipping down the board, that better delivers UM his goal of an elite DL. I don't see a player in the interior being ranked high enough to meet this criteria. However, there are a couple edge guys, one being Jaelan Phillips, that could drop into cost-effective striking range due to injury history, 2020 covid opt out, or other reasons.

On a side note, I think there is a greater chance that Baalke could trade down a few spots and try to pick up something like a 4th round pick, or maybe a future pick with the strength/depth of next year's draft.

(04-22-2021, 08:30 PM)ATLjag Wrote: After the press conference, I don't believe UM will allow Baalke to trade away multiple high picks for a single player.  However, in the spirit of the thread, I would not be shocked to see them move up possibly 3-5 spots from the 1-25 pick if they see a player of value slipping down the board, that better delivers UM his goal of an elite DL.  I don't see a player in the interior being ranked high enough to meet this criteria.   However, there are a couple edge guys, one being Jaelan Phillips, that could drop into cost-effective striking range due to injury history, 2020 covid opt out, or other reasons.

On a side note, I think there is a greater chance that Baalke could trade down a few spots and pick up a 3rd or 4th round pick, or maybe a future pick with the strength/depth of next year's draft.

Agreed, if we trade up I think it will be a defensive player like Barmore or Phillips.  I think we stay at 25 though

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2021, 02:36 AM by CanDoBetter.)

After watching the last episode of "The Hunt" and listening to the press conference I'm confident they will try to get OL or DL at 25 and probably 33 too. Obviously if someone they really want is there they may take him instead but I think the general priority after QB is to strengthen the groups in the trenches.

(04-23-2021, 02:35 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: After watching the last episode of "The Hunt" and listening to the press conference I'm confident they will try to get OL or DL at 25 and probably 33 too. Obviously if someone they really want is there they may take him instead but I think the general priority after QB is to strengthen the groups in the trenches.

I think you're right, I think that is what they would prefer, but I wonder, if a player at another position represents the best value, what will they do, especially since Meyer and Baalke keep preaching about taking the best value, and trusting the board, and all that.