Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

He didn’t just say that. That’s taken out of context. He said that they’ll run 2 back sets, and also put him in to create match up nightmares. I know people aren’t thrilled with the pick, but let’s not start an agenda that isn’t there

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Stupid pick here
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

To call it a bad pick is just wrong. Fair enough you don’t have to like the pick or agree with it but you cannot call it a bad pick when he hasn’t stepped on the field, most good teams have two good running backs these days,

Yes you can find running backs everywhere in the draft but just because you can doesn’t mean you do, pretty much every team drafts a running back every year between 4th round and UDFA and last time I checked every team doesn’t draft a kamara every year.

The team liked the player and felt he fit what they wanted to do, if they had him ranked top of there bored after watching 100s of hours of film then so be it they do much more work on this thing than us.

Let the kid play and see what happens. What ever your opinion non of us truly know if it was a good pick or not

(04-30-2021, 05:16 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: To call it a bad pick is just wrong. Fair enough you don’t have to like the pick or agree with it but you cannot call it a bad pick when he hasn’t stepped on the field, most good teams have two good running backs these days,

Yes you can find running backs everywhere in the draft but just because you can doesn’t mean you do, pretty much every team drafts a running back every year between 4th round and UDFA and last time I checked every team doesn’t draft a kamara every year.

The team liked the player and felt he fit what they wanted to do, if they had him ranked top of there bored after watching 100s of hours of film then so be it they do much more work on this thing than us.

Let the kid play and see what happens. What ever your opinion non of us truly know if it was a good pick or not

Every pick is a bad pick if the Jags don't take who these board idiots want..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-30-2021, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:00 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: All you do is whine and moan about everything this team does. You’re TMD 2.0

Only when they do something wrong...which is unfortunately almost always. We better pray Trevor Lawrence is indeed the savior because he is going to have to carry an extraordinarily heavily load.

Add weapons to help Lawrence...

Complains that Lawrence has too big a load to carry...

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 06:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

I love James Robinson, but Etienne is another Christian McCaffrey.  I like this pick a lot.

This is one good way to protect TL- give him a safety valve to get the ball out of his hands quickly.  I think having both Robinson and Etienne means we are planning to throw to our RBs a lot.  And Etienne can take it to the house on any play.

I love this pick. I cant wait to use the jags on madden 22. More importantly, we look to have an explosive potential on offense. Now I would draft defense the rest of the way. The offense line is decent and can be addressed along the way if needed to be. The wrs are nice. They just need to not drop ang balls like Conley did last season on third down.

I love everyone complaining. I would have went a different route but I trust the FO. No one knows how they have their draft board so stop with the "there was no value there".

You all just love to attack the team no matter what. You haven't even given it a chance. Is it 100% that the players you all want are going to be a star? I forget that a bunch of random posters on a message board would hit on every draft pick every year and have their team going 17-0. This isn't Madden.

If you want to throw in the white flag for the next few years already, then go ahead. There are 31 other teams you can go root for. I will give it a chance no matter what. Welcome to Duval, Travis!!

Thinking about this pick more I'm not thrilled but it's not terrible either. The clearly went for value over need since running back was one of few positions last year that was good. SInce a few other projected picks are out there I think the Jags are lower on them than expected becuase their positional value surely is higher than for a running back.

Then again, I'm not sure running back is the correct description of Etienne. Offensive weapon is more like it. I hope they'll be able to utilize him in the passing game.

(04-29-2021, 11:20 PM)enigma Wrote: With the 25th pick in the first round, our Jaguars select Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson.

Controversial pick, but he is a very explosive player.

Thoughts?

the wettest fart.

For all the elation we had over R1 P1, the slide of all the tackles (grape job, Mayock!), the glut of players available that both were at the top of the board at their position AND fit a need on the roster, and we took a luxury pick. Fans will expect him to run for 1K a season every season, and if he doesn't he'll be held in the same esteem that a lot here hold for guys like Chiasson, Alualu and Lewis.

Top that off with the neighborhood trustworthy sportspub was only open to 11, so we are trying to drag out the last of our beverages in hopes that we can catch P25, the "pick is in crawl" shows, but of course it's at a commercial or Rog isn't ready to take the stage, and they cut the TV.

By the time we get to the car, find the sports radio, the pick is already made, and I blasted a pretty good profanity at my dashboard.

I'll say this about our FO - They are who we thought they were. All doubts confirmed, a toddler could have made the Lawrence pick. 25 was the proving ground, and they just proved a whole bunch.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 08:10 AM by WingerDinger.)

(04-30-2021, 07:59 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I love this pick. I cant wait to use the jags on madden 22. More importantly,  we look to have an explosive potential  on offense. Now I would draft defense the rest of the way. The offense line is decent and can be addressed along the way if needed to be. The wrs are nice. They just need to not drop ang balls like Conley did last season on third down.

I haven't played Madden in 15 some years..

But I'm definitely gonna have to get a '21 copy..

Nothing wrong with a 1,2 punch at RB. Lawrence gets an offensive weapon that he is familiar with. Etienne is versatile. You'll see him line up at WR 4 or 5 in some formations to create mismatches. Robinson will still be a quality back.

Several quality players dropped out of the 1st round and can still be obtained.

Some of you guys complaining are a joke. You guys know more than these professional football guys? Why, because you've followed the team and know the roster better? I hope Meyer goes in to McD's today and tells you that you don't know how to flip your burgers or salt your fries.

I remember the success we had against NE in the AFC Championship game when we ran Corey Grant with Leonard Fournette in the backfield. If you keyed on Leonard, Corey’s speed could really burn you. Could the same happen with Robinson and Etienne in the same backfield? Would be tough to account for both.....plus Trevor could run if you pay no attention to him. That opens up things for Chark and Shenault.

(04-30-2021, 08:19 AM)burt1jason Wrote: I remember the success we had against NE in the AFC Championship game when we ran Corey Grant with Leonard Fournette in the backfield. If you keyed on Leonard, Corey’s speed could really burn you. Could the same happen with Robinson and Etienne in the same backfield? Would be tough to account for both.....plus Trevor could run if you pay no attention to him. That opens up things for Chark and Shenault.

This offense is going to keep defenses on their toes.. Weapons everywhere..

(04-30-2021, 08:08 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 07:59 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I love this pick. I cant wait to use the jags on madden 22. More importantly,  we look to have an explosive potential  on offense. Now I would draft defense the rest of the way. The offense line is decent and can be addressed along the way if needed to be. The wrs are nice. They just need to not drop ang balls like Conley did last season on third down.

I haven't played Madden in 15 some years..

But I'm definitely gonna have to get a '21 copy..

It should be a lot of fun to use the jags offense on madden after this draft. I cant wait for august when it comes out. Cant wait until september on sundays.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 08:27 AM by Mikey.)

(04-30-2021, 08:05 AM)IndestructibleJag Wrote: I love everyone complaining. I would have went a different route but I trust the FO. No one knows how they have their draft board so stop with the "there was no value there".

You all just love to attack the team no matter what. You haven't even given it a chance. Is it 100% that the players you all want are going to be a star? I forget that a bunch of random posters on a message board would hit on every draft pick every year and have their team going 17-0. This isn't Madden.

If you want to throw in the white flag for the next few years already, then go ahead. There are 31 other teams you can go root for. I will give it a chance no matter what. Welcome to Duval, Travis!!

"In Gene Urbz We Trust"

(04-30-2021, 08:05 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Thinking about this pick more I'm not thrilled but it's not terrible either. The clearly went for value over need since running back was one of few positions last year that was good. SInce a few other projected picks are out there I think the Jags are lower on them than expected becuase their positional value surely is higher than for a running back.

Then again, I'm not sure running back is the correct description of Etienne. Offensive weapon is more like it. I hope they'll be able to utilize him in the passing game.

certainly, it COULD have been worse, but it's a headscratcher.

If we are planning to load up on the run game, we won't be winning a lot of 38-35 ballgames.

(04-30-2021, 08:23 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:05 AM)IndestructibleJag Wrote: I love everyone complaining. I would have went a different route but I trust the FO. No one knows how they have their draft board so stop with the "there was no value there".

"In Gene Urbz We Trust"

(04-30-2021, 08:05 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Thinking about this pick more I'm not thrilled but it's not terrible either. The clearly went for value over need since running back was one of few positions last year that was good. SInce a few other projected picks are out there I think the Jags are lower on them than expected becuase their positional value surely is higher than for a running back.

certainly, it COULD have been worse, but it's a headscratcher.

If we are planning to load up on the run game, we won't be winning a lot of 38-35 ballgames.

Etienne will be as much of a pass catcher as he will be a runner.  

It's not a head scratcher.  We want TL to be able to get the ball out on time.  One great way to do that is to throw to the backs.  If we want to use the backs for running and receiving, we need more than just James Robinson.  He can't carry that load by himself.

(04-30-2021, 06:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I love James Robinson, but Etienne is another Christian McCaffrey.  I like this pick a lot.

This is one good way to protect TL- give him a safety valve to get the ball out of his hands quickly.  I think having both Robinson and Etienne means we are planning to throw to our RBs a lot.  And Etienne can take it to the house on any play.

Not sure about that. McCaffery appears more explosive to me. Has an insane 6.57 3 cone. (Etienne decline to run it)

At Stanford McCaffery was an all purpose guy (running, receiving, kick and punt return) who excelled in all phases. Etienne was primarily just a run guy with some passes thrown in.

The thing that excites me most about the pick, is the crazy mismatches we can put together with Shenault and Etienne in the game. The opposition isn’t going to have a clue what we’re doing half the time.

I’m surprised that people are still looking at Etienne as a replacement/spell back for Robinson. That’s absolutely not how Meyer intends to use him at all.