Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Day 3 at the draft

Ok....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

...fine...

"Struggles to find ball"...nice

Doesn't always find the football?!? Great. We've redrafted Taven Bryan!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 12:14 PM by Sibelius.)

Tufele - I like it!

I like the description of 'destructive" tho.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Are we staying in a 4-3 defense or switching to the 3-4? An undersized DT really don’t make sense if we’re switching to a 3-4.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Another Alu?

Again.... not a bad pick, but considering Twyman and Nixon were still on the board and they are far superior pass rushers, not a good pick either.

I honestly believe now that every remaining Jaguars pick for the draft will be random head scratchers.

(05-01-2021, 12:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Doesn't always find the football?!?  Great.  We've redrafted Taven Bryan!

Haha that's exactly what I thought!!!

But at least it's a fourth round pick and not a first round pick.

(05-01-2021, 12:00 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:56 AM)Jagulars Wrote: Possibly a RT today to compete with Taylor?  At least security in case Taylor shows no improvements in his 2nd season.

If we can find a good OT after we get a DT/DE, TE, I'm good with that. OL guys get injured - I'd love more depth.

Good luck with that. All the really good OT's have been chosen.

(05-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Are we staying in a 4-3 defense or switching to the 3-4? An undersized DT really don’t make sense if we’re switching to a 3-4.

We'll be mostly playing 4-3. Meyer confirmed that yesterday. 

It will be 3-4 in base but base isn't so common.

(05-01-2021, 11:38 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Guys... what is everyone's confidence level with Urban and Trent's drafting thus far? I mean, I love the first two picks, and I am a big supporter of Urban. But... I'm just not very confident at this point that Urban is following through with a mastermind plan. If you ask me, the second and third round picks appear to be a little amateur. I'm not trying to prematurely judge, it just seems a little desperate and simple. I hope I'm wrong, and Urban proves to be the genius we all want him to be.

What does everyone on this board think?

Apparently our new draft strategy prioritizes fast dudes with poor fundamentals and/or severe injuries, so I'm right there with you.  Urban better be a hell of a coach.

(05-01-2021, 12:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Again.... not a bad pick, but considering Twyman and Nixon were still on the board and they are far superior pass rushers, not a good pick either.

Same. Also liked Togiai, Bobby Brown, Shelvin, and Tonga more. Granted, they're all pretty bunched up but he was my least favorite of this large tier.

(05-01-2021, 12:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Again.... not a bad pick, but considering Twyman and Nixon were still on the board and they are far superior pass rushers, not a good pick either.

I would have preferred Nixon as well, but at least they picked someone for a position of need who hasn't previously been crippled.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 12:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(05-01-2021, 12:14 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Are we staying in a 4-3 defense or switching to the 3-4? An undersized DT really don’t make sense if we’re switching to a 3-4.

Most likely moving to 3-4 DE can be 4-3 3 technique as well. He will likely switch back and forth.

(05-01-2021, 12:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:00 PM)Sibelius Wrote: If we can find a good OT after we get a DT/DE, TE, I'm good with that. OL guys get injured - I'd love more depth.

Good luck with that. All the really good OT's have been chosen.

Certainly we can find someone with a torn ACL to gamble on though.

Some of you guys should probably quit watching.
Football is supposed to be fun and it doesn't seem like you are having fun.

(05-01-2021, 12:18 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some of you guys should probably quit watching.  

I'm certainly not. That ended after the first pick, but I'm a glutton for punishment. Maybe that's why I'm a Jaguars' fan.

(05-01-2021, 12:18 PM)The Real MartyUr Wrote: Some of you guys should probably quit watching.  

If "having fun" means you have to be a fanboy, you may be right. 

Football should be fun but Urbs and Baalke are making it more frustrating than it should be.