Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(05-06-2021, 12:43 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 12:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Man I hope this isn't true. Clemsons offense was so bland. It just looked good because of Trevor.

I'm hoping that with Bevell and Schotty, they implement a lot more play action than in years past with some boot leg roll outs.

It comes down to how much Bevell listens to Schotty. Because if it is up to Schotty, we will be airing the ball out all over the field.

Interesting considering how conservative his father was.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Somebody tried to answer the question of how Etienne will be used...

https://sports.yahoo.com/does-travis-eti...03563.html

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 08:12 AM by Mikey.)

(05-06-2021, 02:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 02:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hardly. A guess is just something pulled out of thin air. This is a hypothesis based on facts. While it's definitely not 100%, if you take the facts into account, it's a likelihood that his role will be that of a 3rd down RB. With that said, the team has made many errors in my lifetime which went totally against conventional wisdom, so I guess anything is possible.

How much you want to bet you are waaaaaaay wrong here?  Pretty faulty 'hypothesis' in my opinion.  But I guess we'll see.  That's why...you know...I actually wait until they play games.  Or maybe even one game.

So now it's bad to express opinions (or shall we call them guesses?) on a message board? You are only guessing as well, nothing wrong with that.

Time to channel our inner Joe Friday and stick to just the facts, eh?

(05-06-2021, 03:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 01:49 PM)Mikey Wrote: @as long as we can schedule Wake, FSU, Syrupcubes, and the like, the Jags should be fine.@

not necessarily saying either is not talented, but pump the brakes on those expectations.

What's the expectations?  Do tell

Thinking that TLaw and Etienne are gonna post anything near 173 TD in 3 seasons maybe? The tweet was RIGHT there in the quoted post.

Do we really need a number to say either are damn good at what they do? No. If they aren't playing like gangbusters right outta the gate, you wanna bet there won't be eleventy billion "because jaguars" posts from the resident Eeyores around here?

(05-06-2021, 06:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 10:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: People don't have a problem with Etienne, it's how high he was drafted. We had an every down RB in Robinson who was/is good. We needed a 3rd down, complimentary RB. Guys like Michael Carter, Kenneth Gainwell and Chuba Hubbard could have been effective in this role and would've been chosen much later in the draft, thus allowing us to fill a real need with an elite player. Etienne is a very good RB. He was my #2 rated runner, but for the role he was gonna fill in this offense, I don't see much difference what he brings to the table and what one of the other guys I mentioned would've brought. On the other hand, we could've gotten a better player at another position that could've made a much bigger impact. This choice is in no way an indictment of Etienne, I am pretty sure everyone likes him as a player. It just that the position could've been addressed much later and just as effectively with someone else.

If you love a player you get him.  There is no guarantee ETN would of fallen out of the first round.  Do not forget that the team Drafted MJD when we still had Fred Taylor?

An interview about Travis Etienne:   https://www.jaguars.com/news/coaches-cor...is-etienne

Freddy was on the downward slope of his career, though. apples and octopi.

(05-07-2021, 08:07 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 02:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How much you want to bet you are waaaaaaay wrong here?  Pretty faulty 'hypothesis' in my opinion.  But I guess we'll see.  That's why...you know...I actually wait until they play games.  Or maybe even one game.

So now it's bad to express opinions (or shall we call them guesses?) on a message board? You are only guessing as well, nothing wrong with that.

(05-06-2021, 03:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What's the expectations?  Do tell

Thinking that TLaw and Etienne are gonna post anything near 173 TD in 3 seasons maybe? The tweet was RIGHT there in the quoted post.

Do we really need a number to say either are damn good at what they do? No. If they aren't playing like gangbusters right outta the gate, you wanna bet there won't be eleventy billion "because jaguars" posts from the resident Eeyores around here?

(05-06-2021, 06:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: If you love a player you get him.  There is no guarantee ETN would of fallen out of the first round.  Do not forget that the team Drafted MJD when we still had Fred Taylor?

An interview about Travis Etienne:   https://www.jaguars.com/news/coaches-cor...is-etienne

Did anywhere in my post say that I expect them to produce 173 TDs in 3 years?   Some are doubting most of the picks before these guys have even played a game, even though we have a new regime so it won't shock me if people freak out if we don't win week 1.  The only expectation I have is they are going to make this team better and compete for the division next year at the latest, although I think we have a chance at the division this year with all the additions we have made.

(05-07-2021, 01:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Somebody tried to answer the question of how Etienne will be used...

I'd personally like to see him primarily in a 1-2 punch tandem with Robinson, and secondarily (but significantly) in a package of plays designed to get him the ball in space.  The article seems to suggest as much to some degree.

If they can come up with a way to get them both (JR&ET) on the field in a two back set occasionally, I'd love to see that as well. Anything to keep defenses honest and make them work to cover all the targets.

(05-06-2021, 02:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How much you want to bet you are waaaaaaay wrong here?  Pretty faulty 'hypothesis' in my opinion.  But I guess we'll see.  That's why...you know...I actually wait until they play games.  Or maybe even one game.

Well, the post said "consider the facts" and then went on to lob a dubious opinion as if it were a fact, so...

Of course all opinions are welcome, but if you try to tell me your opinion is a fact, well, it's fair to expect some of what RicoTX is dishing out there. 

Long story long  -  none of us know what Urban Meyer is going to do with any of these players yet.

(05-07-2021, 12:28 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 12:43 PM)Dimson Wrote: It comes down to how much Bevell listens to Schotty. Because if it is up to Schotty, we will be airing the ball out all over the field.

Interesting considering how conservative his father was.

That is why he and Seattle parted ways. He wanted to throw the ball more than Carrol felt comfortable.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 08:55 AM by RicoTx.)

(05-06-2021, 03:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What's the expectations?  Do tell

(05-06-2021, 06:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: If you love a player you get him.  There is no guarantee ETN would of fallen out of the first round.  Do not forget that the team Drafted MJD when we still had Fred Taylor?

So wait, I can't question his 'hypothesis'?  Like somebody said, not sure who, this is a message board.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

16 pages of [BLEEP] and whining and we haven't even hit the rookie camp yet.

I guess it's traffic but, ugh it's hard to read.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-07-2021, 04:29 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: 16 pages of [BLEEP] and whining and we haven't even hit the rookie camp yet.

Then don't. Problem solved.

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 06:41 PM by Jag88.)

Robinson was a nice surprise last year but let him show that he's not a 1 year wonder. I cant wait to see this offense all together working together

(05-07-2021, 04:29 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: 16 pages of [BLEEP] and whining and we haven't even hit the rookie camp yet.

Yup.. I agree 100%
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021, 07:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

It wouldn't shock me if Etienne ends up being ROY. I think him and T Law will be in the running

(05-07-2021, 08:51 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 12:28 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Interesting considering how conservative his father was.

That is why he and Seattle parted ways. He wanted to throw the ball more than Carrol felt comfortable.

This I did NOT know.

(05-07-2021, 07:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It wouldn't shock me if Etienne ends up being ROY. I think him and T Law will be in the running

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-07-2021, 07:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 08:51 AM),Dimson Wrote: That is why he and Seattle parted ways. He wanted to throw the ball more than Carrol felt comfortable.

This I did NOT know.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...65154?s=19
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-07-2021, 10:30 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 07:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This I did NOT know.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...65154?s=19

Thank you for the confirmation.

(05-07-2021, 08:34 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-07-2021, 01:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Somebody tried to answer the question of how Etienne will be used...

I'd personally like to see him primarily in a 1-2 punch tandem with Robinson, and secondarily (but significantly) in a package of plays designed to get him the ball in space.  The article seems to suggest as much to some degree.

If they can come up with a way to get them both (JR&ET) on the field in a two back set occasionally, I'd love to see that as well. Anything to keep defenses honest and make them work to cover all the targets.

(05-07-2021, 08:07 AM)Mikey Wrote: So now it's bad to express opinions (or shall we call them guesses?) on a message board? You are only guessing as well, nothing wrong with that.

Well, the post said "consider the facts" and then went on to lob a dubious opinion as if it were a fact, so...

Of course all opinions are welcome, but if you try to tell me your opinion is a fact, well, it's fair to expect some of what RicoTX is dishing out there. 

Long story long  -  none of us know what Urban Meyer is going to do with any of these players yet.

I think we see both in a 2 back set with Viska in motion.  They can get very creative with some of the pieces

(05-07-2021, 07:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It wouldn't shock me if Etienne ends up being ROY. I think him and T Law will be in the running

3rd down backs don't win ROY. JRob had an outstanding season last year as the lead back and didn't win it, ETN isn't going to post even those numbers in his 3rd down/Scat back role next season.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-08-2021, 05:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

3rd down backs don't win ROY. JRob had an outstanding season last year as the lead back and didn't win it, ETN isn't going to post even those numbers in his 3rd down/Scat back role next season.

WHo is to say he will be a 3rd down back?  He could flat out beat out Robinson for the starting role.  I think ETN will be on the field much more than just 3rd down anyway.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-08-2021, 06:43 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 05:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 3rd down backs don't win ROY. JRob had an outstanding season last year as the lead back and didn't win it, ETN isn't going to post even those numbers in his 3rd down/Scat back role next season.

WHo is to say he will be a 3rd down back?  He could flat out beat out Robinson for the starting role.  I think ETN will be on the field much more than just 3rd down anyway.

I don't think he has the frame to have 20 touches a game. He's a 200 lb speed back, not a bell cow #1.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato