Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

one year deal, LET THE CLOWN SHOW BEGIN!!

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/ti...n-the-nfl/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-10-2021, 03:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:53 PM)Dimson Wrote: So what? You are a Jaguar fan, you should be used to it by now. Give him a shot, he might surprise some people.
Lol

So easy to spot the Gator homers.

I am a UVA fan for college, so maybe take your assumptions elsewhere.

Low risk, High reward...will definitely set Fanatics stock on fire. I don't hate the idea of him as a fullback.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-10-2021, 03:16 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Low risk, High reward...will definitely set Fanatics stock on fire. I don't hate the idea of him as a fullback.

Exactly. If he flames out, it's not like he's a high priced FA.

(05-10-2021, 03:16 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Low risk, High reward...will definitely set Fanatics stock on fire. I don't hate the idea of him as a fullback.
Whats the high reward some of you are speaking of?

3rd string TE? Man.... that's some high reward there.

To the Wells Fargo time?

(05-10-2021, 03:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Maybe they meant HIGH Reward.  Like they've been having some brownies, if you get what I'm saying.

Catching a single pass for positive yards the goal with Tebow if that?

In his prime, Tebow was slower than any TE that has come out of College the past 20 years. And now he's 34? LOL... you people

Medium risk; low reward. Seems like a huge waste of time and shows that the Jags are willing to sign an off the street/ high profile , past his career playing days, into a position he’s never even played, just because of his profile. F’n stupid honestly

QB controversy already

Lol

Urban Meyer is just so over his head it's astonishing. He is going to try to take the college mindset to the NFL - and it's going to be sad when the locker room spirals after 5 games.

Why are the Jags determined to be the joke of the NFL?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Question 

(05-10-2021, 03:13 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:09 PM)rufftime Wrote: I think we will look up in a few years and wonder how we managed to squander Lawrence’s rookie deal.

Indulging a college minded coach and giving him full roster control will be a huge reason.

Hopefully Urban is playing 5D chess, but I think he has no clue personally.

This is exactly what I expect to happen.  I have been against hiring Urban from the start.

How many "nfl" coaches have we hired and how has that turned out?

(05-10-2021, 03:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Urban Meyer is just so over his head it's astonishing. He is going to try to take the college mindset to the NFL - and it's going to be sad when the locker room spirals after 5 gameI miss Gus, is it that bad?
Not even Gus was this bad of a hire, that about sum it up? just asking, the meltdown that is already starting....

(05-10-2021, 03:25 PM)spmakros Wrote: Medium risk; low reward. Seems like a huge waste of time and shows that the Jags are willing to sign an off the street/ high profile , past his career playing days, into a position he’s never even played, just because of his profile. F’n stupid honestly

It's not because of his profile. It's because he's friends and neighbors with Urban Meyer. 

Feels like we really need a GM who will tell Urban "No" every once in a while. Instead of one who's be like "Yeah, do whatever you want as long as I get to draft a few players who tore their ACL's.  God I miss that so much."

Tebow is 34, never played Tight End, and refused to play it years ago when given the opportunity. I don't think it's a big risk, but I'm not a fan of these 'favor' signings as they appear to be.

It's so ridiculous to get all bent out of shape over someone who could be a third string or maybe shock all of you worry warts. No harm and could bring some positive surprise in the locker room. I'm not a tebow fanatic but I can see his value.

I wonder what Chris Leak is doing nowadays?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The "high reward" is if he can be a decent receiving TE who can help increase Trevor's options. If he gets a few hundreds yards and contributes in the endzone I am fine with it.

Different coaches/management, same stupid decisions. This franchise continues to be a laughing stock LOL.