Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 07:39 PM by Cleatwood.)

(05-18-2021, 04:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: McElroy spitting hard facts right here and he seen it first hand and up close.

Well, and this:

“Everyone’s saying ‘oh he’s finally doing what he should’ve done 10 years ago by switching to tight end.’ Y’all, we were with him on the Jets. They tried to switch him to tight end, he wasn’t good. That’s what you do in college. ‘Oh they’ll just use him as a Taysom Hill player.’ Tim ran a 4.8, Taysom Hill runs a 4.4. They’re just two totally different players. Tim is a good dude and I hope the best for him but it’s a sideshow. That’s what it will be come training camp time. I think it kind of undercuts, undermines what Urban Meyer is trying to build. I’m not saying… maybe he makes the team, maybe he doesn’t but it’s going to take away from the task at hand which is trying to put together the most competitive roster in camp.

“I’m sure there’s going to be players, as someone who’s gone through training camp with Tim, there’s going to be players rolling their eyes at how much attention the fourth or fifth string tight end gets. It’s going to piss people off. As a result, it’s going to affect locker room chemistry, like it did with us with the Jets. Not because there’s animosity towards Tim, but there’s animosity toward the coverage Tim receives. I think that’s a stupid move.”

LOL

He's probably just a 'hater'.
Look at McElroy PREACHIN!

The fact they tried to switch him to TE 8 years ago and he still sucked is saying something. But hey.... let’s make him a FB in a game that’s making the fullback non existent!

(05-18-2021, 02:37 PM)Jag88 Wrote: He will sell some tickets. There a lot of gator fans that will love this. Trust it
This is also a bad take.

Ticket sales are just fine after drafting Trevor and if that leads to wins, ticket sales will be even better.

You really want Tebow fans in the stands chanting Tebow after Trevor throws a pick?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't wait to start winning games to sell tickets instead of relying on folk heroes from yesterday.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021, 10:54 PM by I am Yoda.)

(05-18-2021, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: McElroy spitting hard facts right here and he seen it first hand and up close.

Well, and this:

“Everyone’s saying ‘oh he’s finally doing what he should’ve done 10 years ago by switching to tight end.’ Y’all, we were with him on the Jets. They tried to switch him to tight end, he wasn’t good. That’s what you do in college. ‘Oh they’ll just use him as a Taysom Hill player.’ Tim ran a 4.8, Taysom Hill runs a 4.4. They’re just two totally different players. Tim is a good dude and I hope the best for him but it’s a sideshow. That’s what it will be come training camp time. I think it kind of undercuts, undermines what Urban Meyer is trying to build. I’m not saying… maybe he makes the team, maybe he doesn’t but it’s going to take away from the task at hand which is trying to put together the most competitive roster in camp.

“I’m sure there’s going to be players, as someone who’s gone through training camp with Tim, there’s going to be players rolling their eyes at how much attention the fourth or fifth string tight end gets. It’s going to piss people off. As a result, it’s going to affect locker room chemistry, like it did with us with the Jets. Not because there’s animosity towards Tim, but there’s animosity toward the coverage Tim receives. I think that’s a stupid move.”

LOL

Probably.  Just a chump who couldn't play jealous of the shine another player who was better than him was getting.  And all he said was that some players felt a certain way about a guy getting coverage that outranked his perceived ability.  True enough.  But all those guys were chumps who couldn't play, either.  *Why don't they get to build their brand?*  *Why does he get to?*  Such a bunch of childish nonsense.  Most of the anonymous whiners were probably flotsam that got cut.  And the rest were bottom feeders on the Jets.  The Jets!  I bet it kills McElroy that Tebow is more well known as a broadcaster, too. Banana  I'll take Jeff Lageman's word over Greg McElroy's about team dynamics every time.

I don't want to be in the position of defending Tebow.  Was he a good NFL qb?  No.  Was he ever the answer for the Jags at qb1, 2, or 3?  No. (But was he really worse than anyone we've had since Garrard? Except maybe Minshew.)  Is he going to be the answer at TE?  No.  Could he be a contributor?  Very doubtful.  But the difference between me and the half dozen or so of you who keep whipping this dead horse is that I don't begrudge him one last shot at the NFL and it apparently galls you.  It doesn't bother me in the least that he's getting a shot (maybe) based on his relationship with Urban.

I do not care what fans of other teams think.  I do not care what the national sports media think.  Do not want their approval and do not need their respect.  We'll get respect when the Jaguars win on a consistent basis, when they rip victories away from the teams from the vaunted media megamarkets.  Why any of you would care to have the approval of fans and talking heads who know no more than you do (and in some cases less) from NY, Cleveland, Washington, Philadelphia, and LA, etc., is beyond me.  By and large, those cities' teams have been big piles of steaming mediocrity for a very long time.  (Except: Giants window during the Coughlin/Manning years.  Eagles good team for about 3 years under Pedersen.) But, hey, enjoy your Festivus while I'm enjoying all the good, new players and coaching staff we got.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I think Urban knows they aren't signing him, but they are letting the media keep this crazy show going. He's not even signed yet and ESPN is going bonkers and love to slam us.

I for one hope James OShauhhnessy gets a chance to start. When Minshew was hot, so was he. If he can stay healthy I would be ok with that. Keep Mannertz in to block, and see whT the rookie can do.

Tebow 9 years removed just doesn't do it for me. He doesn't have the freak athletic talent, and he's only 6'2 I think. I just can't see him being any kind of weapon.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/jaguars-...?ls=pftvod

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-19-2021, 01:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.nbcsports.com/video/jaguars-...?ls=pftvod

Ha!  Now if the Jags don't sign him it's because the media pressure made it happen.  Too funny.  A rumour that the media fed into a frenzy led to a rumour that he was days from signing (which didn't happen) and now that none of these media whipped rumours have proven true it's all because of the ridicule the media heaped on these rumours.

This whole frenzy has the feel of a Seinfeld episode.  "I'm walking out of here right now believing you paid $1000 for that jacket unless you tell me different!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7YF6_ODMdM

(05-18-2021, 10:52 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 04:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, and this:

LOL

Probably.  Just a chump who couldn't play jealous of the shine another player who was better than him was getting.  And all he said was that some players felt a certain way about a guy getting coverage that outranked his perceived ability.  True enough.  But all those guys were chumps who couldn't play, either.  *Why don't they get to build their brand?*  *Why does he get to?*  Such a bunch of childish nonsense.  Most of the anonymous whiners were probably flotsam that got cut.  And the rest were bottom feeders on the Jets.  The Jets!  I bet it kills McElroy that Tebow is more well known as a broadcaster, too. Banana  I'll take Jeff Lageman's word over Greg McElroy's about team dynamics every time.

I don't want to be in the position of defending Tebow.  Was he a good NFL qb?  No.  Was he ever the answer for the Jags at qb1, 2, or 3?  No. (But was he really worse than anyone we've had since Garrard?  Except maybe Minshew.)  Is he going to be the answer at TE?  No.  Could he be a contributor?  Very doubtful.  But the difference between me and the half dozen or so of you who keep whipping this dead horse is that I don't begrudge him one last shot at the NFL and it apparently galls you.  It doesn't bother me in the least that he's getting a shot (maybe) based on his relationship with Urban.

I do not care what fans of other teams think.  I do not care what the national sports media think.  Do not want their approval and do not need their respect.  We'll get respect when the Jaguars win on a consistent basis, when they rip victories away from the teams from the vaunted media megamarkets.  Why any of you would care to have the approval of fans and talking heads who know no more than you do (and in some cases less) from NY, Cleveland, Washington, Philadelphia, and LA, etc., is beyond me.  By and large, those cities' teams have been big piles of steaming mediocrity for a very long time.  (Except: Giants window during the Coughlin/Manning years.  Eagles good team for about 3 years under Pedersen.) But, hey, enjoy your Festivus while I'm enjoying all the good, new players and coaching staff we got.

You keep thinking what you want, if it makes you feel better.

It was a bad, bad, move even considering it.  But, whatever, I'm just one of your supposed 'haters'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 08:26 AM by Tank Commander.)

(05-18-2021, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 10:32 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: I'm not sure why they don't have him try out for fullback.  He's too short, slow and can't catch to be a tight end.
This is just getting sad.

"Let's make sure we find a random position for this has been QB."

Well, you're just going to have to get used to it.

(05-18-2021, 04:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 10:04 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Interesting short ESPNU/SiriusXM interview with Greg McElroy who was a teammate of Tim's on the Jets...

(listen to the audio link embedded in the article)
https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/jackso...ow-jaguars

McElroy spitting hard facts right here and he seen it first hand and up close.

McElroy was an NFL reject. Did he even win a playoff game?

Tebow actually doing anything good on the field for this football team would make this an amazing move. And I'd cheer it on effusively and incredulously.

Odds of that happening?

I think I'm more likely to win the lottery, be bitten by a shark, and get struck by lightning all in the same day.
If Oliver does anything worthy of a sidebar mention in Baltimore, this is going to be a major black eye for Meyer.
In fact, it probably already is.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2021, 08:31 AM by Tank Commander.)

Well, and this:

LOL

Sound's like McElroy's jealous and was "that guy".

Buttfumble Sanchez was the bigger problem and Prima Donna on the Jets.

(05-19-2021, 02:18 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(05-19-2021, 01:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.nbcsports.com/video/jaguars-...?ls=pftvod

Ha!  Now if the Jags don't sign him it's because the media pressure made it happen.  Too funny.  A rumour that the media fed into a frenzy led to a rumour that he was days from signing (which didn't happen) and now that none of these media whipped rumours have proven true it's all because of the ridicule the media heaped on these rumours.

This whole frenzy has the feel of a Seinfeld episode.  "I'm walking out of here right now believing you paid $1000 for that jacket unless you tell me different!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7YF6_ODMdM

I doubt Urban cares.  He drafted Trevor's buddy and brought in his boy, Luke Farrell.  He's building a winning culture and bringing in his guys whether people like it or not.

Well, he's building a culture anyway. Whether or not it's a winning one remains to be seen.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-18-2021, 10:52 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 04:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, and this:

LOL

I don't want to be in the position of defending Tebow.  Was he a good NFL qb?  No.  Was he ever the answer for the Jags at qb1, 2, or 3?  No. (But was he really worse than anyone we've had since Garrard?  Except maybe Minshew.)  Is he going to be the answer at TE?  No.  Could he be a contributor?  Very doubtful.  But the difference between me and the half dozen or so of you who keep whipping this dead horse is that I don't begrudge him one last shot at the NFL and it apparently galls you.  It doesn't bother me in the least that he's getting a shot (maybe) based on his relationship with Urban.

Amen brother.

This is why College fans and NFL fans really don't mix.

If the Jags are going to sign him, I would imagine it would need to happen before this next Monday, May 24th. It is the beginning of the full team OTAs.

(05-19-2021, 04:25 PM)ATLjag Wrote: If the Jags are going to sign him, I would imagine it would need to happen before this next Monday, May 24th.  It is the beginning of the full team OTAs.

Yeah, I'm starting to think (hope!) it doesn't happen afterall. No one but media types have said the signing was imminent.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-19-2021, 08:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tebow actually doing anything good on the field for this football team would make this an amazing move. And I'd cheer it on effusively and incredulously.

Odds of that happening?

I think I'm more likely to win the lottery, be bitten by a shark, and get struck by lightning all in the same day.
If Oliver does anything worthy of a sidebar mention in Baltimore, this is going to be a major black eye for Meyer.
In fact, it probably already is.

Good point. I bet all the guys bashing Oliver would love him back right about now.

I said it before, Meyer says he dislikes distractions but has created 2 big ones before training camp! I got an easy way to solve this whole Tebow deal.

1. Tebow is going to offer next to nothing for production on the field. Blocking 300lb strong men after being out of the game a decade is not going to happen.

2. Make Tebow Head Jaguar cheerleader! Assign him a Jersey and Captain Tebow can cheer the team to victory! Some tebow addicts will come to games just to watch him cheer!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-19-2021, 06:41 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I said it before, Meyer says he dislikes distractions but has created 2 big ones before training camp!   I got an easy way to solve this whole Tebow deal.

1. Tebow is going to offer next to nothing for production on the field. Blocking 300lb strong men after being out of the game a decade is not going to happen.

2. Make Tebow Head Jaguar cheerleader!  Assign him a Jersey and Captain Tebow can cheer the team to victory!  Some tebow addicts will come to games just to watch him cheer!

LOL. 
#2 is funny.

#2 is how I was starting to feel when everyone wanted Alex Smith. Mentor Mentor Mentor.

The talking heads keep saying he hasn’t made the team, he’s just being giving the chance to make the team. Ok Whatevs 

He ain’t making the 53 man roster. I view this like Minnesota when they gave Brock Lesnar a chance.

Bucky Brooks even said all the Jags have done this far is probably give him some gym shorts and a few Jags T-shirts. As of right now, Tebow hasn’t even signed a contract.

Imagine crying like some of you people when we just drafted a generational QB. Some of you will simply never be happy. Giving Tebow a chance at TE isn't going to hurt anybody. You may actually be surprised.

I don't see him making the team but if he does it won't be TE. His only shot is some type hback hybrid/emergency QB. A short yardage back, but we don't need that.

If teams still kept 3 QBs I'd be fine with him as a 3rd string QB.