Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Walker Little - Rd2, Pick 45

(05-03-2021, 03:43 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 03:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Am I a "scout"

I drink alcohol
I read mock drafts
I watch player highlights on youtube
I look at player ratings on Rivals.com
I sometimes look at HS records on maxprep.com
I read message boards of various NFL and College teams.
I offer my expert opinions on message boards and sometimes to my friends via text messaging.
I stayed at a Holiday Inn express.

That trumps everything !!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He'd better be good or else we're screwed! He's the only O-Lineman we drafted (including UDFA's.) We have a ton of expiring contracts on the O-Line after the season.

(05-03-2021, 04:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He'd better be good or else we're screwed! He's the only O-Lineman we drafted (including UDFA's.) We have a ton of expiring contracts on the O-Line after the season.

I'm wondering if we should make a run at a Charles Leno, Dennis Kelly, etc.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-03-2021, 04:13 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 04:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He'd better be good or else we're screwed! He's the only O-Lineman we drafted (including UDFA's.) We have a ton of expiring contracts on the O-Line after the season.

I'm wondering if we should make a run at a Charles Leno, Dennis Kelly, etc.

I honestly don't know how much better Kelly would be than what we have. As far as Leno, I would bring him in to compete at OG. Certainly not OT. I really don't understand the Bears. Jenkins is an excellent RT prospect, but they are moving him to LT. I don't see that working near as well. I think his upside on the left side is way lower than keeping him on the right side. He has pretty good feet for a RT, but on the left side you need very quick feet. It'll be interesting to see how he does. He should still be a slight upgrade over Leno. He never had the size and strength to handle the LT role.

All signs are sounding super positive for Little. I had a really good feeling about him when we drafted him, could be an incredible pick long term. Fingers crossed

I think Little and Cisco are going to be very good players, and excellent values in the draft.

I'm a "wait and see" type person. I had no information on the guy since he hasn't played in 2 years, so I have nothing to go off of. I sincerely hope he is at least good enough to replace Jawaan Taylor. That should be pretty easy, but until I see it, I just don't know. We need at least one upgrade at OT.

My second favorite pick behind Lawrence. I have a strong feeling we struck gold here just gotta be a little patient.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 08:32 AM by Jags32250.)

(04-30-2021, 08:10 PM)It TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Terrible pick! What kind of morons spend a high second rounder on an OT who hasn't played football in 2 years?

(05-20-2021, 08:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a "wait and see" type person. I had no information on the guy since he hasn't played in 2 years, so I have nothing to go off of. I sincerely hope he is at least good enough to replace Jawaan Taylor. That should be pretty easy, but until I see it, I just don't know. We need at least one upgrade at OT.

“Terrible pick” by the morons, yet you had nothing to go off of and are a wait and see type person? You should take a break from the keyboard.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 09:49 AM by scottyg.)

(05-20-2021, 08:31 AM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:10 PM)It TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Terrible pick! What kind of morons spend a high second rounder on an OT who hasn't played football in 2 years?

(05-20-2021, 08:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm a "wait and see" type person. I had no information on the guy since he hasn't played in 2 years, so I have nothing to go off of. I sincerely hope he is at least good enough to replace Jawaan Taylor. That should be pretty easy, but until I see it, I just don't know. We need at least one upgrade at OT.

“Terrible pick” by the morons, yet you had nothing to go off of and are a wait and see type person? You should take a break from the keyboard.

Yeah, O-Line, they finally drafted a tackle, and you really went off.  It wasn't a real good look for you.

(04-30-2021, 08:10 PM)It TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Terrible pick! What kind of morons spend a high second rounder on an OT who hasn't played football in 2 years?

Absolutely. I stand by that statement. It was a terrible pick, regardless of what he does on the field, because there wasn't enough information on him to make him that high of a selection. He hadn't played football in 2 years. How do you not get that? With that said, no one knows what kind of player he's gonna be since there was no game information to gather on him since he got injured 2 years ago. We're flying blind. We hope he'll be good, but we have no clue. We have to wait and see. It was a very risky selection since there were proven players at the same position when we picked at #33 that would've been smarter choices, since we actually had recent game tape to judge them on. 

How about you try and do some critical thinking before you start spouting off nonsense? It might make your brain hurt, but you'll sound smarter.

(05-20-2021, 09:48 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 08:31 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: “Terrible pick” by the morons, yet you had nothing to go off of and are a wait and see type person? You should take a break from the keyboard.

Yeah, O-Line, they finally drafted a tackle, and you really went off.  It wasn't a real good look for you.

How about you actually read what I wrote, before commenting on something you didn't understand? Let me spell it out for you. It was a bad pick, because we had no game day information on the guy for 2 years. There were smarter selections to be made at that point. Proven OT's with recent game tape were available at pick #33. That would have been the wiser choice. Now, we have a guy who we hope will be good, but we have no idea what we have, since he's been out of football for 2 years. I said it was a terrible "pick". I did not say he was a terrible player. I have no clue what kind of player he will be, since there was no game information on him for 2 years. Get it?

(05-20-2021, 10:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 09:48 AM)scottyg Wrote: Yeah, O-Line, they finally drafted a tackle, and you really went off.  It wasn't a real good look for you.

How about you actually read what I wrote, before commenting on something you didn't understand? Let me spell it out for you. It was a bad pick, because we had no game day information on the guy for 2 years. There were smarter selections to be made at that point. Proven OT's with recent game tape were available at pick #33. That would have been the wiser choice. Now, we have a guy who we hope will be good, but we have no idea what we have, since he's been out of football for 2 years. I said it was a terrible "pick". I did not say he was a terrible player. I have no clue what kind of player he will be, since there was no game information on him for 2 years. Get it?

It is only a bad pick if he doesn't work out. If he becomes an above average starter, it was a great pick.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-30-2021, 08:10 PM)It TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Terrible pick! What kind of morons spend a high second rounder on an OT who hasn't played football in 2 years?

I tried telling him multiple times pre draft that just because he hadn't seen him for two years doesn't mean front offices hadn't. He was still doing plenty of workouts and showcases (with absolutely glowing reports), and he was obviously healthy enough to run excellent 3 cone and SS times. Not sure why there was such a mental block for him.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 12:33 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(05-20-2021, 11:07 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 10:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: How about you actually read what I wrote, before commenting on something you didn't understand? Let me spell it out for you. It was a bad pick, because we had no game day information on the guy for 2 years. There were smarter selections to be made at that point. Proven OT's with recent game tape were available at pick #33. That would have been the wiser choice. Now, we have a guy who we hope will be good, but we have no idea what we have, since he's been out of football for 2 years. I said it was a terrible "pick". I did not say he was a terrible player. I have no clue what kind of player he will be, since there was no game information on him for 2 years. Get it?

It is only a bad pick if he doesn't work out. If he becomes an above average starter, it was a great pick.

It's a bad pick period, because we took a guy based on having no game play information on him for 2 years. If he does work out, it's a lucky pick. Not a good one.

(05-20-2021, 12:11 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 08:31 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: “Terrible pick” by the morons, yet you had nothing to go off of and are a wait and see type person? You should take a break from the keyboard.

I tried telling him multiple times pre draft that just because he hadn't seen him for two years doesn't mean front offices hadn't. He was still doing plenty of workouts and showcases (with absolutely glowing reports), and he was obviously healthy enough to run excellent 3 cone and SS times. Not sure why there was such a mental block for him.

They couldn't have, because he didn't play a down for 2 years. Workouts and showcases mean nothing. That's the "underwear olympics." There are tons of players who look good in workouts and are terrible when it's a game situation. 90% of evaluations should be based on game play. Period. Otherwise, you're just guessing.

(05-20-2021, 12:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 11:07 AM)Dimson Wrote: It is only a bad pick if he doesn't work out. If he becomes an above average starter, it was a great pick.

It's a bad pick period, because we took a guy based on having no game play information on him for 2 years. If he does work out, it's a lucky pick. Not a good one.

(05-20-2021, 12:11 PM)Upper Wrote: I tried telling him multiple times pre draft that just because he hadn't seen him for two years doesn't mean front offices hadn't. He was still doing plenty of workouts and showcases (with absolutely glowing reports), and he was obviously healthy enough to run excellent 3 cone and SS times. Not sure why there was such a mental block for him.

They couldn't have, because he didn't play a down for 2 years. Workouts and showcases mean nothing. That's the "underwear olympics." There are tons of players who look good in workouts and are terrible when it's a game situation. 90% of evaluations should be based on game play. Period. Otherwise, you're just guessing.

If you evaluate the player and make the pick, it isn't luck. It is a calculated risk.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Well it's a good thing we saw him in game situations too. The only question is if he is healthy, his talent wasn't a question. Once he proved he was healthy I don't get the hang up.

(05-20-2021, 12:11 PM)Upper Wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 04:53 PM by ATLjag.)

On Jags Happy Hour, Lageman is saying he believes Walker Little to be the best OT drafted by the Jags since Tony Boselli, once he knocks off a little rust...a true franchise left tackle. He went further to say Walker will be seen in 10 years from now to be the 2nd best draft pick from this draft.