Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-20-2021, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 12:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's not true because that time was from 11 years ago. That's not what he's running today.

Was that time on land or on water?

It would have been even faster, but he stopped to heal a leper standing near the third cone.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What's funny is a few on here want Tebow to fail. I wish all the players well.

This will be the most interesting preseason the Jags have ever had, amirite?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-20-2021, 01:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What's funny is a few on here want Tebow to fail.  I wish all the players well.

I don't want him to fail but I will say that if he makes this team, that says a lot about the severe deficiency we have at the TE position.

The fact of the matter is Tebow has very limited talent when competing at any sport on the professional level.

(05-20-2021, 01:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What's funny is a few on here want Tebow to fail.  I wish all the players well.

Some can also see he already failed miserably. 10 friggin years ago.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

If this was literally any other ex QB trying to make a comeback 8 years later, your tune would change drastically. But because you have a weird obsession with Tebow, you think he can magically help a team win when he hasn't played football in 8 years and has never played TE.

I'm not a fan of this move at all.. But it's hilarious seeing all the feelings he's hurtin' on this board lolololol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-20-2021, 01:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm not a fan of this move at all.. But it's hilarious seeing all the feelings he's hurtin' on this board lolololol

Amen, best of luck to him. I'm probably going to stop reading this thread. It'll be 900 pages long by the end of training camp.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 01:45 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-20-2021, 01:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm not a fan of this move at all.. But it's hilarious seeing all the feelings he's hurtin' on this board lolololol

He isn't hurting my feelings at all, or most of the others feelings.  I see a few that could fall into your category.

The decision to sign him is in question.  It just makes zero sense.  Any other current FA tight end has a better skillset.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-20-2021, 01:43 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:

Amen, best of luck to him. I'm probably going to stop reading this thread. It'll be 900 pages long by the end of training camp.

What?!? This thread has now reached Legendary status.. Just wait until it really starts sinkin in around here.. This is still initial reaction phase.. We already had someone trying to blame the Tebow FANS for the Jags giving him a contract.. Stick around.. Just watch lolol

(05-20-2021, 01:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

He isn't hurting my feelings at all, or most of the others feelings.  I see a few that could fall into your category.

The decision to sign him is in question.  It just makes zero sense.  Any other current FA tight end has a better skillset.

Best way to handle this is to feature Tebow prominently in preseason games. Expose his deficiencies or let him show out. That will make the decision whether or not to cut him obvious to UM, whose penchant for favoritism should be nipped in the bud.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(05-20-2021, 01:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
If this was literally any other ex QB trying to make a comeback 8 years later, your tune would change drastically. But because you have a weird obsession with Tebow, you think he can magically help a team win when he hasn't played football in 8 years and has never played TE.
I'd never want any Jag to fail regardless.  I don't know if he can help the team win or not, I'll wait to see how he looks in training camp

(05-20-2021, 01:46 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 01:43 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Amen, best of luck to him. I'm probably going to stop reading this thread. It'll be 900 pages long by the end of training camp.

What?!? This thread has now reached Legendary status.. Just wait until it really starts sinkin in around here.. This is still initial reaction phase.. We already had someone trying to blame the Tebow FANS for the Jags giving him a contract.. Stick around.. Just watch lolol

Just wait till he starts kicking [BLEEP] in training camp. I will laugh so hard. This thread will be a hundred pages....lol

(05-20-2021, 01:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

agreed.  Don't take my nihilism as hurt feelings.  It is just the battered fan syndrome in effect.  Why would the franchise do this?  Contrast it with the Giants Kelvin Benjamin deal. That is how you go out on a limb and it is a more transparent conversion.

This deal wrecks of gimmick play nonsense and quackery. There are already question marks about a first time head coach and this is your I'm smarter than you moment?  I wasn't questioning them blowing Trevor Lawrence development but this?  And as pointed out in the other thread, you make no trade and you keep the plucky backup in Gardner Minshew and then you thrown in this to the mix?

ugh #becausejaguars
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Watch this all just be a ploy to help lure Hard Knocks to Jax..

(05-20-2021, 01:56 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Watch this all just be a ploy to help lure Hard Knocks to Jax..

The Jags have to be the most compelling story this season for sure.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

They are talking about our jags a lot. Enjoy the hype even if you dont like the tebow thing. Who cares. This is way better than being ignored all the time!

HBO must be on the phone with Goodell and Khan right now. Hard Knocks in Jacksonville...

(05-20-2021, 02:16 PM)Jag88 Wrote: They are talking about our jags a lot. Enjoy the hype even if you dont like the tebow thing. Who cares. This is way better than being ignored all the time!

Any publicity is good publicity..

(05-20-2021, 01:54 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 01:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote: He isn't hurting my feelings at all, or most of the others feelings.  I see a few that could fall into your category.

agreed.  Don't take my nihilism as hurt feelings.  It is just the battered fan syndrome in effect.  Why would the franchise do this?  Contrast it with the Giants Kelvin Benjamin deal. That is how you go out on a limb and it is a more transparent conversion.

This deal wrecks of gimmick play nonsense and quackery. There are already question marks about a first time head coach and this is your I'm smarter than you moment?  I wasn't questioning them blowing Trevor Lawrence development but this?  And as pointed out in the other thread, you make no trade and you keep the plucky backup in Gardner Minshew and then you thrown in this to the mix?

ugh #becausejaguars

Minshew was kept because he couldn't be moved on draft day. I'm sure they'll try to move him in the preseason. I'd prefer to keep him over Beatherd.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt