Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

My opinion for what it’s worth as someone who has absolutely zero opinion on the bow.
I’m aware of tebows college career but never saw a game, I saw him struggle in the nfl, and it’s clear he was never going to develop into a nfl qb.

Rightly or wrongly the entire world is built up on networks of who you know and that gets everyone chances in all walks of life the nfl included, happens in the coaching circles across every team every year, and In turn bring players in they know and trust.

More than likely tebow doesn’t develop into even an average TE, but the same can be said for at least 10-15 players of the 90 man roster every year. He’s not taking up anyone’s spot who has a chance to make an nfl roster. It hurts absolutely nobody that he’s in the building, urban gives someone he is fond of one last chance ( many on this bored said he should convert to a TE when he was drafted) it makes the team some revenue and everyone moves there Seperate ways come the end of august and we focus on the season.

The only way it can possibly become an issue is if he is terrible and makes the 53, which I know is a nice story line for people who like to bash the team or don’t like urban, but there is no way you can become as successful as urban Mayer by making bad football decisions on that level. If he’s good enough he’ll play if he’s not he won’t.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 12:22 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-21-2021, 12:11 PM)Jagwired Wrote: It's hilarious that some of you clowns actually think that Timmy the snips skill level will have any factor in his being on the roster or not. UM has made clear to the team, the city, ownership and all that can see that it will not. What a failure Meyer is proving to be

He is literally 0-0 as an NFL HC and you are calling him a failure.

Nepotism plain and simple
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I can see why this board would be slightly elitist, after all you are a 12-win team... over the last three years.

Im with you, Tim and Urban.  Go Jags!

(05-21-2021, 12:24 PM)Pendragon Wrote: I can see why this board would be slightly elitist, after all you are a 12-win team... over the last three years.

And this move averts that exactly how?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-21-2021, 12:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:11 PM)Jagwired Wrote: It's hilarious that some of you clowns actually think that Timmy the snips skill level will have any factor in his being on the roster or not. UM has made clear to the team, the city, ownership and all that can see that it will not. What a failure Meyer is proving to be

Very observant of you. Unfortunately for the Jags Khan will give him 5-7 years to prove me right
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(05-21-2021, 12:24 PM)Pendragon Wrote: I can see why this board would be slightly elitist, after all you are a 12-win team... over the last three years.

Hey look!!! It's a Tebow Cultist! Just what we need.

(05-21-2021, 12:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He is literally 0-0 as an NFL HC and you are calling him a failure.

Very observant of you. Unfortunately for the Jags Khan will give him 5-7 years to prove me right

Meyer isn't built that way. If he feels he is a failure, he will resign long before 7 years
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-21-2021, 12:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Just another College coach in over his head that thinks he's the smartest person in the room. His arrogance would be comical if it weren't so sickening. He's never even seen the NFL at any point in his career yet believes he can do it better already. Ugh. What a failure.

I cannot believe the level of power they gave this quitter.

Because you know more about football than a coach that has won multiple football championships and a billionaire that is willing to pay for this coach ?

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 12:32 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-21-2021, 12:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

He's going to fail.. he's no where close to as intelligent as Nick Saban who also failed miserably... but Urban's twice as arrogant.

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)prime winner Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Just another College coach in over his head that thinks he's the smartest person in the room. His arrogance would be comical if it weren't so sickening. He's never even seen the NFL at any point in his career yet believes he can do it better already. Ugh. What a failure.

Because you know more about football than a coach that has won multiple football championships and a billionaire that is willing to pay for this coach ?

Apparently I do. As do most NFL fans, analysts and experts.

It's only idiot College fans that think he can succeed.

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Very observant of you. Unfortunately for the Jags Khan will give him 5-7 years to prove me right

Meyer isn't built that way. If he feels he is a failure, he will resign long before 7 years 7 losses

FTFY

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He is literally 0-0 as an NFL HC and you are calling him a failure.

He's going to fail.. he's no where close to as intelligent as Nick Saban who also failed miserably... but Urban's twice as arrogant.

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)prime winner Wrote: Because you know more about football than a coach that has won multiple football championships and a billionaire that is willing to pay for this coach ?

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)Dimson Wrote: Meyer isn't built that way. If he feels he is a failure, he will resign long before 7 years 7 losses

FTFY

Understood, carry on message board genius

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)prime winner Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:12 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Just another College coach in over his head that thinks he's the smartest person in the room. His arrogance would be comical if it weren't so sickening. He's never even seen the NFL at any point in his career yet believes he can do it better already. Ugh. What a failure.

Hahaha there is always someone dumb enough to say this  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-21-2021, 12:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

And this move averts that exactly how?

A long time ago I was at SEC media days and they were interviewing Coach Spurrier and they asked him, "Coach, how do you feel about all the players Georgia is returning this year?"

Spurrier answered, "Great!"  

The reporter said, "But aren't you worried about all that experience they will have on defense?"  

Spurrier responded, "Experience at what?  Losing?"

The point is, what the Jags have been doing isn't working (take out 2017 and, well...).  Urban and Tim are winners.  Trevor and Etienne are winners.  Tim is a guy who knows Urban, his system and his philosophy and can interact with other players in ways that the head coach can't.  In my opinion, Tim is here to help change the mentality, bring some excitement, increase ticket sales (three season tix for me if he makes the team), not because he is Kyle Pitts.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/tim...s-24-hours

(05-21-2021, 12:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)prime winner Wrote: Because you know more about football than a coach that has won multiple football championships and a billionaire that is willing to pay for this coach ?

Hahaha there is always someone dumb enough to say this  Laughing

Isn't that precious, you ride with TrivialBS ? You are a football genius as well? Well why are you flopping whoppers instead of making tons of money coaching/scouting? 

BTW, I don't care if Tebow makes the team or not, or if Urban is the coach in a few years. I want the Jags to succeed and I want to see Trevor light up the NFL for many years.

(05-21-2021, 12:45 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And this move averts that exactly how?

A long time ago I was at SEC media days and they were interviewing Coach Spurrier and they asked him, "Coach, how do you feel about all the players Georgia is returning this year?"

The reporter said, "But aren't you worried about all that experience they will have on defense?"  

The point is, what the Jags have been doing isn't working (take out 2017 and, well...).  Urban and Tim are winners.  Trevor and Etienne are winners.  Tim is a guy who knows Urban, his system and his philosophy and can interact with other players in ways that the head coach can't.  In my opinion, Tim is here to help change the mentality, bring some excitement, increase ticket sales (three season tix for me if he makes the team), not because he is Kyle Pitts.

Urbans record means nothing in the NFL. 

If you're only buying season tickets for Tebow, you have no business here. Carry on.

Tim isn't changing any mentality because he's a loser when it comes to the NFL. No one cares what you did in college.

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Very observant of you. Unfortunately for the Jags Khan will give him 5-7 years to prove me right

Meyer isn't built that way. If he feels he is a failure, he will resign long before 7 years

And this is the problem and why I am ticked off by this whole thing.  Meyer will eject and leave us with a smoldering wreck which will continue where we are as a franchise.  This team has 5 years total to be excited about and barely any player that is a lifetime Jaguar great.  In light of all that, we have a project for a head coach that is focusing on a winning culture while bringing in a project.

Sure, sure he is 0 and 0 but the franchise is not.  The owner's track record is to hitch his wagon to failure. With every subsequent disaster of a decision, I am more and more sour on there being success in our future.
  • Start off by hanging on to previous owner's cast offs
  • Make your first hire a guy that was given a blue print of a full rebuild that is never part of the NFL plan
  • Have your first Coach hire flame out in historic fashion while the GM claims it is built
  • Give the Head Coaching job to a guy in the building that the GM can live with
  • Luck into a once in a decade winning record and then Coach scared and lose in the AFC Title game
  • Resign the wrong players, bring in a nostalgia guy and break all the NFLPA rules you can
  • Find some way to justifying keeping the GM in this bizarre love triangle of overlapping blame
  • Ship off talented players for draft picks but keep the GM that said it was built but chased after bad QB play in a throwback Run first scheme where you never built a dominant offensive line
  • Finally wring out failure to get the first overall pick (Franchise First) but leave the overall Front Office in place minus the GM that said it was built
  • Bringing in the interim "GMs" friend and create some hybrid feel good winning culture guy
  • Luck into a generational talent QB but bring in a circus because the nice guy had success for you 13 years ago
Seriously but hey this time we are going to get it right because we can run some stupid jump pass or read option for the really nice guy. Stupid, so so so so so so stupid.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)Dimson Wrote: Meyer isn't built that way. If he feels he is a failure, he will resign long before 7 years 7 losses

FTFY

Saban didn't fail. He left because he didn't have full control over the roster. I don't blame him for leaving.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 01:02 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(05-21-2021, 12:47 PM)prime winner Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Hahaha there is always someone dumb enough to say this  Laughing

Isn't that precious, you ride with TrivialBS ? You are a football genius as well? Well why are you flopping whoppers instead of making tons of money coaching/scouting? 

BTW, I don't care if Tebow makes the team or not, or if Urban is the coach in a few years. I want the Jags to succeed and I want to see Trevor light up the NFL for many years.

Wow that is so original!

Why do you get so mad though?

Why has Meyer quit before??
Why has Tebow been out of the league for years? 
why has no one bother to sign Tebow all these years?
why did they Broncos gave up on him?
why did the Jets gave up on him?
Really? you are a Jags fan? so how come since this genius billionaire (Khan) became the owner this franchise has been garbage? the same billionaire who hired Caldwell, Mularkey, Bradley....
What happened to all those succesful College HCs who failed at the NFL?? why did they fail? why is Meyer one of the exceptions?

Bradley, Gene Smith, Mularkey, Caldwell are all geniuses since they have/had a job in the NFL and were/are making millions!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2021, 01:10 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-21-2021, 12:45 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And this move averts that exactly how?

How'd Spurrier make out in the NFL?

The HUUUUUUUUGE difference between our two number one picks and Timmy are they are a) young and b) have actually...you know...played their respective positions.

And, your last sentence is the EXACT issue.  You are not in any, way, shape or form a fan of THIS TEAM.  As are most of the others yahoos that this thing will bring on board.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So what did Tebow do within that time frame to make ANY team a winner?

For that matter, what did Tebow do WHEN HE WAS PLAYING-more than eight years ago to make any team a winner?  He had the one pass against cover zero to beat Pittsburgh, then got blitzed 45-10 the next week.  But make no mistake, the Denver defense carried that team.  Denver won once they moved on from Tebow.  New England won before kicking the tires on Tebow and after they shipped him off.  The Jets won the Super Bowl in 1969, and haven't won since, including when they kicked the tires on him.  In fact, they drafted at least two QBs high after getting rid of him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!