Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Well buckle up, cause he has a contract and he'll be here for at least through OTA's and preseason.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-26-2021, 08:29 AM)prime winner Wrote: All you Negative Nancy's that have been hand wringing this subject for more than 50 pages must be a real joy to be around in the real world.

Why, because one's opinion on this nonsense relates in any way to any other subject in life? Foolish.

(05-26-2021, 09:10 AM)prime winner Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 08:59 AM)Mikey Wrote: Do you have something to suggest as an alternate topic of discussion on the team section of the board?

You also understand that "(merged)" in the thread title implies that the one thread was not 50 pages of so-called hand wringing, but a number of smaller threads about various topics related to the workout, speculative signing, nepotism and the like?

Imagine how boring this place would be if none of the real joy to be around types weren't posting.

Yes, lets talk about having an awesome qb in Trevor Lawrence, or a coach that prefers winning over bologna sandwiches any ethical concerns that will derail the good news of TLAW.

Too much negativity around here when we have a huge positive to talk about. Get over it trolls, realists and be positive a sunshine pumper like us victims of Stockholm Syndrome nd stop acting like 21st century little....

FTFY.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Yahoo Sports: Were you a Tim Tebow fan as a kid? Is it at all strange to have him as a teammate as a position other than quarterback?

Lawrence: That was really when I started to get into watching football and college football, right when Tim Tebow was in his heyday at Florida. I played with him on all the NCAA games.

But no, I’d never met him before until last week. That was cool for me to get to meet him. You would have thought that our paths would have crossed at some point, but they just hadn’t. I just found that interesting.

The first thing that jumped out to me was the person. Just his character. What he brings to the locker room. A guy you want to be around. He just does things right. I think Coach Meyer and the staff knew that, bringing him on.

He’s been awesome so far. Just a hard worker. And he’s in great shape. It’s been cool to see, and obviously, it’s still really early and he’s still learning and just coming in a couple days later than some other guys for the install, so he’s just getting his feet wet. But man, he’s doing great.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yaho...wYCrmz73nM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

TLAW IS A GATOR HOMER!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-26-2021, 10:46 AM)Dimson Wrote: Yahoo Sports: Were you a Tim Tebow fan as a kid? Is it at all strange to have him as a teammate as a position other than quarterback?

Lawrence: That was really when I started to get into watching football and college football, right when Tim Tebow was in his heyday at Florida. I played with him on all the NCAA games.

But no, I’d never met him before until last week. That was cool for me to get to meet him. You would have thought that our paths would have crossed at some point, but they just hadn’t. I just found that interesting.

The first thing that jumped out to me was the person. Just his character. What he brings to the locker room. A guy you want to be around. He just does things right. I think Coach Meyer and the staff knew that, bringing him on.

He’s been awesome so far. Just a hard worker. And he’s in great shape. It’s been cool to see, and obviously, it’s still really early and he’s still learning and just coming in a couple days later than some other guys for the install, so he’s just getting his feet wet. But man, he’s doing great.

It's great to see our Star and Franchise Quarterback knows how to handle the media. Get the talking points, hit the talking points, say all the right things. That's leadership!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 11:46 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-26-2021, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 10:46 AM)Dimson Wrote: Yahoo Sports: Were you a Tim Tebow fan as a kid? Is it at all strange to have him as a teammate as a position other than quarterback?

It's great to see our Star and Franchise Quarterback knows how to handle the media. Get the talking points, hit the talking points, say all the right things. That's leadership!

You can tell he's always had the spotlight on him and he handles it very deftly. Good to see. I'd be upset if he said, "Man what's this washed up guy doing in my locker room?"

(05-26-2021, 11:45 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's great to see our Star and Franchise Quarterback knows how to handle the media. Get the talking points, hit the talking points, say all the right things. That's leadership!

You can tell he's always had the spotlight on him and he handles it very deftly. Good to see. I'd be upset if he said, "Man what's this washed up guy doing in my locker room?"

Exactly!

(05-26-2021, 09:10 AM)prime winner Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 08:59 AM)Mikey Wrote: Do you have something to suggest as an alternate topic of discussion on the team section of the board?

You also understand that "(merged)" in the thread title implies that the one thread was not 50 pages of so-called hand wringing, but a number of smaller threads about various topics related to the workout, speculative signing, nepotism and the like?

Imagine how boring this place would be if none of the real joy to be around types weren't posting.

Yes, lets talk about having an awesome qb in Trevor Lawrence, or a coach that prefers winning over bologna sandwiches. 

Too much negativity around here when we have a huge positive to talk about. Get over it trolls, be positive and stop acting like 21st century little....

OP: "Man, I still can't believe we landed TLaw!"
reply: "I know, me too!"
OP: "We should party some time!"
/thread

Wonder why those threads never get to 20 pages deep.

(05-26-2021, 11:45 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 11:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's great to see our Star and Franchise Quarterback knows how to handle the media. Get the talking points, hit the talking points, say all the right things. That's leadership!

"Can't wait to bounce a pass off his facemask" hahahah

Could you imagine the media running with that soundbyte? Holy moses.

I don't think TLaw was being disingenuous. I don't think anyone has said Timmah hasn't kept himself in shape, or that he isn't going to put the effort in to make it work. No idea whether it works out or not. But you're right, a well-trained franchise QB (and coach, and owner for that matter) should always praise individuals in public and criticize in private.

(05-26-2021, 09:31 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't like Tim Tebow, and I don't think Urb should have given him a contract, but at the same time, I think some people are making a mountain out of a molehill.  I don't think giving him a shot is going to hurt anything.  

I probably just triggered another 53 pages.

I like Tim.. I just don't think UM should have given him a contract..

Exactly. It just makes zero sense from a football perspective unless he's somehow shaved nearly a second off of his 40 time.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Devil-worshipping Tebow can learn a thing or two from TLaw about humility, and being a good leader, charitable person, and an upstanding citizen

(05-26-2021, 03:45 PM)jaglyn Wrote:

Devil-worshipping Tebow can learn a thing or two from TLaw about humility, and being a good leader, charitable person, and an upstanding citizen

Wow, let's not go too far...

The law has spoken so shut ya mouth already and quit hating on tebow haha

Wow. TLaw just rekt the Tebow haters.  
/popcorn on

(05-26-2021, 04:27 PM)Pendragon Wrote: Wow. TLaw just rekt the Tebow haters.  
/popcorn on

Yeah, by using standard teammate jargon.  What did you expect him to say?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He also said piss off to all the haters on the flippin message board. So there.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

When are some of you guys going to learn that every interview is rehearsed.

He’s in the best shape of his life, he’s working hard, getting his feet wet, ready for work everyday, great worker, wants to get this city a championship.

It’s all fanspeak and coach speak. It has become pointless. I wish they would find different questions to ask them.

(05-26-2021, 06:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: When are some of you guys going to learn that every interview is rehearsed.

He’s in the best shape of his life, he’s working hard, getting his feet wet, ready for work everyday, great worker, wants to get this city a championship.

It’s all fanspeak and coach speak. It has become pointless. I wish they would find different questions to ask them.

How do you know this? Trevor looks like a guy who will speak his mind. He fought for a college football season and he stands for racial equality. You don't do those things unless you have strong convictions and aren't afraid to speak your own mind.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-26-2021, 06:19 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 06:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: When are some of you guys going to learn that every interview is rehearsed.

How do you know this? Trevor looks like a guy who will speak his mind. He fought for a college football season and he stands for racial equality. You don't do those things unless you have strong convictions and aren't afraid to speak your own mind.

So you're saying he'd come in, as a rookie, and criticize a player?  Any player?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-26-2021, 06:19 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Lol Ok.

“Hey Trevor. What did you think of Tebow?”

“He’s a loser and I hate the signing when there are better tight ends out there.”

The media would have a FIELD DAY with that.

Like others have said, Trevor is a pro at answering questions like this. No reason for him to stir the pot so he says the right thing.