Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-28-2021, 01:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:26 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Wasn't that when Tyson Alualu stopped the Mighty Timmy Tebow short on a 4th down attempt?

I was more referring to the Tebow-ites swooning every time he entered the game and whining when he wasn't in the game.  I envision something very similar this year when he's gifted a roster position.

But yes, that game.

Lol, gifted a roster spot.  He won't be on the roster unless he earns.  Meyer is here for 1 thing, that's to win.  If Meyer doesn't feel Tebow can help us win he won't be on the roster

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: My ultimate question about Tebow is his route running.. That's my only hangup with him. Can he effectively run a TE route?

I think it's going to be below average at best -- rounded, lack of explosive release into a cut, etc.  

He'd be on the field to be an H Back -- for the formations he would be useful in, he needs to only be a threat to catch a wide-open release route.  When Tebow's in the backfield, the defense will put a spy right on him.  So the question is will there be play-action that makes it seem like a straight-ahead run, and instead they screen it out to the flat.  

It will be a "keep 'em honest" type of route.  The other times he's running routes (because the play is not designed to get the ball to him), he'll run a mushy one and the ball will only come his way on a blown coverage.

That might be the biggest positive in this whole adventure - Compare Tebow to any other backup TE on the roster - if any other backup is lined up, is the D gonna key on them?

Heck, if he draws the eyes of a defender or three, that may be the biggest asset we can ask for!

(05-28-2021, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I was more referring to the Tebow-ites swooning every time he entered the game and whining when he wasn't in the game.  I envision something very similar this year when he's gifted a roster position.

But yes, that game.

Lol, gifted a roster spot.  He won't be on the roster unless he earns.  Meyer is here for 1 thing, that's to win.  If Meyer doesn't feel Tebow can help us win he won't be on the roster

Every coach is there to win. That statement means nothing.  

You have no way of knowing or quantifying to what degree Meyer's favoritism factors into Tebow being in Jax - and eventually making the roster or not. 

You don't know. 

Tebow's time out of the league prior to now suggests Meyer's favoritism has already played a large role. Why would it not continue to play one?  More qualified candidates have already been passed over.

(05-28-2021, 01:35 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A question for the Tebow haters.  If he makes the team will he have any designed plays and will he take a snap week 1?

Why does someone who questions the merit of bringing him in or someone who values recency have to be labeled a hater?

I don't hate the dude, so I don't feel the question was directed my way.
It wasn't towards you.  Ricco thinks there is zero chance Tebow can earn a roster spot.  If Tebow is here Meyer gifted him the spot he thinks.  Regardless if you think he sucked at QB, talent with Tebow has never been a question.  Multiple teams would of signed him as a TE before he quit football but he didn't want to do it

(05-28-2021, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So the playoff game against the Patriots didn't matter then.  Gotcha.

That was his first year starting.  If they would of kept Tebow and let him learn behind Manning he would likely still be Denvers QB today.

If he showed that much promise, why were they in the market for fivehead?

...and before you say every dang team would want to bring in a fivehead, consider why teams like the Browns or Bills weren't chasing Tawmy last year.

(05-28-2021, 01:38 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I think it's going to be below average at best -- rounded, lack of explosive release into a cut, etc.  

He'd be on the field to be an H Back -- for the formations he would be useful in, he needs to only be a threat to catch a wide-open release route.  When Tebow's in the backfield, the defense will put a spy right on him.  So the question is will there be play-action that makes it seem like a straight-ahead run, and instead they screen it out to the flat.  

It will be a "keep 'em honest" type of route.  The other times he's running routes (because the play is not designed to get the ball to him), he'll run a mushy one and the ball will only come his way on a blown coverage.

That might be the biggest positive in this whole adventure - Compare Tebow to any other backup TE on the roster - if any other backup is lined up, is the D gonna key on them?

Heck, if he draws the eyes of a defender or three, that may be the biggest asset we can ask for!

three???

One would be enough.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 01:46 PM by Tank Commander.)

(05-28-2021, 01:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:52 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I think it's going to be below average at best -- rounded, lack of explosive release into a cut, etc.  

This is my thinking as well.. Tebow is a specimen, even at 33 years old, but what good is that going to do if he can't run a crisp and clean route? I mean, we all know he's not going to see CB 1 or 2 coverage, but the average DB would be able to cover him like a tarp if his routes aren't clean. If not, his only keys to success will have to be relyed on by mismatches, which in this case, there could be mismatches all over the field with these other players that we have with ETN, JRob and LS.. Could be mismatch hell..

Tebow has none of the attributes to be a successful tight-end.

Below average straight line speed for a tight end and won't be able to get separation.
Not tall or lengthy for a tight end (probably on the shorter side)
Kind of powers through everything which I think will mean he won't be a good pass catcher.
Most defensive ends could probably drop back and cover Tebow

If he's going to make his mark it will be at fullback or backup QB and shortyardage back.

(05-28-2021, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I was more referring to the Tebow-ites swooning every time he entered the game and whining when he wasn't in the game.  I envision something very similar this year when he's gifted a roster position.

But yes, that game.

If he doesn't make the roster they will slide him over to coach. It's a win win.

(05-28-2021, 01:44 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That was his first year starting.  If they would of kept Tebow and let him learn behind Manning he would likely still be Denvers QB today.

...and before you say every dang team would want to bring in a fivehead, consider why teams like the Browns or Bills weren't chasing Tawmy last year.

Come on man, Manning is one of the best QBs ever lol

(05-28-2021, 01:45 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:02 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This is my thinking as well.. Tebow is a specimen, even at 33 years old, but what good is that going to do if he can't run a crisp and clean route? I mean, we all know he's not going to see CB 1 or 2 coverage, but the average DB would be able to cover him like a tarp if his routes aren't clean. If not, his only keys to success will have to be relyed on by mismatches, which in this case, there could be mismatches all over the field with these other players that we have with ETN, JRob and LS.. Could be mismatch hell..

Tebow has none of the attributes to be a successful tight-end.

Below average straight line speed for a tight end and won't be able to get separation.
Not tall or lengthy for a tight end (probably on the shorter side)
Kind of powers through everything which I think will mean he won't be a good pass catcher.
Most defensive ends could probably drop back and cover Tebow

If he's going to make his mark it will be at fullback or backup QB and shortyardage back.

(05-28-2021, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, gifted a roster spot.  He won't be on the roster unless he earns.  Meyer is here for 1 thing, that's to win.  If Meyer doesn't feel Tebow can help us win he won't be on the roster

If he doesn't make the roster they will slide him over to coach. It's a win win.

And there you have it, the Tebow worshipers, what they REALLY want. They want him to play QB... good grief...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-28-2021, 01:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, gifted a roster spot.  He won't be on the roster unless he earns.  Meyer is here for 1 thing, that's to win.  If Meyer doesn't feel Tebow can help us win he won't be on the roster

Every coach is there to win. That statement means nothing.  

You have no way of knowing or quantifying to what degree Meyer's favoritism factors into Tebow being in Jax - and eventually making the roster or not. 

You don't know. 

Tebow's time out of the league prior to now suggests Meyer's favoritism has already played a large role. Why would it not continue to play one?  More qualified candidates have already been passed over.
You dont know, Tebow could of played TE before but he didn't want too.  We are lucky to have a guy that talented make the switch, it's good that he is friends with Meyer because he wouldn't do this for any other team

(05-28-2021, 01:44 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That was his first year starting.  If they would of kept Tebow and let him learn behind Manning he would likely still be Denvers QB today.

That's a racist term. Ridiculing someone's physical attribute.

(05-28-2021, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Every coach is there to win. That statement means nothing.  

You don't know. 

You dont know, Tebow could of played TE before but he didn't want too.  We are lucky to have a guy that talented make the switch, it's good that he is friends with Meyer because he wouldn't do this for any other team

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

"Tim Tebow catches two TD passes from Trevor Lawrence at OTAs" https://nypost.com/2021/05/28/tim-tebow-...-otas/amp/

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 02:15 PM by Mikey.)

(05-28-2021, 01:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:44 PM)Mikey Wrote: If he showed that much promise, why were they in the market for fivehead?

Come on man, Manning is one of the best QBs ever lol

....Tawmy isn't?

Why weren't teams like Cleveland or Buffalo making a bid for his services? Did Arizona try to bring Brady in?

I never said fivehead wasn't one of the best QBs ever. I also wasn't the one who said that if the team held onto the guy that Manning displaced, he'd still be their starter.

(05-28-2021, 01:59 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:44 PM)Mikey Wrote: If he showed that much promise, why were they in the market for fivehead?

That's a racist term. Ridiculing someone's physical attribute.

it's not racist. it's facist.

I'll wait till the mods speak to the matter before issuing my mea culpa, though.

(05-28-2021, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Every coach is there to win. That statement means nothing.  

You don't know. 

You're just making [BLEEP] up to suit your narrative. 

You think Tebow preferred taking a stab at minor league ball for a few years over being a TE in the NFL where, according to you, he supposedly had multiple offers to do so? 

Which teams offered Tebow a TE gig after he failed as a QB exactly? 

Having a coach bring in a retired player over a more qualified, younger candidate at the position doesn't make the Jags or their fans lucky. It makes the coach become scrutinized for making haphazard decisions.

TeeeeeeboW. Give em hell timmy bow : )

(05-28-2021, 02:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 01:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You dont know, Tebow could of played TE before but he didn't want too.  We are lucky to have a guy that talented make the switch, it's good that he is friends with Meyer because he wouldn't do this for any other team

You're just making [BLEEP] up to suit your narrative. 

You think Tebow preferred taking a stab at minor league ball for a few years over being a TE in the NFL where, according to you, he supposedly had multiple offers to do so? 

Having a coach bring in a retired player over a more qualified, younger candidate at the position doesn't make the Jags or their fans lucky. It makes the coach become scrutinized for making haphazard decisions.

I'm not making anything up.  You never seen the reports where multiple teams wanted Tebow to switch to TE but he declined?  Meyer doesn't give 2 [BLEEP] about being scrutinized if it helps the team.   If he doesn't help the team then he won't be on the roster.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 02:40 PM by RicoTx.)

https://sports.yahoo.com/tim-tebow-shows...18573.html

LOL...sound familiar?

"With other players, one practice rep wouldn't inspire takes about whether that player will fail or succeed in the NFL. With Tebow, overreactions are going to occur every time he takes a breath on the field.

(05-28-2021, 02:34 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 02:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You're just making [BLEEP] up to suit your narrative. 

I'm not making anything up.  You never seen the reports where multiple teams wanted Tebow to switch to TE but he declined?  Meyer doesn't give 2 [BLEEP] about being scrutinized if it helps the team.   If he doesn't help the team then he won't be on the roster.

Multiple teams thinking he should change to TE doesn't mean they were making offers to him.  LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

100 Pages by Training Camp
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-28-2021, 02:56 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: 100 Pages by Training Camp
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

And?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]