Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "I was wrong" thread

(06-02-2021, 12:31 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 11:09 AM)mikesez Wrote: Exactly.
Easy to say, wish it were easier to live by.

Why do you find it difficult to live by?

Don't you? Doesn't everybody? Wouldn't we all prefer yo do things per our existing habits and beliefs instead of learn something new from someone else?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-02-2021, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 01:43 PM)mikesez Wrote: That wasn't my intent at all but OK. 
My intent was to lower the temperature around here.

Lol, your intent was to get everyone else talking about what they were wrong about so you could in turn claim you were right about it. Then you just turned it into an "I can't believe how dumb you people are" rant.

You trying to make him quit the forum?

Again?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-02-2021, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 01:43 PM)mikesez Wrote: That wasn't my intent at all but OK. 
My intent was to lower the temperature around here.

Lol, your intent was to get everyone else talking about what they were wrong about so you could in turn claim you were right about it. Then you just turned it into an "I can't believe how dumb you people are" rant.

A few of you obliged and said things you were wrong about.  Did any of them get that type of reply from me?

(06-02-2021, 02:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, your intent was to get everyone else talking about what they were wrong about so you could in turn claim you were right about it. Then you just turned it into an "I can't believe how dumb you people are" rant.

A few of you obliged and said things you were wrong about.  Did any of them get that type of reply from me?

Of course not, because most folks saw through it and beat you to the punch.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-02-2021, 02:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 02:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: A few of you obliged and said things you were wrong about.  Did any of them get that type of reply from me?

Helen Keller with an assist from Stevie Wonder saw though this! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-02-2021, 02:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 02:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course not, because most folks saw through it and beat you to the punch.

Bwahahahahahahaha!  Well done and +1!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Hey! Long time reader, first time poster in this thread. I was just checking in to see if the OP ever admitted to what he was wrong about. Thanks, I’ll take your answer offline.

(06-02-2021, 07:31 PM)Jags Wrote: Hey! Long time reader, first time poster in this thread.  I was just checking in to see if the OP ever admitted to what he was wrong about.  Thanks, I’ll take your answer offline.

Well don't be just a lookie-loo.. grab a wiffle ball bat and swing away.. good stuff!!

(06-02-2021, 07:31 PM)Jags Wrote: Hey! Long time reader, first time poster in this thread.  I was just checking in to see if the OP ever admitted to what he was wrong about.  Thanks, I’ll take your answer offline.

Pansy.  Banana Get your hands dirty!

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 08:21 PM by Jags.)

Ha, lol at both of ya’ll.  But I know me.  And what I have to say will get me banned.  Something I’m working on personally.  You guys are doing a great job though .   I’ll learn from the masters. and an early Christmas gift to the both of you

(06-02-2021, 02:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 02:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: A few of you obliged and said things you were wrong about.  Did any of them get that type of reply from me?

You posted a sincere reply that you were wrong about estimating Covid deaths.
So I guess you didn't see through it.
And I didn't dunk on you for it.
Maybe my intentions were actually good.
In fact, I backed you up on an earlier thing you said about counting votes in GA.
You and bunny do love creating drama where none exists...

I can answer you online.  It was post #54.

(06-02-2021, 08:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 02:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Of course not, because most folks saw through it and beat you to the punch.

You posted a sincere reply that you were wrong about estimating Covid deaths.
So I guess you didn't see through it.
And I didn't dunk on you for it.
Maybe my intentions were actually good.
In fact, I backed you up on an earlier thing you said about counting votes in GA.
You and bunny do love creating drama where none exists...

Yep, I gave you the benefit of the doubt; then you turned around and lashed out, just as was expected. Because when you know the nature of the thing, you know of what it is capable.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-02-2021, 08:20 PM)Jags Wrote: Ha, lol at both of ya’ll.  But I know me.  And what I have to say will get me banned.  Something I’m working on personally.  You guys are doing a great job though .   I’ll learn from the masters. and an early Christmas gift to the both of you

Just remember, everyone here knows how to swear, but a lot of them have no common sense..

They can be easy to take down if you try  Ninja

(06-02-2021, 02:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 12:31 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Why do you find it difficult to live by?

Don't you? Doesn't everybody? Wouldn't we all prefer yo do things per our existing habits and beliefs instead of learn something new from someone else?

No, no and no.  It's a matter of self-confidence.  Those that have it aren't afraid of change.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(06-02-2021, 08:20 PM)Jags Wrote: Ha, lol at both of ya’ll.  But I know me.  And what I have to say will get me banned.  Something I’m working on personally.  You guys are doing a great job though .   I’ll learn from the masters. and an early Christmas gift to the both of you

We love you man!

(06-02-2021, 02:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 12:31 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Why do you find it difficult to live by?

Learning something new from others is about gaining perspective. Something all of us can benefit from.

(06-02-2021, 02:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Ray Charles mentioned it to me.   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 04:15 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

In the name of accuracy, I propose that MikeSez, JaguarKick and SeldomRite post all of their thoughts in this thread no matter what the topic.

(06-03-2021, 04:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In the name of accuracy, I propose that MikeSex, JaguarKick and SeldomRite post all of their thoughts in this thread no matter what the topic.

Great idea.. The thread can be sponsored by Monty Python..