Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "I was wrong" thread

Here's a thread where we can all get together and admit we've changed our minds about stuff, made predictions that didn't come true, or said things that were plain wrong, here on the most interesting forum of the least popular pro football team. I'll chime in with mine in a few days.  Anyone want to go first?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tradition dictates the author of the thread goes first, therefore I await your first admission.  Besides, you have so much more material to choose from.....
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I still think the election was stolen, but the more I learn about what Zuckerburg was doing, the more I wonder if all of this other stuff is just rabbit trails. Basically, I am wondering if that alone could account for the discrepancies that CLEARLY exist. It wouldn't take much of an algorithm to predict where you needed to put your money to best influence the election. I think it could have been simply that he gamed the system to get Biden in office. The sheer amount of money he put into swing cities blows my mind. No idea how this was legal.

What are you going to come clean on, Mikey? That the virus came from a lab in China?

I didn't think they could legally convict Derick Chauvin. I was wrong

I thought Biden would be dead by now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Just a quick addendum: He spent $47 per voter in swing blue areas, as opposed to roughly $5 per voter in red areas.

I thought Biden would be a bad president. He has been far worse than that.

The irony......

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 05:03 AM by The Real Marty.)

I thought that since Trump told so many obvious lies, his supporters would eventually see him for what he is.  I was wrong.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 07:20 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-26-2021, 05:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought that since Trump told so many obvious lies, his supporters would eventually see him for what he is.  I was wrong.

Don't worry Marty, I'm sure he will negotiate the US Marine hostage release in North Korea since foreign leaders don't speak to our president in name only.

(05-26-2021, 05:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought that since Trump told so many obvious lies, his supporters would eventually see him for what he is.  I was wrong

Must be hard to be so right all the time. How do you live among us plebes? 
Ought to tell you something about yourself when you can't find anything wrong you've thought in the last year. Plenty to choose from.

(05-26-2021, 07:48 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 05:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought that since Trump told so many obvious lies, his supporters would eventually see him for what he is.  I was wrong

Ought to tell you something about yourself when you can't find anything wrong you've thought in the last year. Plenty to choose from.

He had a personal hand in promoting everything that is wrong, so naturally he points fingers.

(05-26-2021, 07:48 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

But I gave you one.  I was wrong to overestimate the intelligence of Trump supporters.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 09:10 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'll reply with details if this thread ever applies to me.

This thread proves what's wrong with our current political climate.

I thought democrats had souls.. I was wrong..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-26-2021, 09:34 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I thought democrats had souls.. I was wrong..

I thought you could lump millions in a group together with one giant brush, without thinking of any nuance whatsoever.

I was wrong.  To be fair, I thought that when I was 19.
s
;

;

(05-26-2021, 09:46 AM)Norman Mushari Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 09:34 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I thought democrats had souls.. I was wrong..

I thought you could lump millions in a group together with one giant brush, without thinking of any nuance whatsoever.

I was wrong.  To be fair, I thought that when I was 19.

I did lump millions of them together.. meant every word of it too..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Anyone who votes Democrat at this point can't help but despise America whether they admit it or not.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I believed the Republicans when they said they'd accept the outcome of the election. I was wrong.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.