Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

[BLEEP], it's done nothing but rain here for close to three weeks. I feel like I never left Florida. I thought north Texas was supposed to be dry.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Someone is occasionally setting off fireworks in my neighborhood in the middle of the day. Not cheap little bottle rockets, but the expensive mortar style ones.

What a maroon.

When did Memorial Day become a day to set off fireworks? Why is this a thing?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-31-2021, 05:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [BLEEP], it's done nothing but rain here for close to three weeks.  I feel like I never left Florida.  I thought north Texas was supposed to be dry.

Some of that needs to come to central NC. We're dry as neck over here. Neighbor was mowing his yard to get rid of dandelions and he was kicking up clouds of dust.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 08:18 PM by homebiscuit.)

(05-31-2021, 07:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: When did Memorial Day become a day to set off fireworks? Why is this a thing?

When we have fireworks superstores around, expect NE Florida denizens to find any occasion to make noise and light.

(05-31-2021, 07:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 05:15 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [BLEEP], it's done nothing but rain here for close to three weeks.  I feel like I never left Florida.  I thought north Texas was supposed to be dry.

Some of that needs to come to central NC. We're dry as neck over here. Neighbor was mowing his yard to get rid of dandelions and he was kicking up clouds of dust.

Same here. We’re one dumb red neck moment away from having the air filled with wood smoke.

(05-31-2021, 08:16 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 07:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: When did Memorial Day become a day to set off fireworks? Why is this a thing?

When we have fireworks superstores around, expect NE Florida denizens to find any occasion to make noise and light.

(05-31-2021, 07:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Some of that needs to come to central NC. We're dry as neck over here. Neighbor was mowing his yard to get rid of dandelions and he was kicking up clouds of dust.

Same here. We’re one dumb red neck moment away from having the air filled with wood smoke.

Count me out.  I'm in Texas now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

5 more days until vacation it’s always the longest week right before vacation
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(05-31-2021, 08:56 PM)EricC85 Wrote: 5 more days until vacation it’s always the longest week right before vacation

Where ya headed?

Today I saw an older four door Dodge dually truck, the red neck version...... Modified to be a low rider. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Also I tangled with some poison oak at some point recently when doing yard work and that rash is itching like a mother trucker. Thankfully there is minimal coverage but what's there is quite miserable.

(06-01-2021, 03:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Today I saw an older four door Dodge dually truck, the red neck version...... Modified to be a low rider. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Also I tangled with some poison oak at some point recently when doing yard work and that rash is itching like a mother trucker. Thankfully there is minimal coverage but what's there is quite miserable.

That kinda reminds me of the time as a kid, maybe 12-14, something like that, our little group of friends had a run in with some kids a street over from us. They would ride their bikes down the street with their super soakers and squirt everyone and ride off, calling names and such.. We got even one day. Myself and a couple friends went to the woods next door, and one of my friends older brother pointed everything out to us, cause we didn't know what it looked like, but (with gloves on) we picked a bunch of poison oak and poison ivy and put it in a plastic bag.. Once we gathered up enough of it, we took it to the back yard, got an old cooking pot, lit a fire, put the poison oak and ivy in the pot, filled it with water and boiled it.. after it cooled and all the poison oil floated to the top, we filled up our water guns..

They didn't come back until the next day, but we still got them.. Right in their faces.. I ended up with a poison ivy rash on my hand, probably from filling up the water guns, but after that, we didn't see those kids for months and I wonder if they even knew what we did.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-01-2021, 03:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 03:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Today I saw an older four door Dodge dually truck, the red neck version...... Modified to be a low rider. I'm not sure what to make of it.

That kinda reminds me of the time as a kid, maybe 12-14, something like that, our little group of friends had a run in with some kids a street over from us. They would ride their bikes down the street with their super soakers and squirt everyone and ride off, calling names and such.. We got even one day. Myself and a couple friends went to the woods next door, and one of my friends older brother pointed everything out to us, cause we didn't know what it looked like, but (with gloves on) we picked a bunch of poison oak and poison ivy and put it in a plastic bag.. Once we gathered up enough of it, we took it to the back yard, got an old cooking pot, lit a fire, put the poison oak and ivy in the pot, filled it with water and boiled it.. after it cooled and all the poison oil floated to the top, we filled up our water guns..

They didn't come back until the next day, but we still got them.. Right in their faces.. I ended up with a poison ivy rash on my hand, probably from filling up the water guns, but after that, we didn't see those kids for months and I wonder if they even knew what we did.

I'd have killed somebody. Lol. That's clever though. Something to think about for personal protection. A water gun with poison oak tainted water. Mess with me and my property. I dare ya. Lol.

I've got some poison ivy/oak in my "back yard" on our property.  I usually rip it out of the trees with a skid steer and put it in the burn pile.  So far (knock on wood) we haven't had any contact with it and no effects from it.  I'm hoping that we get some rain this week so I can do some burning.  I have lots of brush/trees piled up that I need to get rid of.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-01-2021, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I've got some poison ivy/oak in my "back yard" on our property.  I usually rip it out of the trees with a skid steer and put it in the burn pile.  So far (knock on wood) we haven't had any contact with it and no effects from it.  I'm hoping that we get some rain this week so I can do some burning.  I have lots of brush/trees piled up that I need to get rid of.

Have you burned poison ivy/oak/sumac before? I've read that you shouldn't because the fumes from the burning oil can actually do damage to your lungs. My husband's uncle did it once and it jacked him up pretty bad for a bit. Wear an N95 mask if you have one. I assume that will help some. Might want to read up on that.

(06-01-2021, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I've got some poison ivy/oak in my "back yard" on our property.  I usually rip it out of the trees with a skid steer and put it in the burn pile.  So far (knock on wood) we haven't had any contact with it and no effects from it.  I'm hoping that we get some rain this week so I can do some burning.  I have lots of brush/trees piled up that I need to get rid of.

Have you burned poison ivy/oak/sumac before? I've read that you shouldn't because the fumes from the burning oil can actually do damage to your lungs. My husband's uncle did it once and it jacked him up pretty bad for a bit. Wear an N95 mask if you have one. I assume that will help some. Might want to read up on that.

I second this. Probably not a good idea.

(06-01-2021, 06:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Have you burned poison ivy/oak/sumac before? I've read that you shouldn't because the fumes from the burning oil can actually do damage to your lungs. My husband's uncle did it once and it jacked him up pretty bad for a bit. Wear an N95 mask if you have one. I assume that will help some. Might want to read up on that.

I second this. Probably not a good idea.

I third it.   Those oils can get into the lungs.  The oil doesn’t evaporate either.  You can use a hand tool and hit the stuff and even a year later touch the tool and get it. I’ve done much research on it after the last time I got it and have the scars to show for it.  Some people aren’t even allergic to it.  Lucky bastards

One of my friends, who just spent 5 years in prison, just got out on the 7th. Come to find out today, he got locked up again on the 25th. His old boss was kind enough to give him his old job back after 5 years but, he didn’t last 2 1/2 weeks before he got stupid again. He knew he was on parole and still blew it. I’m through with him. You can only put up with so much and you can only help to a point. After almost 50 years, I can honestly say that l’ve had enough
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Some don't know how to handle life on the outside. Usually they've been in longer than five years but it happens.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2021, 11:59 PM by The Drifter.)

(06-03-2021, 11:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Some don't know how to handle life on the outside. Usually they've been in longer than five years but it happens.

Americus, I've seen this man get in to, and out of trouble for the last almost 50 years. He's been in and out of Juvie hall/Jail since I've known him. Yeah, he manages to stay out of trouble for a for years but..... he always does something stupid to put him back in. Before the 5 years in a Maryland Prison, he spent 12 years in an Arkansas prison..... I'm just damn lucky I have not been caught up in his stupidity..... You can only take so much, and you can only help so much before you say the hell with it...... You can not say I that I have not been more than patient with him but damn....Too much is too much.....
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(06-03-2021, 11:57 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 11:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Some don't know how to handle life on the outside. Usually they've been in longer than five years but it happens.

Americus, I've seen this man get in to, and out of trouble for the last almost 50 years. He's been in and out of Juvie hall/Jail since I've known him. Yeah, he manages to stay out of trouble for a for years but..... he always does something stupid to put him back in. Before the 5 years in a Maryland Prison, he spent 12 years in an Arkansas prison..... I'm just damn lucky I have not been caught up in his stupidity..... You can only take so much, and you can only help so much before you say the hell with it...... You can not say I that I have not been more than patient with him but damn....Too much is too much.....

He’s been institutionalized.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Morgan Freeman is the man. 

https://youtu.be/jeMux1GjA7Y