Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(06-04-2021, 10:38 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 10:35 PM)captivating Wrote: What do the Walmart staff say to you when you do this?

Who says I have to go to walmart to do that?

Laughing 
[Image: 1677313316-8387d38abc7314311f816355f6d25f94.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-05-2021, 08:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.golfchannel.com/news/jon-rah...vid19-test

He most likely would have won. $1.674M into the wind.

(06-06-2021, 10:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 08:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.golfchannel.com/news/jon-rah...vid19-test

He most likely would have won. $1.674M into the wind.

The PGA Tour is operating on COVID protocols from 3 months ago.

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 11:30 AM by homebiscuit.)

(06-06-2021, 10:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 10:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He most likely would have won. $1.674M into the wind.

The PGA Tour is operating on COVID protocols from 3 months ago.

I suspect there will be some blowback from this. No one is masked at the event an he's been avoiding indoor gatherings. 

Reports also say it's unclear if he's fully vaccinated. If so, he can still test positive for the virus and not be symptomatic or contagious. If he isn't vaccinated, don't current CDC regulations say he can mask up and keep a six foot distance while outdoors?

My compliments for his response.

The COVID protocols the PGA Tour followed with Jon Rahm and what it means for Sunday at Memorial | Golf News and Tour Information | GolfDigest.com

(06-06-2021, 11:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 10:49 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The PGA Tour is operating on COVID protocols from 3 months ago.

I suspect there will be some blowback from this. No one is masked at the event an he's been avoiding indoor gatherings. 

Reports also say it's unclear if he's fully vaccinated. If so, he can still test positive for the virus and not be symptomatic or contagious. If he isn't vaccinated, don't current CDC regulations say he can mask up and keep a six foot distance while outdoors?

My compliments for his response.

The COVID protocols the PGA Tour followed with Jon Rahm and what it means for Sunday at Memorial | Golf News and Tour Information | GolfDigest.com

It took every ounce of himself to respond like this. He is a known hothead on tour as well, so I was a little surprised.

Having said that, I hope he finds a way to sue the tour and whomever eventually wins today should send half their winnings to him. A 6 shot lead is basically insurmountable, especially considering the chasers.

The fact that the PGA tests unvaccinated golfers daily is a constant reminder they jeopardize their playing status by not getting the vaccine. Pure stupidity by Jon did him in. Had he gotten the vaccine then they PGA would NOT have tested him !!!

(06-06-2021, 02:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The fact that the PGA tests unvaccinated golfers daily is a constant reminder they jeopardize their playing status by not getting the vaccine.  Pure stupidity by Jon did him in.   Had he gotten the vaccine then they PGA would NOT have tested him !!!

Maybe he just doesn't want to get a vaccine that isn't approved by the FDA.

(06-06-2021, 03:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 02:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The fact that the PGA tests unvaccinated golfers daily is a constant reminder they jeopardize their playing status by not getting the vaccine.  Pure stupidity by Jon did him in.   Had he gotten the vaccine then they PGA would NOT have tested him !!!

It does have that whole 'Jonestown Kool-aid' vibe to it..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-06-2021, 03:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 03:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Maybe he just doesn't want to get a vaccine that isn't approved by the FDA.

It does have that whole 'Jonestown Kool-aid' vibe to it..

The coronabros are out of control. If you are bored and need some entertainment, read the FB comments on the cruise line ads.

What business is it of the PGA or any other organization/company whether or not a person has a certain vaccine?  That's a health issue that should be private.  So he got the wuhu flu, what's the big deal?  He should have been allowed to finish the tournament if he felt fine enough to play.  If the democrats around him were scared to catch the China virus they could have put 3 masks on and stayed 12 ft. away from him.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-06-2021, 03:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

What business is it of the PGA or any other organization/company whether or not a person has a certain vaccine?  That's a health issue that should be private.  So he got the wuhu flu, what's the big deal?  He should have been allowed to finish the tournament if he felt fine enough to play.  If the democrats around him were scared to catch the China virus they could have put 3 masks on and stayed 12 ft. away from him.

Not sure what the problem is.  The PGA is trying to protect the sport. Any tests positive...regardless of where they are on the leaderboard, has to withdraw.

If he had the vaccine, he wouldn't be tested. He doesn't need to take the vaccine, but then needs to be tested.  Nothing unreasonable in that at all.

if a person has had covid and has antibodies, WHY would they ever get the vaccine?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-06-2021, 04:31 PM)captivating Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 03:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: What business is it of the PGA or any other organization/company whether or not a person has a certain vaccine?  That's a health issue that should be private.  So he got the wuhu flu, what's the big deal?  He should have been allowed to finish the tournament if he felt fine enough to play.  If the democrats around him were scared to catch the China virus they could have put 3 masks on and stayed 12 ft. away from him.

Not sure what the problem is.  The PGA is trying to protect the sport. Any tests positive...regardless of where they are on the leaderboard, has to withdraw.

If he had the vaccine, he wouldn't be tested. He doesn't need to take the vaccine, but then needs to be tested.  Nothing unreasonable in that at all.

I am still amazed at the rights people are willing to give up around this topic. Free thinkers can see this is all part of an eventual bigger picture

(06-07-2021, 11:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 04:31 PM)captivating Wrote: Not sure what the problem is.  The PGA is trying to protect the sport. Any tests positive...regardless of where they are on the leaderboard, has to withdraw.

I am still amazed at the rights people are willing to give up around this topic. Free thinkers can see this is all part of an eventual bigger picture

No one has any right to compete on the PGA Tour or the right to compete outside of the rules established by the PGA Tour and its governing bodies.

(06-07-2021, 11:42 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 11:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I am still amazed at the rights people are willing to give up around this topic. Free thinkers can see this is all part of an eventual bigger picture

No one has any right to compete on the PGA Tour or the right to compete outside of the rules established by the PGA Tour and its governing bodies.

I was referring to HIPPA.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 12:16 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(06-06-2021, 04:31 PM)captivating Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 03:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: What business is it of the PGA or any other organization/company whether or not a person has a certain vaccine?  That's a health issue that should be private.  So he got the wuhu flu, what's the big deal?  He should have been allowed to finish the tournament if he felt fine enough to play.  If the democrats around him were scared to catch the China virus they could have put 3 masks on and stayed 12 ft. away from him.

Yes, let's all do as the Chinese want us to do.

I seriously cannot wait until you and your family are in Chinese Concentration Camps.

EDIT: Oh wait, you'd expect the STRONG in your country to stand up and protect and defend you. Screw you weaklings.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 06:25 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-06-2021, 03:18 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

...  and maybe he just wants to accept the PGA Policy and miss out on $1.7 million dollars if he tests positive.  Their Policy is very clear.

On a similar note, many countries are mandating a Covid test upon arrival if you are not fully vaccinated.  If one tests positive, they must quarantine for 14 days.  If I'm traveling, there is no way I'd risk the possibility of placing myself or my family in quarantine when we could have just gotten vaccinated to alleviate any such risk.  People make decisions based on risk/reward but nevertheless, must comply with the regulations set forth by those countries and companies that have the power to set such policies.  Another example are universities and corporations mandating the vaccine prior to students and workers returning to campus and offices respectively.

(06-07-2021, 11:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-07-2021, 11:42 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: No one has any right to compete on the PGA Tour or the right to compete outside of the rules established by the PGA Tour and its governing bodies.

I was referring to HIPPA.

What does that have to do with anything?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-07-2021, 11:22 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I am still amazed at the rights people are willing to give up around this topic. Free thinkers can see this is all part of an eventual bigger picture

What is the difference between this and the fact that I had to show proof of certain vaccines for my kids prior to our local public school allowing them enroll in their school.  Do I just tell Ponte Vedra High School that it is none of their business whether my kid had a polio vaccine or not?  If I do, they have the right to reject admittance.  Rules are Rules.