Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

My condolences, JIB. Truly.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am truly sorry to hear that. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss JIB. That's terrible.

Dang it JIB. So sorry to hear that news.

Sorry man, that's awful.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-29-2021, 06:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm not going to say that it was the cause, but my oldest son at 41 years of age passed away suddenly in early May of cardiac arrest.  Although he was a smoker, he didn't drink, didn't do drugs and was in reasonably good health.  He was not overweight and ate a normal healthy diet.  He did get the vaccine a few weeks prior to his passing.  All the ME said was that the cause of death was cardiac arrest.  Their report did note inflammation around the heart.  He had no history of heart problems.

After receiving my second dose of the vaccine I got very sick the next day (aches, fever, etc.).  I noticed for a few weeks after getting the vaccine that sometimes I would get so tired up to the point where I didn't even have the energy to take the trash out or do much of anything.

For me, getting another shot for the China virus is out of the question.  I'll take my chances and hope that if I catch it I don't end up in the hospital on a ventilator (very rare occurrence for people in my age group).  My friend and his wife, both older than me got the China virus and got through it just fine at their home.

Sigh... that's terrible... No parent should outlive a child.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccination higher in military population than expected, study finds

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-30-2021, 03:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Myocarditis after COVID-19 vaccination higher in military population than expected, study finds

23 cases, more than expected, but still a small number in context.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Very sorry to hear that JIB. My condolences, sir. No parent should have to go through that. Thoughts and prayers.

(06-29-2021, 05:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Scared of a little needle -- the new Woke II Generation has arrived.

Scared of people that refused to bend the knee to the needle? Really, how effective is that needle?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2021, 09:13 PM by copycat.)

(06-29-2021, 06:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm not going to say that it was the cause, but my oldest son at 41 years of age passed away suddenly in early May of cardiac arrest.  Although he was a smoker, he didn't drink, didn't do drugs and was in reasonably good health.  He was not overweight and ate a normal healthy diet.  He did get the vaccine a few weeks prior to his passing.  All the ME said was that the cause of death was cardiac arrest.  Their report did note inflammation around the heart.  He had no history of heart problems.

After receiving my second dose of the vaccine I got very sick the next day (aches, fever, etc.).  I noticed for a few weeks after getting the vaccine that sometimes I would get so tired up to the point where I didn't even have the energy to take the trash out or do much of anything.

For me, getting another shot for the China virus is out of the question.  I'll take my chances and hope that if I catch it I don't end up in the hospital on a ventilator (very rare occurrence for people in my age group).  My friend and his wife, both older than me got the China virus and got through it just fine at their home.
My condolences JIB, may you and yours find peace.  I cannot imagine what you are going through.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-30-2021, 09:06 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 05:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Scared of a little needle -- the new Woke II Generation has arrived.

Scared of people that refused to bend the knee to the needle? Really, how effective is that needle?

90 to 94% at 14 days after the last dose.

(07-01-2021, 06:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 09:06 PM)copycat Wrote: Scared of people that refused to bend the knee to the needle? Really, how effective is that needle?

Then why the angst over people that refuse to get the vaccine?

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 01:09 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-01-2021, 08:11 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 06:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 90 to 94% at 14 days after the last dose.

It's like when two people are about to do something crazy and say "we both jump on 3", and one of the people doesn't jump. Naturally, the one who jumped isn't happy.

COVID-19 Outbreak in Israel, Fully Vaccinated Individuals Make Up 50% of Infected Adults

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

https://www.visiontimes.com/2021/06/30/c...nated.html
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-01-2021, 08:11 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 06:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 90 to 94% at 14 days after the last dose.

10% of 7 Billion people is a [BLEEP] ton of people, if every person gets vaccinated we still have 6 or 700 million people for whom it did not work.

We know everyone won't get the vaccine as nearly 1 in 4 Americans have flat refused, so extrapolate that out to the global population (though most other countries aren't as full of pig-headed people as we are) and we have an upper estimate of 1.75 billion who don't get vaccinated at all.

We also have to consider a percentage of the population who cannot be vaccinated because of allergies or other proscriptions, at about 1% that's another ton of people.

So, yes, it's a huge number of people.

(07-01-2021, 12:54 PM)Ronster Wrote: COVID-19 Outbreak in Israel, Fully Vaccinated Individuals Make Up 50% of Infected Adults

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

And you're excited about this? Seriously, you're bent.

But what's your take on the data, FSG? If 50% of newly infected patients have the vaccine, why should anyone bother? I just skimmed the article, but I wanted to compare death and hospitalization rates, since that's what's really important. I didn't see what I was looking for.

(07-01-2021, 01:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 08:11 AM)copycat Wrote: Then why the angst over people that refuse to get the vaccine?

10% of 7 Billion people is a [BLEEP] ton of people, if every person gets vaccinated we still have 6 or 700 million people for whom it did not work.

We know everyone won't get the vaccine as nearly 1 in 4 Americans have flat refused, so extrapolate that out to the global population (though most other countries aren't as full of pig-headed people as we are) and we have an upper estimate of 1.75 billion who don't get vaccinated at all.

We also have to consider a percentage of the population who cannot be vaccinated because of allergies or other proscriptions, at about 1% that's another ton of people.

So, yes, it's a huge number of people.

(07-01-2021, 12:54 PM)Ronster Wrote: COVID-19 Outbreak in Israel, Fully Vaccinated Individuals Make Up 50% of Infected Adults

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

And you're excited about this? Seriously, you're bent.

I laugh at all the people that trust their governments and the people the rushed creation of this so called vaccine. I DO THINK ITS FUNNY. I think for myself and the more I think about it, the more I like the way I think. lol... I'm convinced I am a freaking genius.

(07-01-2021, 06:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 09:06 PM)copycat Wrote: Scared of people that refused to bend the knee to the needle? Really, how effective is that needle?

The 90, 95, or whatever they claim isn't the real number. If you had a less than 1%, most people had a really low % to begin with, chance of being affected then the vaccine's real % is how many of those <1% where then stopped from having issues. The real % is <1%. From all the side affects its basically equal chance the vaccine will stop some covid issue or give you a lasting side affect.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(07-01-2021, 02:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: But what's your take on the data, FSG? If 50% of newly infected patients have the vaccine, why should anyone bother? I just skimmed the article, but I wanted to compare death and hospitalization rates, since that's what's really important. I didn't see what I was looking for.

To give some perspective, people who get the flu shot end up getting the flu every year. Those "breakthrough" cases aren't breathlessly latched on to by the sensationalist media though so we don't hear about it, except in severe seasons when the manufacturers missed their prediction on the  The Israelis seem to have it in hand as an article from the WaPo discusses, and the money quote is this:

“We have reached a level of herd immunity in Israel that also provides cross-protection against the delta variant, and for that reason the virus does not spread as quickly, it doesn’t reach the most vulnerable population and it doesn’t cause a lot of hospitalizations,” Yoram Weiss, director of Jerusalem’s Hadassah University Medical Center, said Monday. “It is making all the difference.”

Basically the vaccine is helping those who contract the illness to be less ill so fewer need hospitalization and many fewer are actually dying. Another article linked below said that 3-5 cases out of 1,000 are serious compared to the 25 to 30 serious per K they saw the first time around. So if the Delta variant really is 200 times more transmissible than the original strain and those numbers hold then it looks like we are doing well. And Israel only has about 2,000 cases of covid of all strains in the whole country as of last night's press reports. That would be a good thing IMO, but this information comes from doctors, so some won't believe it while others just seem to delight in people getting sick and dying. I do wonder though, what happens when this strain hits the US where vaccine rates aren't half of Israel?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mid...story.html

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_e...in-israel/