Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-17-2021, 08:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Oh, the irony…

Foo Fighters have been forced to cancel their upcoming live performance for a VACCINATED ONLY audience because of Covid 19 infections in members of the band.  https://t.co/ilCHS0ougN

All 26 purchased tickets will be tranferred to a future show.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why is that important? How is that following the science? The audience was completely vaccinated.

(07-17-2021, 10:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Why is that important? How is that following the science? The audience was completely vaccinated.

Who says it was to protect the audience?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the safety of the band, crew and most of all the fans, Saturday’s show at the Los Angeles Forum is being postponed to a later date. The new date will be announced shortly. Tickets for the July 17 date will be honored for the new date.

I can understand that being overlooked, since they should have a comma before and after the "most of all," but whatever. 

Personally, I don't really care if the Foo Fighters are "following the science." I was just saying there's no reason to really cancel the shows if the crew, band, and audience are fully vaccinated... assuming the guys aren't seriously ill, of course. In the end, at least to me, private citizens can handle this stuff however they want. I'm more concerned with how governments and academic institutions/professionals are handling this. I keep reading these super slanted JAMA articles/studies. THAT kind of stuff bothers me.

(07-18-2021, 08:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
Quote:Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the safety of the band, crew and most of all the fans, Saturday’s show at the Los Angeles Forum is being postponed to a later date. The new date will be announced shortly. Tickets for the July 17 date will be honored for the new date.

I can understand that being overlooked, since they should have a comma before and after the "most of all," but whatever. 

Personally, I don't really care if the Foo Fighters are "following the science." I was just saying there's no reason to really cancel the shows if the crew, band, and audience are fully vaccinated... assuming the guys aren't seriously ill, of course. In the end, at least to me, private citizens can handle this stuff however they want. I'm more concerned with how governments and academic institutions/professionals are handling this. I keep reading these super slanted JAMA articles/studies. THAT kind of stuff bothers me.

Yeah, I generally don't read PR boilerplate, but we all know that the real reason is so that some schmoe doesn't get sick and sue them after the fact.

(07-17-2021, 06:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 01:35 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am against the mask mandate for vaccinated or really anyone at this point but I do understand the logic. Even if it is way overplayed, the biggest reason you have the vaccinated wear masks is there is still enough breakthroughs cases involving them that they can potentially put the unvaccinated at risk despite being much much lower risk themselves for having adverse outcomes (in particular death). However I support personal liberty. You make your own risk assessment and choices.

Yes, the logic is the issue. Too many people ignore that and instead are trading on conspiracy, and case numbers keep climbing as a result.

Agreed, but at this point I think it’s time to accept corona as a permanent part of life. There will always be more waves, we can’t get 95%+ to vaccinate for it.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 10:57 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

[Image: 20210718-105533.jpg]

(07-16-2021, 09:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 04:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Okay, I'm "dum".  Explain to me like I'm 6 why a bunch of people who are vaccinated for a disease need to wear a mask among everyone else that is also vaccinated for the same disease.  If you still have to wear a mask muzzle what exactly is the point of getting vaccinated?

If every person on the planet who could be vaccinated were vaccinated this moment then about 1 billiion people would still be at risk because some can't be vaccinated and for others it will fail. When you throw in the people who refuse that"s another half billionish. So the idea of preventing the spread with other measures, even by those who are vaccinated, protects those people.

But again you still have not explained the why!   The vaccine does not prevent transmission of the virus but lessens the reaction should you get it.  Ergo, simple logic tells me if the vaccine does NOT prevent transmission of the virus WHO am I putting at risk besides ME?  

All I ask is if the above is true and that is my understanding then why the totalitarian effort by the federal government to get a vaccine?  Sixteen months after the shutdown and I have not heard a valid explanation (at least to me) as to why the vaccine is the end all be all if it does not kill the virus or at the very least prevent infection.  I am not anti-vax, heck with my medical history I am a prime candidate to get the vaccine but when I step back none of this is logical.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-18-2021, 01:06 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 09:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If every person on the planet who could be vaccinated were vaccinated this moment then about 1 billiion people would still be at risk because some can't be vaccinated and for others it will fail. When you throw in the people who refuse that"s another half billionish. So the idea of preventing the spread with other measures, even by those who are vaccinated, protects those people.

But again you still have not explained the why!   The vaccine does not prevent transmission of the virus but lessens the reaction should you get it.  Ergo, simple logic tells me if the vaccine does NOT prevent transmission of the virus WHO am I putting at risk besides ME?  

All I ask is if the above is true and that is my understanding then why the totalitarian effort by the federal government to get a vaccine?  Sixteen months after the shutdown and I have not heard a valid explanation (at least to me) as to why the vaccine is the end all be all if it does not kill the virus or at the very least prevent infection.  I am not anti-vax, heck with my medical history I am a prime candidate to get the vaccine but when I step back none of this is logical.

Sure, here's a good article that outlines the answers to your questions. Basically being vaccinated means that you won't get really sick and that you most likely will not transmit the virus in the event that you contract it. This is not different than any other vaccine, it is exactly the same with polio, measles, rubella, the flu, and every other vaccine preventable disease, but people have this idea that it's different here when it's not. What's different here is that this incredibly infectious little bugger still has a tremendously large pool of targets because half the people refuse to take the shot. The numbers are irrefutable, 98% of Covid hospitalizations today are unvaccinated people; wouldn't it be better if those people were instead vaccinated and only 2% of them had to be hospitalized? This third surge, what's being called "The Un-Vaxxed Surge" is going to continue into September and we are going to spend millions of dollars hospitalizing people who could've avoided it just by getting the shot.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/i...ctiveness-

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2021, 03:24 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Kamala went to Walter Reed. Probably got the Rona from meeting with the democratic crooks from TX.

"Routine" Dr. Appt on Sunday. Pretty much the opposite of routine.

(07-18-2021, 03:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Kamala went to Walter Reed. Probably got the Rona from meeting with the democratic crooks from TX.

And won't isolate ..... is she planning on taking Biden out?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(07-18-2021, 03:47 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 03:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Kamala went to Walter Reed. Probably got the Rona from meeting with the democratic crooks from TX.

And won't isolate  ..... is she planning on taking Biden out?

President Pelosi....

(07-18-2021, 07:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hmmmm....

https://news.mit.edu/2019/storing-vaccin...-skin-1218

Old news?

(07-18-2021, 07:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Old news?

I wasn't aware that Bill Gates funded it though.

(07-18-2021, 07:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Old news?
(07-18-2021, 07:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Old news?

I wasn't aware that Bill Gates funded it though.
They want a way to easily track if you have the vaccine and you can't fake it.

Look at the 2010 plan they put out, they release their full plans for some reason.

(07-18-2021, 08:33 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Old news?
(07-18-2021, 07:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I wasn't aware that Bill Gates funded it though.
They want a way to easily track if you have the vaccine and you can't fake it.

Look at the 2010 plan they put out, they release their full plans for some reason.

Maybe because their plans aren't devious and evil conspiracies to kill all mankind? Or maybe they are just dumb. Or maybe like in Rainbow Six it doesn't matter if you know because you cannot stop them anyway, Muuuaahhhaahahahahahaaaaaaa.

So the new 'variant' is from the people who didn't buy into the bull [BLEEP] lol

Are we just gonna run through the whole greek alphabet in hopes of fear mongering some people into getting this snake oil injection?

Is Epsilon next?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If you are a democrat, you should be embarrassed and ashamed by these people.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-d...ovid-in-dc

Yeah... for fleeing the vote. Not for getting Covid.