Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

The #Colts announce that coach Frank Reich, who is fully vaccinated, tested positive for COVID-19 and is quarantined. He has no symptoms.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-26-2021, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The #Colts announce that coach Frank Reich, who is fully vaccinated, tested positive for COVID-19 and is quarantined. He has no symptoms.

Yep, and if everyone were vaccinated it wouldn't even be worth mentioning.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-26-2021, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The #Colts announce that coach Frank Reich, who is fully vaccinated, tested positive for COVID-19 and is quarantined. He has no symptoms.

Yep, and if everyone were vaccinated it wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

Maybe if people who are supposed to be trusted professionals didn't flip flop so much and become partisan hacks, more people would trust the vaccine.

(07-26-2021, 11:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yep, and if everyone were vaccinated it wouldn't even be worth mentioning.

Maybe if people who are supposed to be trusted professionals didn't flip flop so much and become partisan hacks, more people would trust the vaccine.

I sincerely doubt that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-26-2021, 07:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 07:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Why do you think that? What evidence are you using to draw that conclusion?

That's my take. Is there evidence the vaccinated are infectious? Honest question.

There's a lot of evidence. I am not saying they are spreading it at the same rate as the unvaccinated, but there is this notion floating around that this is only being passed around by the unvaccinated, and that idea is driven primarily by politics. It's a verifiable fact that people are getting reinfected. They are FAR less likely to be symptomatic, but I think they have to still be vectors of transmission, otherwise it would be very difficult for this pathogen to thrive the way it has. I also think we are underestimating the rate of reinfection, and here's why.

I think most folks are missing the key element of this virus. I think it's primarily being fought before antibodies kick in. All of the research suggests that t-cells are doing the brunt of the work early on, and I would cite the similarities between those who were previously infected with those who were vaccinated as it pertains to severity. Contrasting that against the rate of antibodies between the two groups. One of the main arguments for vaccination post covid is the lack of antibodies in the system, even though the rate of severity has not changed. This would strongly suggest that T-cells are the first and primary defense against Covid. I think this is why so many people are asymptomatic. T-cells recognize the virus and attack it before it gets severe enough to cause the body to start producing antibodies. If it can't handle it, then the symptoms present (as the virus replicates), and fever follows as the body begins to produce antibodies. It also partly explains why this affects various ages the way it does: the younger you are, the more t-cells you produce, and the opposite is true for the elderly. 

Any study that is exclusively measuring antibodies is probably missing the mark. This includes checking for reinfection.

[Image: 222372569_168098265386879_29268102803294...e=612612BE]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-26-2021, 02:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: [Image: 222372569_168098265386879_29268102803294...e=612612BE]

Our govt makes it so easy for the BB these days.

Perhaps if people actually did them it might make a difference.

C'mon, dude. Don't be that guy.

(07-26-2021, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Perhaps if people actually did them it might make a difference.

Didn't this dude tell us to wear more than 1 mask? WH first order of business should be replacing this guy with a fresh face.

(07-26-2021, 04:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: C'mon, dude. Don't be that guy.

"See? I told you that mask I didn't wear wouldn't work."  Rolleyes

(07-26-2021, 04:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 04:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Perhaps if people actually did them it might make a difference.

Didn't this dude tell us to wear more than 1 mask? WH first order of business should be replacing this guy with a fresh face.

I really don't disagree, I think Fauci is a liability. But so was Trump and so is Biden.

(07-26-2021, 04:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

(07-26-2021, 04:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Didn't this dude tell us to wear more than 1 mask? WH first order of business should be replacing this guy with a fresh face.

I really don't disagree, I think Fauci is a liability. But so was Trump and so is Biden.

Politicized health branches of government are a liability in general.

(07-26-2021, 04:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

(07-26-2021, 04:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Didn't this dude tell us to wear more than 1 mask? WH first order of business should be replacing this guy with a fresh face.

This is the point, which makes your first response rather odd.

All but the most radical of people in Jacksonville was wearing a mask for the better part of 3 months... especially during the height of the first round of Covid. It might have made a difference this time, too, in retrospect. Probably isn't going to do much at this point, though.

Quite honestly, I think that it's going to be very hard to go back to a "mandatory mask" mandate or another "mandatory shut down" of businesses, especially here in Florida.

The disease is not an "automatic death warrant" and it doesn't mean that if you get it you end up in a hospital on a ventilator.  I know of a dozen or so people who I am friends with that caught it and got over it.  These are friends that are for the most part in good health and 60+ years of age.  Out of that dozen or so people only one ended up in the hospital, but she was never put on a ventilator rather she was given oxygen because of problems breathing, and she is only 55 years of age.  She spent one day in the hospital.

Remember when this first broke out the "fear" being put out on MSM was the "lack of hospital beds" and the "lack of ventilators".  There certainly isn't a shortage of either.

In my opinion COVID the china virus is going to become a seasonal thing pretty much the same as the flu.  Some people will catch it and be sick for a few days, others my actually die from it (just like the flu).

The real problem(s) is this whole thing has been politicized and is being used as a tool to perhaps make voting more easily to manipulate and introduce cheating (mail-in votes, vote harvesting, etc.).

This is just my opinion and anyone can cite whatever "studies" or "research" that they want, but it doesn't really change my opinion based on my experience in real life.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-26-2021, 05:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 04:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "See? I told you that mask I didn't wear wouldn't work."  Rolleyes

This is the point, which makes your first response rather odd.

All but the most radical of people in Jacksonville was wearing a mask for the better part of 3 months... especially during the height of the first round of Covid. It might have made a difference this time, too, in retrospect. Probably isn't going to do much at this point, though.

It's not odd because I wasn't listening to Fauci, I was listening to my doctors who I trust. I know that I'm not the average joe because I have some access that others don't have, but I really think the national messaging from both sides of the aisle absolutely contributed to the failures where we've seen them. And quite honestly Northeast Florida did quite well in the first two surges comparatively, so it's not really fair to criticize our people who mostly did a good job with it. I was thinking more along the lines of "Come on down to China Town" Pelosi and those who reflexively went against the guidance after that point when I said that.

(07-26-2021, 07:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Why do you think that? What evidence are you using to draw that conclusion?

That's my take. Is there evidence the vaccinated are infectious? Honest question.

There is a bunch of evidence outside the USA. The MSM isn't reporting any of it though, so you will have to go to those countries or alternative sites for that news. Australia, UK, Israel, etc are all reporting massive spread in mostly vaccinated populations. If you look at the charts, the top 15 countries or something like that in vaccinated % are having outbreaks with the "delta" variant while the bottom countries are having no problems. In Australia over the weekend there was a report from some health official on video that of the +100 cases and hospitalizations, only 1 was unvaccinated.

I cannot believe the US numbers are correct. There are plenty of people having issues from the vaccines that doctors have been given guidance to not mention or mark the vaccine as any potential cause. Are they even testing the vaccinated people? Are they using lower cycles? Reports are the 97% of PCR tests at 35 cycles are false as the virus is dead and not active. No numbers are released to the public on cycles or amount of virus in tests.

It's hard to trust any of this because of all the constant lies that the government and MSM have put out.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 06:32 PM by Lucky2Last.)

I'm fine with that, but I think the point of the original statement was to criticize the institutional leadership more than anything else.

The fearmongering by the MSM is the primary driver of all of our actions. I think it's driving the global vaccine rollout, when it is not necessary. There were 38k covid deaths in Florida this year. Compare that to 46k deaths due to heart disease the year before. We took measures to reduce the thread or it could have been worse, but by how much? Sweden didn't do that and ultimately ended up with some of the better numbers. This virus killed roughly .0005% of the world's population this year, which is almost certainly underreported, sure, but by how much? 001% of people in Jacksonville have died from this thing. 1500 people. Don't get me wrong... That's a big deal, but is it really the disaster we are making it out to be?

By contrast, the Spanish flu in 1918 killed decimated the population. By some accounts, it killed almost 50 million people over several years. It affected young children. The mortality in the US dropped by 12 years in one year during that pandemic. I believe ours has dropped by 6 months due to Coronavirus. I am not trying to trivialize this disease. I certainly don't want to get it, but we need some freaking perspective, man.

What we currently are experiencing does not justify the global roll-out of a new vaccine, that I have hopes will revolutionize medicine. In fairness, the roll-out has probably greatly reduced the burden on hospitals during this second wave. Maybe that justifies it. I completely get that argument. And, if we don't see any long-term effects from the mRNA vaccine, I think the gamble will, ultimately, pay itself off. However, if there are any long term repercussions from this vaccination, what can be done about that?

I still think the more prudent play was to only vaccinate the at-risk and hyper-concerned population (volunteers). Continue to study and refine the vaccine in a critical manner, and prep for something more deadly incase the virus mutates.

The whole world should be boycotting China right now.

That was a response to FSG.

(07-26-2021, 06:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 07:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That's my take. Is there evidence the vaccinated are infectious? Honest question.

There is a bunch of evidence outside the USA. The MSM isn't reporting any of it though, so you will have to go to those countries or alternative sites for that news. Australia, UK, Israel, etc are all reporting massive spread in mostly vaccinated populations. If you look at the charts, the top 15 countries or something like that in vaccinated % are having outbreaks with the "delta" variant while the bottom countries are having no problems. In Australia over the weekend there was a report from some health official on video that of the +100 cases and hospitalizations, only 1 was unvaccinated.

I cannot believe the US numbers are correct. There are plenty of people having issues from the vaccines that doctors have been given guidance to not mention or mark the vaccine as any potential cause. Are they even testing the vaccinated people? Are they using lower cycles? Reports are the 97% of PCR tests at 35 cycles are false as the virus is dead and not active. No numbers are released to the public on cycles or amount of virus in tests.

It's hard to trust any of this because of all the constant lies that the government and MSM have put out.

Why would you post that assertion and not support it with a link or two?

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 07:22 PM by Lucky2Last.)

The problem with posting links is 1) the data is all over the place 2) you often need to draw conclusions from multiple different studies. It can make posting about it difficult.

He's right about the main scientific dissent coming from outside the US, though. It's bring suppressed here. People are afraid for their reputations or jobs.

Here's a new reason to avoid the vaccine: https://www.dailywire.com/news/long-covi...says-biden

Who knows?  Country A says this,  country B reports that, Country C refutes A and B while government D agency claims something entirely different.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.