Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:As I said to SpeedyG (?)... 

since 2009, none of those draft picks produced a winning record, an All Pro mention, or even a Pro Bowl nod even after so many opt out of the game.

Derek Cox was always injured.

Even Gene Smith was reluctant to retain Knighton four years into his career.

They weren't that good.

Are those players All-Pro? No. Did they help this team go and win playoff games? No. Can they help this team right now? You bet.

For a team that has as many holes as the Jaguars, we sure are creating more holes than we can fill. I have no problem with this team tanking this year with the promise of a better 2nd year after we get a QB, retain some guys, add some guys through draft, and through free-agency.

At this point, it looks like Caldwell is content in once again filling our roster with 4th-7th rounders and UDFAs next year...which means that his year 3 is when this team will even BEGIN to look somewhat decent.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If he is the real deal then he adds 7 or 8 wins to however many the Jaguars get this season. (likely 0 or 1)

Elite QBs tilt the field, so to speak. Luck was worth 9 more wins.
Did someone hack into your account or are you actually thinking clearly now? You are actually making sense after seeing just how terrible Gabbert is!

Quote:If it's a 3 and a 4 we have...

1,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,7 with more to come.
I like that, but i think it will I honestly think its 4,5 and from Baltimore, but we will see.

Also we got a pick from Seattle for D'anthony which i Forgot about. I think it was a 5-7 rounder, but it hasn't been disclosed yet I don't think.

If we got a 5th for Smith then our picks out look like this

1,2,3,4,4,5,5,5,5,6, and 7 with compensotary picks coming as I doubt we will be very active in FA next year so I am expecting 2 for Cox and Knighton.

Depending on what round the picks are in this could be a win-win for both teams.  The Jaguars were not going to win many games this year and Luke is our future left tackle.  Since it has become pretty obvious that there is zero chance of anything even resembling a playoff run this year it makes sense to plan for the future.  The Jags get to move Luke over to his natural position so that he is ready for next year.  The Ravens get a better tackle than the guy they had (in theory).

All the Ravens give up is some middle round picks.  So long as one of those is a 3rd (I don't think we could fleece them for a second with only 12 games on his contract) it is a good deal for us and it is a good deal for them since they think they can go back to the Superbowl.

It is even a good deal for Monroe (except for the having to move part) since he will get to play out the rest of the year on a Superbowl contender rather than on the worst team in the NFL.  Then if he plays well in the spotlight with a contender he can demand far better pay in his next contract that he would ever have gotten trying to protect a QB who has a habit of making dumb mistakes that cause his line to look even worse than it is.

Yeah I don't think Teddy is on Luck's level prospect wise but he's right below. The only other prospect I can see being better than him in the future is Jameis Winston (why couldn't he be a RS Sophomore instead of a RS Freshman this year Sad )

Quote:Are those players All-Pro? No. Did they help this team go and win playoff games? No. Can they help this team right now? You bet.

For a team that has as many holes as the Jaguars, we sure are creating more holes than we can fill. I have no problem with this team tanking this year with the promise of a better 2nd year after we get a QB, retain some guys, add some guys through draft, and through free-agency.

At this point, it looks like Caldwell is content in once again filling our roster with 4th-7th rounders and UDFAs next year...which means that his year 3 is when this team will even BEGIN to look somewhat decent.

I don't think we know that. The Colts were not very active in free agency last year and let Manning, Clark, Garcon and Saturday walk. This past offseason, they were one of the most active teams in free agency.

Quote:Why are people like you so down on this trade?

1) You are assumming there would be more trade interest.....if there was we would have continued to shop him.

2) The longer he plays on this crappy team the lower the value becomes. Esp since that less time that a team can evaluate that player on their roster for resigning

3) If we didn't trade him, you same people would be up in arms about how we didn't get anything for him. (We wouldn't get a compensatory pick until the 2015 draft, also O-Lineman aren't known to net you 3rd round compensatory picks)

So.....what's the real problem about this trade?????

We could've played him. Like, football.

Quote:I like that, but i think it will I honestly think its 4,5 and from Baltimore, but we will see.

Also we got a pick from Seattle for D'anthony which i Forgot about. I think it was a 5-7 rounder, but it hasn't been disclosed yet I don't think.

If we got a 5th for Smith then our picks out look like this

1,2,3,4,4,5,5,5,5,6, and 7 with compensotary picks coming as I doubt we will be very active in FA next year so I am expecting 2 for Cox and Knighton.

Nah they cut D'Anthony Smith. Jags get no pick from them anymore.

Quote:Are those players All-Pro? No. Did they help this team go and win playoff games? No. Can they help this team right now? You bet.

How can those guys help the team now?

Seriously?

With these same guys last year, what was our record?

Do you think Knighton could play any better than Marks/Miller are now?  I don't, especially not in the pass rush.

Was Cox playing substantially better than Gratz has thus far, or Blackmon did Sunday, or even McCray?

No.

Did Monroe stop the line from being awful the first four weeks of this year?

Absolutely not.

They were average at best players jettisoned from a bad team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 10:22 AM by GreeceMonkE.)

Quote:Nah they cut D'Anthony Smith. Jags get no pick from them anymore.
NWM....

forgot it was a conditional pick before cuts.

Quote:The real question here is do the Jags have a life insurance policy out on BG ?

Fixed.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Did someone hack into your account or are you actually thinking clearly now? You are actually making sense after seeing just how terrible Gabbert is!

I don't see this team winning enough games to save Gabbert's job without some sort of Heaven Can Wait style scenario where Gabbert's body is taken over by the spirit of Joe Montana. (I know, he's not dead yet)

Gabbert would likely have succeeded in somce capacity if he'd been drafted by a team with a good roster, but that doesn't matter, here it looks like he'll go full on failure and the Jaguars will draft his replacement in 8 months.

Quote:If he is the real deal then he adds 7 or 8 wins to however many the Jaguars get this season. (likely 0 or 1)

Elite QBs tilt the field, so to speak. Luck was worth 9 more wins.

I can't wait this long! May can't come soon enough!
Shock the world

Quote:Was that trade based on him getting cut? I don't think it was.

He wasn't a FA signing. He was outright traded to them during the draft. We will get a pick for him.

It was a conditional pick, one of the conditions was either games active or being on the roster a certain amount of time for the Seahawks. He didn't make it. I'm 110% certain the Jags won't get a pick for him. Oesher, Shadrick, O'Halloran and everyone else reported as such.

Quote:Was that trade based on him getting cut? I don't think it was.

He wasn't a FA signing. He was outright traded to them during the draft. We will get a pick for him.

We traded him for a conditional pick. Since he was cut, no pick is coming.

Ok so based on right now, based on playing time and contract cox should net us a 4th round compensatory pick and Knighton should be a 6th round one.

So these should be our picks assumming we got 4,5, and 6th from Baltimore.

Thats not looking too bad. 12 picks and hopefully 2-3 more trades to come with MJD, POZ, and LEWIS

Quote:It was a conditional pick, one of the conditions was either games active or being on the roster a certain amount of time for the Seahawks. He didn't make it. I'm 110% certain the Jags won't get a pick for him. Oesher, Shadrick, O'Halloran and everyone else reported as such.
Yes I already corrected myself. But thanks.

Quote:Ok so based on right now, based on playing time and contract cox should net us a 4th round compensatory pick and Knighton should be a 6th round one.

So these should be our picks assumming we got 4,5, and 6th from Baltimore.

Thats not looking too bad. 12 picks and hopefully 2-3 more trades to come with MJD, POZ, and LEWIS

Somehow I see us getting screwed on the compensatory picks. 

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Levi Brown was just traded to the Steelers, I'm interested to see what the Steelers gave up.

So the Browns got a 1st for a crappy RB and we get garbage for a top 10 LT? lol

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23