Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Tebow caught another TD today.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can John Shipley stop posting about football. It’s like my wife posting about cars and horsepower. John has never played a down of football. Not even flag football.

(07-30-2021, 12:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Can John Shipley stop posting about football. It’s like my wife posting about cars and horsepower. John has never played a down of football. Not even flag football.

Or you could just stop reading them.

(07-30-2021, 12:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Can John Shipley stop posting about football. It’s like my wife posting about cars and horsepower. John has never played a down of football. Not even flag football.

Did John steal your girl?

Why do you keep posting this same thing in different threads?

Teebs is ballin’ out there, but we will really know if he will be an impact player when the pads go on to see if he can block. Otherwise he’d just be a way slower Evan Engram if he was purely a receiving TE. Blocking is technique and strength which if I’m betting anyone to put the time in on technique it’s Timmy, and he has the strength. Looking good for the TEEBS.

We think the same about you and yet you still post.

Shipley knows way more than you.
You have played and still don't know crap.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-30-2021, 01:00 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Teebs is ballin’ out there, but we will really know if he will be an impact player when the pads go on to see if he can block.

Narrator: He cannot.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021, 03:19 PM by Pendragon. Edited 1 time in total.)

In the great scheme of things which is worse?

A. The guy who joins a forum because he is a fan of someone trying the make the team

B. the guy who joins a forum because he hates someone who is trying to make the team

Trevor Lawrence to Tim Tebow. https://t.co/iHeZg4lApP

(07-30-2021, 03:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trevor Lawrence to Tim Tebow. https://t.co/iHeZg4lApP

The funny thing about this video? The guy who tweeted it was sitting right next to me.  His phone darn near died as people shared the tweet and liked it.  His phone buzzed non-stop the entire time we were sitting there.  He posted several videos that all got picked up.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(07-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Pendragon Wrote: In the great scheme of things which is worse?

A. The guy who joins a forum because he is a fan of someone trying the make the team

B. the guy who joins a forum because he hates someone who is trying to make the team

There is no one here who is a B, so A.

Matt Jones also proved it is A.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

FWIW, I was skeptical about Tebow making this roster, and while I'm still not completely sold, after watching him at camp this morning, he's going to make it a tough decision to cut him when the time comes. The kid is working his tail off out there, and he actually looks good when he's on the field. We'll see how that translates when they start hitting, but I was really shocked at the way he's transformed himself to become an NFL TE.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(07-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Pendragon Wrote: In the great scheme of things which is worse?

I am A, so I will go with B.

(07-30-2021, 03:35 PM)FBT Wrote: FWIW, I was skeptical about Tebow making this roster, and while I'm still not completely sold, after watching him at camp this morning, he's going to make it a tough decision to cut him when the time comes.  The kid is working his tail off out there, and he actually looks good when he's on the field.  We'll see how that translates when they start hitting, but I was really shocked at the way he's transformed himself to become an NFL TE.

If he actually earns it then so be it, I don't have a problem with that.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021, 03:49 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

B hasn't happened.

(07-30-2021, 03:35 PM)FBT Wrote: FWIW, I was skeptical about Tebow making this roster, and while I'm still not completely sold, after watching him at camp this morning, he's going to make it a tough decision to cut him when the time comes.  The kid is working his tail off out there, and he actually looks good when he's on the field.  We'll see how that translates when they start hitting, but I was really shocked at the way he's transformed himself to become an NFL TE.

If he makes the team it's because the team did an awful job of trying to acquire an actual NFL tightend. That's the end of that story.

I have a feeling he either makes the 53 or is a safe lock for the practice squad that eventually gets called up due to injuries. Either way, I think he is listed in the players section of the Jacksonville Jaguars Wikipedia page come September.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021, 04:09 PM by Race Bannon.)

I vote no on the practice squad prediction. He wouldn't have been eligible under pre-COVID rules, and the new exceptions are intended for young guys who had there normal pattern of accrued time disrupted by the weird COVID schedule (kind of like how the college guys got an extra year of eligibility). He does not fall within the intent of the practice squad concept. And it's hardly worth the attention and stuff to have him on the practice squad.

In my view, the two choices are (1) makes it because this could work, he's not a finished product yet but there's enough there to where we might get a solid contribution out of him; or (2) tap-tap, it's the end of the road Timmy, and you know it's done with love because it's Urban.

In my opinion, the people that are most puzzled by all of this are the ones that don't understand he's a complete beast at the game of football, a natural. He's so good at football they let him play quarterback and he can't throw (smiley face). If you miss that fact (disagree with it, whatever), it all seems like some kind of puzzle where you can't understand why he keeps turning up like a bad penny.

But make no mistake, he is profoundly talented. Don't fall into the armchair-coach trap of thinking 40 time is a catch-all for general football ability. It's one number among many, and for the 250+ pound players there is such a thing as "good enough."

(07-30-2021, 04:07 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I vote no on the practice squad prediction.  He wouldn't have been eligible under pre-COVID rules, and the new exceptions are intended for young guys who had there normal pattern of accrued time disrupted by the weird COVID schedule (kind of like how the college guys got an extra year of eligibility).  He does not fall within the intent of the practice squad concept.  And it's hardly worth the attention and stuff to have him on the practice squad.

In my view, the two choices are (1) makes it because this could work, he's not a finished product yet but there's enough there to where we might get a solid contribution out of him; or (2) tap-tap, it's the end of the road Timmy, and you know it's done with love because it's Urban.

In my opinion, the people that are most puzzled by all of this are the ones that don't understand he's a complete beast at the game of football, a natural.  He's so good at football they let him play quarterback and he can't throw (smiley face).  If you miss that fact (disagree with it, whatever), it all seems like some kind of puzzle where you can't understand why he keeps turning up like a bad penny.

But make no mistake, he is profoundly talented.  Don't fall into the armchair-coach trap of thinking 40 time is a catch-all for general football ability.  It's one number among many, and for the 250+ pound players there is such a thing as "good enough."

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Credit where it's due, that's good to hear. Hope it continues once the contact begins.

Big Grin  (This post was last modified: 07-30-2021, 09:10 PM by zrex2195. Edited 1 time in total.)

I gave him a very small chance at making the team, but against all odds, it looks as if it could happen. It certainly looks like he has not taken the opportunity lightly so credit him with that if nothing else.

If he makes it, it will be cool to see all the Tebow haters heads explode.