Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

This ridiculously long thread has revealed what posers (yes, literally) a lot of you long time posters are. For the few of you that have a job, do you wish failure for your new coworkers if you don't like them from the start?

Flame on

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 05:52 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-04-2021, 05:46 PM)prime winner Wrote: This ridiculously long thread has revealed what posers (yes, literally) a lot of you long time posters are. For the few of you that have a job, do you wish failure for your new coworkers if you don't like them from the start?

Flame on

LOL.

If you don't like them...

I can 'like' somebody and still see they are [BLEEP] at their job...or didn't deserve it in the first place.  I see it every day.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I cannot believe that some of you are fans of other teams. Thats is the most crazy thing ive ever heard in all my time on earth. Next we are gonna hear from some looneys that are fans of other sports.

(08-04-2021, 05:52 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: I cannot believe that some of you are fans of other teams. Thats is the most crazy thing ive ever heard in all my time on earth. Next we are gonna hear from some looneys that are fans of other sports.

Yep, that's exactly the point of what people are saying.  Excellent interpretation.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-04-2021, 05:46 PM)prime winner Wrote: This ridiculously long thread has revealed what posers (yes, literally) a lot of you long time posters are. For the few of you that have a job, do you wish failure for your new coworkers if you don't like them from the start?

Flame on

Translation: "Leave Britney alone!!!"

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-04-2021, 05:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Flame on

Translation: "Leave Britney alone!!!"

Laughing

Flame on

Just curious.

If you do like someone from the start, do you typically sign on to whitehouse.gov to petition the President to force someone to hire him, despite being underwhelmingly qualified?

Does placing banners across I-95 make your merry little band of Tebow cultists "non posers?"

(08-04-2021, 04:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 09:06 PM)Pendragon Wrote: I’m pretty sure nobody in Trevor Lawrence’s family was a Jags fan until he came here.  Come to think of it, I doubt any player on the team has friends or family who supported the Jags before they were sentenced, err, uh, I mean signed here.  Unless there is a geographic reason, players all draw a certain amount of fan support.  I’m sorry whoever your guy was isn’t as popular as my guy. Get over it.

Your guy is popular because like so many televangelists, he decided, like his family, to take advantage of dumb religious zealots... like you.

I thought we were keeping religion out of this and it was an objective rejection of Tebow and not a bigoted one.  I must have misread the memo.

(08-04-2021, 04:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 09:06 PM)Pendragon Wrote: I’m pretty sure nobody in Trevor Lawrence’s family was a Jags fan until he came here.  Come to think of it, I doubt any player on the team has friends or family who supported the Jags before they were sentenced, err, uh, I mean signed here.  Unless there is a geographic reason, players all draw a certain amount of fan support.  I’m sorry whoever your guy was isn’t as popular as my guy. Get over it.

Your guy is popular because like so many televangelists, he decided, like his family, to take advantage of dumb religious zealots... like you.

Wow Tebow mania/hate aside...
You're a clown bro.

(08-04-2021, 07:10 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 04:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Your guy is popular because like so many televangelists, he decided, like his family, to take advantage of dumb religious zealots... like you.

I thought we were keeping religion out of this and it was an objective rejection of Tebow and not a bigoted one.  I must have misread the memo.

(08-04-2021, 08:15 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 04:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Your guy is popular because like so many televangelists, he decided, like his family, to take advantage of dumb religious zealots... like you.

Wow Tebow mania/hate aside...
You're a clown bro.

We deal with it when we see it, now move on please.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-04-2021, 04:00 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 11:16 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So quick question.

If/when Tebow is cut, will you support the Jags?

No. I’m a Bucs season ticket holder and a Cowboys fan.  But if he doesn’t get cut I will trade Bucs tix for Jags tix straight up.

Mr Pendragon.. How do you feel about cat sweaters?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-04-2021, 06:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Flame on

Just curious.

If you do like someone from the start, do you typically sign on to whitehouse.gov to petition the President to force someone to hire him, despite being underwhelmingly qualified?

Does placing banners across I-95 make your merry little band of Tebow cultists "non posers?"

I'm in the second half of my 40's and have somehow made it through life without participating in a silly online petition started by an entitled kid, or an adult that doesn't get what life is about.

I'm not a Tebow cultist, just a Jaguar fan.  I want every player to succeed, even the 2nd round pick Campbell that i thought was a poor choice with the pick. There's not an online petition to get him cut is there???

Tim Tebow lined up against Chris Manhertz, and the two players went at it one-on-one in a special teams blocking drill at the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice on Wednesday.

Manhertz won the matchup, and immediately "Winner, Manhertz" was broadcast over the loudspeaker. The two went at it three more times, and the final tally was 2-2 -- and each time the winner's name was announced.

2-2 vs manhertz is not bad if that's the case.

(08-04-2021, 10:02 PM)Jag88 Wrote: 2-2 vs manhertz is not bad if that's the case.

a blocking drill as well and Manhertz is one of the best blocking TEs in the league

(08-04-2021, 09:50 PM)prime winner Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 06:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just curious.

I'm in the second half of my 40's and have somehow made it through life without participating in a silly online petition started by an entitled kid, or an adult that doesn't get what life is about.

I'm not a Tebow cultist, just a Jaguar fan.  I want every player to succeed, even the 2nd round pick Campbell that i thought was a poor choice with the pick. There's not an online petition to get him cut is there???
No, but there was the online petition to get the Jaguars to sign Tebow.  That's the point.

https://www.ibtimes.com/tebow-fans-plea-...ows-behalf

No other fan base of any other player in Jaguars history (NFL history as far as I can remember for that matter) did anything remotely as ridiculous as the Tebow fans with that stunt.  Not even the Matt Jones fans from Arkansas.

Isn't that embarrassing enough on its own? 

Does the non existence of a similar petition advocating the release of Campbell somehow mitigate the Tebow debacles?

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 11:53 PM by Tank Commander.)

(08-04-2021, 05:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 04:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Doesn't sound like you're a bucs fan if you're ready to give up season tickets so readily.

Especially for a first round QB bust with a 47% completion rate. Not much of a Bucs fan at all to switch allegiances for that.

Terry Bradshaw 51.9%
Johnny Unitas 54.6%
Joe Namath 50.1%

(08-04-2021, 09:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tim Tebow lined up against Chris Manhertz, and the two players went at it one-on-one in a special teams blocking drill at the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice on Wednesday.

Manhertz won the matchup, and immediately "Winner, Manhertz" was broadcast over the loudspeaker. The two went at it three more times, and the final tally was 2-2 -- and each time the winner's name was announced.

Urbs going to determine who gets cut and who stays based on this Winners/Losers drill that he has been using since Florida.

The fix is in.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2021, 12:33 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-04-2021, 11:51 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 05:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Especially for a first round QB bust with a 47% completion rate. Not much of a Bucs fan at all to switch allegiances for that.

Terry Bradshaw 51.9%
Johnny Unitas 54.6%
Joe Namath 50.1%

Bradshaw's career was played from 1970-1983.
Joe Namath played from 1965-1977.
Johnny Unitas played from 1956-1973.

Prior to the NFL rules changes in 1978, CBs could maul WRs all the way down field, as opposed to the one chuck rule we see today.

Prior to those 1978 rules changes, offensive linemen could not extend their arms while pass blocking.

http://www.footballperspective.com/tag/1...s-changes/

The game was VASTLY different before those rules changes, and that's not even factoring in the concussion mitigation and QB protection measures implemented in the Goodell era.

The Hall of Famers you list above played their entire careers (Bradshaw the bulk of his)  under rules that made it far more difficult to pass the ball than what you see now.  The pro game was a primarily a running game back then.

Even with the vast differences in the rules, most of which have the effect of neutering defenses, every guy you listed STILL had higher completion percentages than Tebow.  Even with those differences, all three of the QBs you named won at least one NFL Championship/Super Bowl.  Tebow?  Not so much.

It's spectacularly disingenuous to make such a comparison without offering the context, to say nothing of insulting, considering Tebow was nowhere near the passer these guys were.  Watch NFL films clips of those guys.  Unitas invented the two minute drill.  Namath and Bradshaw were two great deep ball throwers. 

Next time, make that argument to someone who doesn't remember those rules changes or understand the impact those rules changes have had.

(08-04-2021, 10:02 PM)Jag88 Wrote: 2-2 vs manhertz is not bad if that's the case.

That is great news for anyone who is rooting for Tebow. Sucks you only saw the one he got manhandled on though.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]