Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(08-13-2021, 01:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Somebody tell Ronster to polish his boycott boots.

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/142593...92677?s=20

What if you get COVID after the 72 hours?
Ask the N.O. saints. I didn't make the rule. 

With it being an enclosed facility, I can understand efforts being made to limit any spread among staff and players, but why they landed on 72 hours is beyond my knowledge and understanding of the situation.

(08-13-2021, 01:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Somebody tell Ronster to polish his boycott boots.

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/142593...92677?s=20

So does that mean if you're vaccinated and attend an event there and catch covid, you can sue?

Since ya know, a vax card basically means covid free, right?

Vaccinated/ vax card means you have a significantly higher chance of not getting really sick if you contract the virus. 

It doesn't mean "covid free."  And I'm sure you could try to sue if you want, but the s-dome and franchise likely have indemnity based an a waiver associated with ticket purchase.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2021, 01:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What if you get COVID after the 72 hours?
Ask the N.O. saints. I didn't make the rule. 

With it being an enclosed facility, I can understand efforts being made to limit any spread among staff and players, but why they landed on 72 hours is beyond my knowledge and understanding of the situation.

(08-13-2021, 01:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So does that mean if you're vaccinated and attend an event there and catch covid, you can sue?

Vaccinated/ vax card means you have a significantly higher chance of not getting really sick if you contract the virus. 

It doesn't mean "covid free."  And I'm sure you could try to sue if you want, but the s-dome and franchise likely have indemnity based an a waiver associated with ticket purchase.

So basically the s-dome will be asking for a piece of paper that you can wipe your [BLEEP] with because it doesn't mean squat..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-13-2021, 01:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ask the N.O. saints. I didn't make the rule. 

So basically the s-dome will be asking for a piece of paper that you can wipe your [BLEEP] with because it doesn't mean squat..

It's probably just a "check the box" liability thing for the future onslaught of Morgan and Morgwn lawsuits coming when the dust settles.

(08-13-2021, 01:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So basically the s-dome will be asking for a piece of paper that you can wipe your [BLEEP] with because it doesn't mean squat..

It's probably just a "check the box" liability thing for the future onslaught of Morgan and Morgwn lawsuits coming when the dust settles.

You figure most lawyers take 40%, we're talking about some wealthy fools..

(08-13-2021, 01:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 12:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: No [BLEEP]. I know the researchers went into the vaccine trying to mitigate the risks of ADE. However, the possibility exists that the right variant could cause ADE in vaccine patients that have not already been exposed to the virus. That is not an equal concern? We need generals in the health care community and you guys are not leading. You're following. I want the healthcare community to start acknowledging that there are unknowns with this virus, and until we know them, to stop trying to force everyone to take it.

That possibility always exists, in every vaccine. We're hearing about it now because it's being evaluated, as with every vaccine. So no, it's evidently not an equal concern, especially considering that the research you cited was done on people with the Delta variant and yet we don't have any cases of ADE on which to do further research. It's seems to be a minor concern looking for someone to treat it as major.

You have an odd way of assessing risk vs. reward. ADE is only major if it occurs, sure, but you still use that possibility when assessing risk. If a variable is unknown, you don't do a global rollout when the alternative is something very manageable. We are not in that desperate of a position with the current version of Covid. You are once again only having an argument in the PRESENT. The future is a consideration, and clearly ADE is a concern or it wouldn't have been the primary reason the developers chose to attack the spike protein. We needed something for the at-risk. Not everybody. Especially when it doesn't prevent spread or infection.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 02:24 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-13-2021, 01:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So does that mean if you're vaccinated and attend an event there and catch covid, you can sue?

It doesn't mean "covid free."

This is why most of the messaging you hear is wrong, whether it comes from Biden, DeSantis or whoever. This virus is continuing to be spread, both by the vaccinated and unvaccinated. It's greatly annoying to hear people say that the unvaccinated are directly responsible for the spread, when actually its probably the vaccinated that are even more so responsible. Because they think they are covered by the vaccine, they have a false sense of security, and they can proceed with life as usual without a mask. The people who say that the unvaccinated are responsible for the high hospitalization rates are correct, but they are not correct when they say that the unvaccinated are mostly responsible for the spread. The virus needs a host to live, and until we get both the vaccinated and unvaccinated back to wearing surgical or n95 masks, this virus will never die, but will continue to mutate.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(08-13-2021, 02:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That possibility always exists, in every vaccine. We're hearing about it now because it's being evaluated, as with every vaccine. So no, it's evidently not an equal concern, especially considering that the research you cited was done on people with the Delta variant and yet we don't have any cases of ADE on which to do further research. It's seems to be a minor concern looking for someone to treat it as major.

You have an odd way of assessing risk vs. reward. ADE is only major if it occurs, sure, but you still use that possibility when assessing risk. If a variable is unknown, you don't do a global rollout when the alternative is something very manageable. We are not in that desperate of a position with the current version of Covid. You are once again only having an argument in the PRESENT. The future is a consideration, and clearly ADE is a concern or it wouldn't have been the primary reason the developers chose to attack the spike protein. We needed something for the at-risk. Not everybody. Especially when it doesn't prevent spread or infection.

Why do you think that it's an argument in the present to say that the risk of ADE was already considered in the development of the vaccine? You're acting like this is some great revelation that no one heard of or considered during development, but even the source you've cited indicated that it was known and accounted for in the design AND we have no evidence from the massive vaccine program that it's a problem now. Your position is that it's too uncertain a risk to proceed with wide-scale vaccination but I simply don't agree and I don't see anything that validates your concern. In fact, we have millions of cases on file already that show that it is overwhelmingly not a concern because if it were we'd already have plenty of dead vaccinated people to show for it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2021, 03:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 02:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You have an odd way of assessing risk vs. reward. ADE is only major if it occurs, sure, but you still use that possibility when assessing risk. If a variable is unknown, you don't do a global rollout when the alternative is something very manageable. We are not in that desperate of a position with the current version of Covid. You are once again only having an argument in the PRESENT. The future is a consideration, and clearly ADE is a concern or it wouldn't have been the primary reason the developers chose to attack the spike protein. We needed something for the at-risk. Not everybody. Especially when it doesn't prevent spread or infection.

Why do you think that it's an argument in the present to say that the risk of ADE was already considered in the development of the vaccine? You're acting like this is some great revelation that no one heard of or considered during development, but even the source you've cited indicated that it was known and accounted for in the design AND we have no evidence from the massive vaccine program that it's a problem now. Your position is that it's too uncertain a risk to proceed with wide-scale vaccination but I simply don't agree and I don't see anything that validates your concern. In fact, we have millions of cases on file already that show that it is overwhelmingly not a concern because if it were we'd already have plenty of dead vaccinated people to show for it.

Would you put it past the powers that be to deliberately obfuscate the deaths so that worldwide vaccinations continue unabated?

(08-13-2021, 02:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 01:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Vaccinated/ vax card means you have a significantly higher chance of not getting really sick if you contract the virus. 

It doesn't mean "covid free."

This is why most of the messaging you hear is wrong, whether it comes from Biden, DeSantis or whoever.  This virus is continuing to be spread, both by the vaccinated and unvaccinated. It's greatly annoying to hear people say that the unvaccinated are directly responsible for the spread, when actually its probably the vaccinated that are even more so responsible. Because they think they are covered by the vaccine, they have a false sense of security, and they can proceed with life as usual without a mask. The people who say that the unvaccinated are responsible for the high hospitalization rates are correct, but they are not correct when they say that the unvaccinated are mostly responsible for the spread. The virus needs a host to live, and until we get both the vaccinated and unvaccinated back to wearing surgical or n95 masks, this virus will never die, but will continue to mutate.

I have a vaccinated friend who thought she got a summer cold, no big deal. Turns out she’s a break through case and she’s positive for Covid. She only got herself tested because I told her no one is getting colds right now. How many people who are vaccinated are walking around thinking they have a cold when it’s actually Covid?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 04:10 PM by p_rushing. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-13-2021, 12:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: No [BLEEP]. I know the researchers went into the vaccine trying to mitigate the risks of ADE. However, the possibility exists that the right variant could cause ADE in vaccine patients that have not already been exposed to the virus. That is not an equal concern? We need generals in the health care community and you guys are not leading. You're following. I want the healthcare community to start acknowledging that there are unknowns with this virus, and until we know them, to stop trying to force everyone to take it.

Unfortunately the government saw the doctors start questioning things and shut it down. Notice the big push to get nurses, doctors, etc in front of the camera and taking the vaccine and telling us it is safe? A lot of doctors were initially pushing back against the protocols and trying to find ways to help their patients when it started. Then they start getting protocols that they knew did not work. Many were questioning and some where openly pushing back against the stupidity of the government. Most of the alternative treatments get shutdown quickly to stop the push back and anyone doing it risks their license and career. Then the vaccine shows up and is openly available for hospital workers. Doctors and nurses do not take it, meanwhile most in the administration are all in quickly. The doctors know what is going on and the nurses see it everyday.

Then the government sees the numbers and knows they have to do something to get the doctors to set the example or no one buys into their propaganda. Then the hospital administrators start pushing it. Most hospitals get grants, funding, etc from the government so they have to do what the government says. Administrators can't outright demand things as the departments generally have ultimate control but they can easily get the point across that they have to do it. To get gov payments for covid, our vacx % has to be up. Then everyone sees the doctors and nurses getting the shots and thinks they are fine, approved, etc. Doctors generally won't push back against the departments, CDC, AMA, etc because they know they can be blackballed. Many can leave and go to a new hospital any time they want and keep their reputations but going against the national orgs will quickly get them shutdown not matter what.

Doctors are mostly vaccinated now as they are too weak to fight it even if they don't agree. Nurses though are not and there is a large amount that see the day issues with the vaccine, don't buy the it's covid not the vaccine issues. They may not openly say it but they know it isn't right. Will be interesting how many public hospitals have to start shutting departments down after they force the vaccine. Private hospitals most likely will leave it as a choice.

It would be worth a try. The company is assuming liability by saying there is a risk and we have to keep these people out.

(08-13-2021, 01:38 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Let's not pretend like we are getting a lot of quality, peer-reviewed science on Covid. Peer review has been broken way before Covid, but we can save that for another day. 

However, to your point, I have already complained about this repeatedly in this thread. T-cells are not being given enough credit for the role they play in combatting this virus. Almost every study I've seen that favors vaccines in ONLY looking at antibody responses. My evidence for this is the fact that even though it's CLEAR from these charts that the unvaccinated convalescent clearly have less antibodies, they are not contracting Covid at a greater rate than the vaccinated. So what's the mitigating factor? I believe it's T-cells. I'm open to you explaining why this is incorrect.

SARS-1 t-cells still provide protection today and the mutation % from the original virus is around 20%. Covid mutation is around .3% (although that isn't a real % as they can't isolation anything) and the vaccine is already failing.

(08-13-2021, 01:51 PM)StroudCrowd Wrote: It's probably just a "check the box" liability thing for the future onslaught of Morgan and Morgwn lawsuits coming when the dust settles.

Yep they can say we tried, followed the CDC advice, etc. Then claim you can't blame us when the CDC and government didn't know what they were talking about. Go sue them and not us.

(08-13-2021, 04:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 02:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This is why most of the messaging you hear is wrong, whether it comes from Biden, DeSantis or whoever.  This virus is continuing to be spread, both by the vaccinated and unvaccinated. It's greatly annoying to hear people say that the unvaccinated are directly responsible for the spread, when actually its probably the vaccinated that are even more so responsible. Because they think they are covered by the vaccine, they have a false sense of security, and they can proceed with life as usual without a mask. The people who say that the unvaccinated are responsible for the high hospitalization rates are correct, but they are not correct when they say that the unvaccinated are mostly responsible for the spread. The virus needs a host to live, and until we get both the vaccinated and unvaccinated back to wearing surgical or n95 masks, this virus will never die, but will continue to mutate.

I have a vaccinated friend who thought she got a summer cold, no big deal. Turns out she’s a break through case and she’s positive for Covid. She only got herself tested because I told her no one is getting colds right now. How many people who are vaccinated are walking around thinking they have a cold when it’s actually Covid?

Quite a few.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2021, 03:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 02:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You have an odd way of assessing risk vs. reward. ADE is only major if it occurs, sure, but you still use that possibility when assessing risk. If a variable is unknown, you don't do a global rollout when the alternative is something very manageable. We are not in that desperate of a position with the current version of Covid. You are once again only having an argument in the PRESENT. The future is a consideration, and clearly ADE is a concern or it wouldn't have been the primary reason the developers chose to attack the spike protein. We needed something for the at-risk. Not everybody. Especially when it doesn't prevent spread or infection.

You and I are specifically debating the necessity of a global rollout of a novel vaccine. I think I have been pretty clear that the designers of this vaccine were diligent in trying to circumvent ADE. That doesn't mean anything IF it occurs in the future. We don't even have a full season of covid under our belt, so your argument that millions would already be dead is unfounded. Your argument only shows that we haven't had any problems YET, which means diddly squat. We haven't gotten a feel for how quickly it's mutating or in what ways. We certainly haven't seen all of the variants. So how, prey tell, are the designers of this vaccine supposed to account for all the variables? They're all unknown at this point. You're basing the lives and health of millions if they are wrong in any way, and that just doesn't seem prudent. 

And, let's be quite honest, you have no way of knowing whether it's a concern or not. So how can you be so confident as to recommend a blanket rollout? Just two weeks ago, you were all but certain the vaccinated weren't spreading Covid. You were wrong. You were also certain their viral load was lower. That also appears to be wrong. 

And look, that's not a knock. Just pointing out that the information is constantly moving. Right now you might be correct, but tomorrow you might not be. You're going to base a global rollout of a vaccine based on that? For an absolute risk reduction that is negligible in the majority of the population? 

I know I'm pushing hard here, but I think you guys are being soft, and I don't think enough of you are having the integrity to challenge the narrative in your own institutions.

(08-13-2021, 03:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 03:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why do you think that it's an argument in the present to say that the risk of ADE was already considered in the development of the vaccine? You're acting like this is some great revelation that no one heard of or considered during development, but even the source you've cited indicated that it was known and accounted for in the design AND we have no evidence from the massive vaccine program that it's a problem now. Your position is that it's too uncertain a risk to proceed with wide-scale vaccination but I simply don't agree and I don't see anything that validates your concern. In fact, we have millions of cases on file already that show that it is overwhelmingly not a concern because if it were we'd already have plenty of dead vaccinated people to show for it.

Would you put it past the powers that be to deliberately obfuscate the deaths so that worldwide vaccinations continue unabated?

For what reason?

(08-13-2021, 04:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 04:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I have a vaccinated friend who thought she got a summer cold, no big deal. Turns out she’s a break through case and she’s positive for Covid. She only got herself tested because I told her no one is getting colds right now. How many people who are vaccinated are walking around thinking they have a cold when it’s actually Covid?

Quite a few.

Yeah. Pretty sure I have a cold right now. Got tested, just in case. Really bummed because I was supposed to go scalloping with the fam, but I'm sitting home by myself right now.

My cousin caught a breakthrough case even though he was vaccinated. He says he was miserable for about 2 days, but he got over it.

(08-13-2021, 04:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 02:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: This is why most of the messaging you hear is wrong, whether it comes from Biden, DeSantis or whoever.  This virus is continuing to be spread, both by the vaccinated and unvaccinated. It's greatly annoying to hear people say that the unvaccinated are directly responsible for the spread, when actually its probably the vaccinated that are even more so responsible. Because they think they are covered by the vaccine, they have a false sense of security, and they can proceed with life as usual without a mask. The people who say that the unvaccinated are responsible for the high hospitalization rates are correct, but they are not correct when they say that the unvaccinated are mostly responsible for the spread. The virus needs a host to live, and until we get both the vaccinated and unvaccinated back to wearing surgical or n95 masks, this virus will never die, but will continue to mutate.

Back in May, me and another guy felt like crap.  Tired achy didn’t want to get moving.  But other than that, we felt fine.  We “manned” up and went to work.  Neither of us thought we had Covid.  Lasted a week and a half, maybe two.  There have been other times I felt off. Whether it was a feeling of “fighting something off” or allergies.  If you feel the way (we) I did, but chalk it up to normal ailments or whatever, why would I get tested?  I’m not arguing what  you suggested to your friend.  But wondering, could I have had it? Idk.  Maybe I did and didn’t realize it.  I’m just thinking most people who feel off or have a cold wouldn’t naturally head out to go get a test done.

(08-13-2021, 08:54 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 04:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I have a vaccinated friend who thought she got a summer cold, no big deal. Turns out she’s a break through case and she’s positive for Covid. She only got herself tested because I told her no one is getting colds right now. How many people who are vaccinated are walking around thinking they have a cold when it’s actually Covid?

Back in May, me and another guy felt like crap.  Tired achy didn’t want to get moving.  But other than that, we felt fine.  We “manned” up and went to work.  Neither of us thought we had Covid.  Lasted a week and a half, maybe two.  There have been other times I felt off. Whether it was a feeling of “fighting something off” or allergies.  If you feel the way (we) I did, but chalk it up to normal ailments or whatever, why would I get tested?  I’m not arguing what  you suggested to your friend.  But wondering, could I have had it? Idk.  Maybe I did and didn’t realize it.  I’m just thinking most people who feel off or have a cold wouldn’t naturally head out to go get a test done.

Even if you don’t get tested, why would anyone walk around sick in the midst of a pandemic? Doing stuff like “manning up” is how this stuff keeps getting spread around.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 09:33 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-13-2021, 09:17 PM)I Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 08:54 PM)Jags Wrote: Back in May, me and another guy felt like crap.  Tired achy didn’t want to get moving.  But other than that, we felt fine.  We “manned” up and went to work.  Neither of us thought we had Covid.  Lasted a week and a half, maybe two.  There have been other times I felt off. Whether it was a feeling of “fighting something off” or allergies.  If you feel the way (we) I did, but chalk it up to normal ailments or whatever, why would I get tested?  I’m not arguing what  you suggested to your friend.  But wondering, could I have had it? Idk.  Maybe I did and didn’t realize it.  I’m just thinking most people who feel off or have a cold wouldn’t naturally head out to go get a test done.

Even if you don’t get tested, why would anyone walk around sick in the midst of a pandemic? Doing stuff like “manning up” is how this stuff keeps getting spread around.
For the record, I never thought that I or any employee had Covid.  Like I said, there was a time we felt crappy and manned up and did our jobs. We didn’t think we had Covid.  The question was more so, at what point does one get tested?  Obviously if one feels like they have the flu, then yes.  More of if you don’t feel 100% but not like [BLEEP].  And as far as “manning up” yes, most people I feel would man up and work if they aren’t quite 100%.  As for me, if I don’t, then my business goes under. Simple as that.  So, yeah, I’ll man up and take whatever backlash. But I’m thinking you took my first post the wrong way.

The Obama variant.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ssion=true

(08-13-2021, 09:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Obama variant.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ssion=true

lolololololololololololololol