Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Preseason game vs Browns *Super Official*

(08-14-2021, 10:10 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Make me.

sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with a child

Again, you are not gonna change a thing here, if you think you can you are really... "naive"
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-14-2021, 10:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:10 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with a child

Again, you are not gonna change a thing here, if you think you can you are really... "naive"

when did I say I was going to change anything or that I could.... what's wrong with calling people out on their over negative incompetent comments... sometimes people just need to be called out....

My boy Tyler Davis with the TD.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-14-2021, 10:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Again, you are not gonna change a thing here, if you think you can you are really... "naive"

when did I say I was going to change anything or that I could.... what's wrong with calling people out on their over negative incompetent comments... sometimes people just need to be called out....

I guess we just don't appreciate the value in having a sage like you to correct us. Stop the ultra seriousness and understand that 60% of what you are [BLEEP] about is thinly veiled sarcasm..
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Tyler "TD" Davis, you just became TE#1

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 10:28 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(08-14-2021, 10:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:11 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: We need improvement but I liked what I saw from cj n Shaq as well as Trevor converting 3rd down twice.  Ready to see what changes are made by next week vs NO. 

sn: Being negative is just as cool as being positive.  Issue here....The positive feedback has player X and what was impressive from a small sample size.  The negative feedback is team sucks and probably wins little to no games after a 1-15 season.  That's great insight although seems childish and amateur hour at beat but....I guess.  I just take it yall are just young jags fans so fan on lol.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I've been watching football for 42 years. The Browns didn't look good but they looked competent. The Jags have a long way to go to get to that level.
True and I expect that after a 1-15 season with an almost complete roster dump. I mean with your football tenure, does that not make the most sense, or are you basing your judgment on the teams that defy the odds once in a blue. I see it from both ways but stay with the more common outcome. CJ should look better yr 2. He looked ok so more to see but I just don't know if ppl forgot how football and/or development works, coaching overhauls as well as roster with and without scheme change etc.

Tell me this doesn't reek of amateur hour or karaoke night....I digress. Enjoy the eval and hope ur predictions ring true for you and your enjoyment.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-14-2021, 10:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:59 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: because I'm a Jaguar's fan.... and I'm optimistic... not a negative Nelly.... You guys should take some pointers from Cleveland fans.... with everything that they've been through over their history they don't act like you guys.... and I know this because I was born in Cleveland and brought up on Cleveland football....

Explains why you sound so bitter.

I'm not bitter.... maybe it's just because I've been watching football for 46 years.... and maybe it's because before I was a Jags fan I was raised on Cleveland football.... and I know how Cleveland fans are and they've had more misery than probably any team in the league... I don't know maybe I'm just dealing with a lot of young people who don't get it.....

(08-14-2021, 10:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: when did I say I was going to change anything or that I could.... what's wrong with calling people out on their over negative incompetent comments... sometimes people just need to be called out....

I guess we just don't appreciate the value in having a sage like you to correct us. Stop the ultra seriousness and understand that 60% of what you are [BLEEP] about is thinly veiled sarcasm..
sarcasm should be on the first created Jaguars MB flag or logo. That's the most famous fall back used on social media today. Spout whateva and if questioned about anything, pull out the heed sarcasm plug. GN and everyone enjoy the evening lmao

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(08-14-2021, 10:27 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Tyler "TD" Davis, you just became TE#1

I have been a fan of his since last year. He has everything you look for in a modern TE.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-14-2021, 10:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Again, you are not gonna change a thing here, if you think you can you are really... "naive"

So you just like to cry about what other people post? ok then, keep crying.

Truth is this team has been garbage for years and they haven't given us a good reason to be optimistic so...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Offense should be better if o line can be better. If the pocket collapses like it has, gonna be rough. I’m a little worried about our defense. But it’s preseason game 1, so not much to really to fully go off yet. We’ll see. But the qb position looks good so far! I hope we win in Houston. Opener against Denver gonna be fun and hopefully loud!!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 11:00 PM by nejagsfan.)

(08-14-2021, 10:38 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:22 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: when did I say I was going to change anything or that I could.... what's wrong with calling people out on their over negative incompetent comments... sometimes people just need to be called out....

So you just like to cry about what other people post? ok then, keep crying.

Truth is this team has been garbage for years and they haven't given us a good reason to be optimistic so...

not crying I'm simply pointing out the ridiculous comments.... and yeah the comments got the best of me tonight because most of them are annoying as F...pretty sure I'm not the one who is crying on this message board... there's a handful of Karen's and Debbie Downers... yeah we sucked for two years... are you saying that we sucked in 2017? few years ago we made it to the freaking championship game and if it wasn't for the Patriots we would have been in the super bowl... Even though I think we should have because they cheated lol... we definitely had our up and downs.... last year was horrible....but we could be like some teams that haven't made it to the playoffs in 15 years .... we're one of the youngest... if not the youngest team in the league.. we have a complete overhaul.. new coaches a lot of young players and people want to act like the sky is falling after one freaking preseason game.... I'm sorry I guess I just like to be a little bit more positive and optimistic after drafting one of the best quarterbacks in years or in our history.... I'm not going to jump under the bus after one preseason game.... and when people make idiotic comments sometimes I like to call them out.... so shoot me... I'm sorry

(08-14-2021, 10:53 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Offense should be better if o line can be better. If the pocket collapses like it has, gonna be rough. I’m a little worried about our defense. But it’s preseason game 1, so not much to really to fully go off yet. We’ll see. But the qb position looks good so far! I hope we win in Houston. Opener against Denver gonna be fun and hopefully loud!!

but our run defense definitely look like it has improved... don't you think?... secondary didn't look horrible? they had a lot of good stops

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 11:03 PM by Firesky. Edited 1 time in total.)

CJ Henderson (barring a trade for Michael Thomas) will be the starter at CB opposite Griffin week 1. His off field issues dealing with 2 deaths of people close to him in short succession this summer.. that kind of greif would take a toll on anyone. But when hes on the field the kid can flat out PLAY!! If he gets the support he needs in his personal life i stand by my assertion that he will be a great player for the Jags and i think its a shame that most here are so quick to give up on him.

Campbell has been great in camp but got had on that endzone play, i envision him as a nickel or chess piece put in at safety and sub packages to wreak havoc with his blitzing/athleticism. I see why both were drafted as high as they were but i still think henderson has the edge coming out of tonights game.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-14-2021, 10:57 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:38 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: So you just like to cry about what other people post? ok then, keep crying.

not crying I'm simply pointing out the ridiculous comments.... and yeah the comments got the best of me tonight because most of them are annoying as F...pretty sure I'm not the one who is crying on this message board... there's a handful of Karen's and Debbie Downers... yeah we sucked for two years... are you saying that we sucked in 2017? few years ago we made it to the freaking championship game and if it wasn't for the Patriots we would have been in the super bowl... Even though I think we should have because they cheated lol... we definitely had our up and downs.... last year was horrible....but we could be like some teams that haven't made it to the playoffs in 15 years .... we're one of the youngest... if not the youngest team in the league.. we have a complete overhaul.. new coaches a lot of young players and people want to act like the sky is falling after one freaking preseason game.... I'm sorry I guess I just like to be a little bit more positive and optimistic after drafting one of the best quarterbacks in years or in our history.... I'm not going to jump under the bus after one preseason game.... and when people make idiotic comments sometimes I like to call them out.... so shoot me... I'm sorry

2017 and before that? you have to go all the way to 2007.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 11:06 PM by nejagsfan.)

(08-14-2021, 11:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: CJ Henderson (barring a trade for Michael Thomas) will be the starter at CB opposite Griffin week 1. His off field issues dealing with 2 deaths of people close to him in short succession this summer.. that kind of greif would take a toll on anyone. But when hes on the field the kid can flat out PLAY!! If he gets the support he needs in his personal life i stand by my assertion that he will be a great player for the Jags and i think its a shame that most here are so quick to give up on him

I thought he looked good tonight...hopefully he can get the help he needs....

(08-14-2021, 11:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:57 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: not crying I'm simply pointing out the ridiculous comments.... and yeah the comments got the best of me tonight because most of them are annoying as F...pretty sure I'm not the one who is crying on this message board... there's a handful of Karen's and Debbie Downers... yeah we sucked for two years... are you saying that we sucked in 2017? few years ago we made it to the freaking championship game and if it wasn't for the Patriots we would have been in the super bowl... Even though I think we should have because they cheated lol... we definitely had our up and downs.... last year was horrible....but we could be like some teams that haven't made it to the playoffs in 15 years .... we're one of the youngest... if not the youngest team in the league.. we have a complete overhaul.. new coaches a lot of young players and people want to act like the sky is falling after one freaking preseason game.... I'm sorry I guess I just like to be a little bit more positive and optimistic after drafting one of the best quarterbacks in years or in our history.... I'm not going to jump under the bus after one preseason game.... and when people make idiotic comments sometimes I like to call them out.... so shoot me... I'm sorry

yeah so what...like I said there's some teams that haven't been to the playoffs for 15 years... I get what you're saying but come on it's the first preseason game.... I guess I'm wrong for being optimistic at the beginning of every year.... and I guess I'm wrong for not judging the whole season after one preseason game

(08-14-2021, 11:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 10:57 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: not crying I'm simply pointing out the ridiculous comments.... and yeah the comments got the best of me tonight because most of them are annoying as F...pretty sure I'm not the one who is crying on this message board... there's a handful of Karen's and Debbie Downers... yeah we sucked for two years... are you saying that we sucked in 2017? few years ago we made it to the freaking championship game and if it wasn't for the Patriots we would have been in the super bowl... Even though I think we should have because they cheated lol... we definitely had our up and downs.... last year was horrible....but we could be like some teams that haven't made it to the playoffs in 15 years .... we're one of the youngest... if not the youngest team in the league.. we have a complete overhaul.. new coaches a lot of young players and people want to act like the sky is falling after one freaking preseason game.... I'm sorry I guess I just like to be a little bit more positive and optimistic after drafting one of the best quarterbacks in years or in our history.... I'm not going to jump under the bus after one preseason game.... and when people make idiotic comments sometimes I like to call them out.... so shoot me... I'm sorry

and by the way you said we sucked for years I would say a playoff run to the championship game a couple years ago would not categorize as sucked for years...just saying

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 11:11 PM by Jag88.)

Campbell can fix that mistake he made on the td pass. I know that was a concern from before but he needs to get his hands up when that regular season starts!

(08-14-2021, 11:03 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 11:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: CJ Henderson (barring a trade for Michael Thomas) will be the starter at CB opposite Griffin week 1. His off field issues dealing with 2 deaths of people close to him in short succession this summer.. that kind of greif would take a toll on anyone. But when hes on the field the kid can flat out PLAY!! If he gets the support he needs in his personal life i stand by my assertion that he will be a great player for the Jags and i think its a shame that most here are so quick to give up on him

I thought he looked good tonight...hopefully he can get the help he needs....

(08-14-2021, 11:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 2017 and before that? you have to go all the way to 2007.
yeah so what...like I said there's some teams that haven't been to the playoffs for 15 years... I get what you're saying but come on it's the first preseason game.... I guess I'm wrong for being optimistic at the beginning of every year.... and I guess I'm wrong for not judging the whole season after one preseason game

(08-14-2021, 11:02 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: 2017 and before that? you have to go all the way to 2007.

and by the way you said we sucked for years I would say a playoff run to the championship game a couple years ago would not categorize as sucked for years...just saying

You"re not wrong for being optimistic, others are not wrong for being pessimistic, but you are wrong that 1 good year out of 15 means they haven't sucked for years because it means exactly that.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Least the offense started to get something going when Beathard had his reps but yeah, much work to be done ahead of the regular season.

Football’s back baby!

Everyone gets a pass on week 1 preseason, but that offense was so vanilla that even Gus was waiting for a triple scoop in the locker room after the game.