Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Preseason game vs Browns *Super Official*

Game day!

Trevor!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ill be there. Cannot wait! Hoping for good weather. GO JAGS!

I can't wait. Personally, I don't wanna see much of Trevor at all. No need risking injury to him in a game that doesn't count. This kid is our future. We know he's good. We also know that this is not a playoff team. Let him knock off the rust and learn throughout the season in games that count.

I cannot wait to see this new look defense. We have played so much "vanilla" defense for so long, that the prospect of showing some aggression on that side of the football is very exciting. I know we don't wanna show too many of our cards in the preseason, but anything is better than the "bend don't break" defense that we have had for years.

Game Days counts even when they don't count. This day couldn't get here fast enough for my liking. I'll be in my seat within the stadium salivating.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-14-2021, 08:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I can't wait. Personally, I don't wanna see much of Trevor at all. No need risking injury to him in a game that doesn't count. This kid is our future. We know he's good. We also know that this is not a playoff team. Let him knock off the rust and learn throughout the season in games that count.

I cannot wait to see this new look defense. We have played so much "vanilla" defense for so long, that the prospect of showing some aggression on that side of the football is very exciting. I know we don't wanna show too many of our cards in the preseason, but anything is better than the "bend don't break" defense that we have had for years.
The AFC South isn’t some juggernaut of a division. In fact, out of all the “worst to first” scenarios, Jags have the best shot to do it.

I actually put a bet in at Vegas for Jags to win the AFC South. Not saying it’s gonna happen but it’s not THAT farfetched.

Reg season anxious, but holding off on preseason due to vid concerns. Will be watching from home tho. I want to see Minshew put on a nice drive for the Mania fanatics, and also, I want to see Trevor throw a few pretty passes and maybe scramble a few times to show his mobility at this level. Go Jags and be safe if ur going tonight.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Excited to see a glimpse of the new talent assembled even in a watered down context.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 09:32 AM by mal234. Edited 2 times in total.)

I hope that the Jags end up having a good and entertaining game tonight. I hope the QB's have a nice showing. I've been looking at the preseason games so far and the QB play has not been good. Granted it is mostly backups playing, but still lol. It seems like other teams QB's have thrown like 4TDs in total since the preseason game have begun, lol. The Jags QBs could throw at least that much tonight or more.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 09:35 AM by Kane.)

(08-14-2021, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 08:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I can't wait. Personally, I don't wanna see much of Trevor at all. No need risking injury to him in a game that doesn't count. This kid is our future. We know he's good. We also know that this is not a playoff team. Let him knock off the rust and learn throughout the season in games that count.

The AFC South isn’t some juggernaut of a division. In fact, out of all the “worst to first” scenarios, Jags have the best shot to do it.

I actually put a bet in at Vegas for Jags to win the AFC South. Not saying it’s gonna happen but it’s not THAT farfetched.

Solid bet. Little risk big reward. What was it like +800 or something?

I'm hoping to see our defense not look like a sieve.
So hopefully the Browns back up QB doesn't score on us at all.
Hope to see CJ out there making plays.
Hope to see TLaw make some plays for about 2 series.
Eager the watch the WR 4-6 battles.
Oh and...
No injuries!

(08-14-2021, 09:30 AM)mal234 Wrote: I hope that the Jags end up having a good and entertaining game tonight. I hope the QB's have a nice showing. I've been looking at the preseason games so far and the QB play has not been good. Granted it is mostly backups playing, but still lol. It seems like other teams QB's have thrown like 4TDs in total since the preseason game have begun, lol. The Jags QBs could throw at least that much tonight or more.

It has been rough to watch. Really. Should have been betting the unders haha

I'm curious to see how Walker Little performs. He's going to be key for TL's success. From what Lageman says on the radio, he's going to be something special.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 09:45 AM by mal234.)

(08-14-2021, 09:34 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The AFC South isn’t some juggernaut of a division. In fact, out of all the “worst to first” scenarios, Jags have the best shot to do it.

Oh and...
No injuries!

(08-14-2021, 09:30 AM)mal234 Wrote: I hope that the Jags end up having a good and entertaining game tonight. I hope the QB's have a nice showing. I've been looking at the preseason games so far and the QB play has not been good. Granted it is mostly backups playing, but still lol. It seems like other teams QB's have thrown like 4TDs in total since the preseason game have begun, lol. The Jags QBs could throw at least that much tonight or more.

Yeah it's been rough and very unproductive. Some of these teams are definitely going to be done if their starting QB's go down. Like the Cowboys. They are going to be in trouble if Dak goes down again. None of their backups QBs are scoring. I do like watching preseason games and normally there are teams that have some good moments and have players that will "pop". But I'm not really seeing that in any of the games that have been shown so far. The Jaguars might end up having one of the best showings for the preseason. The Jags might can build some nice buzz going into regular season.

(08-14-2021, 09:34 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The AFC South isn’t some juggernaut of a division. In fact, out of all the “worst to first” scenarios, Jags have the best shot to do it.

Oh and...
No injuries!

+750. 100 dollar bet so if I win, drinks on me for the home playoff game!

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 10:06 AM by Kane.)

(08-14-2021, 09:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:34 AM)Kane Wrote: Solid bet. Little risk big reward. What was it like +800 or something?

Oh and...
No injuries!

+750. 100 dollar bet so if I win, drinks on me for the home playoff game!
750 bucks gets about what 10 beers at a game these days?  Laughing

(08-14-2021, 09:45 AM)mal234 Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 09:34 AM)Kane Wrote: Solid bet. Little risk big reward. What was it like +800 or something?

Oh and...
No injuries!

Yeah it's been rough and very unproductive. Some of these teams are definitely going to be done if their starting QB's go down. Like the Cowboys. They are going to be in trouble if Dak goes down again. None of their backups QBs are scoring. I do like watching preseason games and normally there are teams that have some good moments and have players that will "pop". But I'm not really seeing that in any of the games that have been shown so far. The Jaguars might end up having one of the best showings for the preseason. The Jags might can build some nice buzz going into regular season.

Yeah but even Detroit didn't get much moving with Goff last night.

Maybe the 2nd preseason games will be a little more entertaining. Seems a lot of teams have been holding out a lot of starters and vets first game. But I'm just ready for regular season already.

Speaking of back up QB situations, I hope we hang on to Minshew... Seems we'd have one of the better backups for spot duty in the league.

(08-14-2021, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I actually think the Titans are one of the top teams in the AFC this season. I would be shocked if they didn't run away with the division. If Carson Wentz is healthy, the Colts should be in the wildcard hunt as well. I'm hoping we can win 6-7 games this season, which IMO, would show solid improvement. I'm not expecting anything from this team in 2021 as far as wins and losses. I just wanna see steady improvement. Next year is when I wanna see us push for a wildcard spot, but we have a ways to go IMO.

How can this thread be "Super Official" without asterisks? What is this heresy?

I have a bold prediction for tonight.   you heard it here first.    Tebow will have a td catch tonight.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(08-14-2021, 10:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: How can this thread be "Super Official" without asterisks? What is this heresy?

Agreed, but I thought official required asterisks.  Super official needs a hashtag at the front as well?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-14-2021, 10:38 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: How can this thread be "Super Official" without asterisks? What is this heresy?
You don’t need asterisks when it’s SUPER official…..

If this were regularly official, then sure but not super official.

(08-14-2021, 12:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
You don’t need asterisks when it’s SUPER official…..

If this were regularly official, then sure but not super official.

[Image: buddy-I-understand.gif]

I’ll be in section 435 if anyone wants to chat! I’ll buy you a beer.

Go jags!!