Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Informed consent disclosure to vaccine trial subjects of risk of COVID‐19 vaccines worsening clinical disease

Results of the study -

COVID‐19 vaccines designed to elicit neutralising antibodies may sensitise vaccine recipients to more severe disease than if they were not vaccinated. Vaccines for SARS, MERS and RSV have never been approved, and the data generated in the development and testing of these vaccines suggest a serious mechanistic concern: that vaccines designed empirically using the traditional approach (consisting of the unmodified or minimally modified coronavirus viral spike to elicit neutralising antibodies), be they composed of protein, viral vector, DNA or RNA and irrespective of delivery method, may worsen COVID‐19 disease via antibody‐dependent enhancement (ADE). This risk is sufficiently obscured in clinical trial protocols and consent forms for ongoing COVID‐19 vaccine trials that adequate patient comprehension of this risk is unlikely to occur, obviating truly informed consent by subjects in these trials.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645850/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My buddy's father in law has gotten worse. He is now in the hospital with his wife. They both got the one shot vaccine.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-20-2021, 11:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: My buddy's father in law has gotten worse. He is now in the hospital with his wife. They both got the one shot vaccine.

I hope they get well, along with the other 98 people with them in the hospital who didn’t get the vaccine.

(08-20-2021, 11:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 11:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: My buddy's father in law has gotten worse. He is now in the hospital with his wife. They both got the one shot vaccine.

I hope they get well, along with the other 98 people with them in the hospital who didn’t get the vaccine.

Not sure how many are there with them but my buddy told me they have the covid pnemonia.

(08-20-2021, 09:34 AM)Ronster Wrote: Informed consent disclosure to vaccine trial subjects of risk of COVID‐19 vaccines worsening clinical disease

Results of the study -

COVID‐19 vaccines designed to elicit neutralising antibodies may sensitise vaccine recipients to more severe disease than if they were not vaccinated. Vaccines for SARS, MERS and RSV have never been approved, and the data generated in the development and testing of these vaccines suggest a serious mechanistic concern: that vaccines designed empirically using the traditional approach (consisting of the unmodified or minimally modified coronavirus viral spike to elicit neutralising antibodies), be they composed of protein, viral vector, DNA or RNA and irrespective of delivery method, may worsen COVID‐19 disease via antibody‐dependent enhancement (ADE). This risk is sufficiently obscured in clinical trial protocols and consent forms for ongoing COVID‐19 vaccine trials that adequate patient comprehension of this risk is unlikely to occur, obviating truly informed consent by subjects in these trials.

Old news. 

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking...9934822788

FTA: Dr. Timothy Cardozo, an associate professor at NYU Langone Health, was the author of one of the studies Mercola cited. The Pfizer and Moderna data that came out after he published his study greatly reduced his concern about antibody dependent enhancement, he told the AP in a statement. He also noted that his paper made no statement on whether COVID-19 vaccines should be taken or avoided.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-20-2021, 12:50 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 11:29 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hope they get well, along with the other 98 people with them in the hospital who didn’t get the vaccine.

Not sure how many are there with them but my buddy told me they have the covid pnemonia.

I don't want to dim any hopes, but my very close friends just lost their daughter who had the same thing.  She got some kind of infection (I forgot what he called it) from getting a ventilator installed, then got pnuemonia.  She was 40 years old and leaves behind a husband and three young children.  I don't know what her vaccine status was and while she was overweight she had no other significant health problems, non-smoker and non-drinker.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-20-2021, 01:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 12:50 PM)Dimson Wrote: Not sure how many are there with them but my buddy told me they have the covid pnemonia.

I don't want to dim any hopes, but my very close friends just lost their daughter who had the same thing.  She got some kind of infection (I forgot what he called it) from getting a ventilator installed, then got pnuemonia.  She was 40 years old and leaves behind a husband and three young children.  I don't know what her vaccine status was and while she was overweight she had no other significant health problems, non-smoker and non-drinker.

So far as far as I am aware of they are not on the vent as of yet. Mom sounds like she will be relased soon but Dad is struggling with fatigue, breathing and the cough.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 01:51 PM by americus 2.0.)

The LV Rams are requiring fans attending games be vaccinated. If they haven't been they can get the shot before they enter the stadium and they have to wear a mask.

(08-20-2021, 01:49 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 01:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't want to dim any hopes, but my very close friends just lost their daughter who had the same thing.  She got some kind of infection (I forgot what he called it) from getting a ventilator installed, then got pnuemonia.  She was 40 years old and leaves behind a husband and three young children.  I don't know what her vaccine status was and while she was overweight she had no other significant health problems, non-smoker and non-drinker.

So far as far as I am aware of they are not on the vent as of yet. Mom sounds like she will be relased soon but Dad is struggling with fatigue, breathing and the cough.

I hope they recover.

(08-20-2021, 01:49 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The LV Rams are requiring fans attending games be vaccinated. If they haven't been they can get the shot before they enter the stadium and they have to wear a mask.

(08-20-2021, 01:49 PM)Dimson Wrote: So far as far as I am aware of they are not on the vent as of yet. Mom sounds like she will be relased soon but Dad is struggling with fatigue, breathing and the cough.

I hope they recover.

Thanks.

(08-20-2021, 01:49 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 01:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't want to dim any hopes, but my very close friends just lost their daughter who had the same thing.  She got some kind of infection (I forgot what he called it) from getting a ventilator installed, then got pnuemonia.  She was 40 years old and leaves behind a husband and three young children.  I don't know what her vaccine status was and while she was overweight she had no other significant health problems, non-smoker and non-drinker.

I certainly hope that they can pull through this.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-20-2021, 01:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 09:34 AM)Ronster Wrote: Informed consent disclosure to vaccine trial subjects of risk of COVID‐19 vaccines worsening clinical disease

Results of the study -

Old news. 

FTA: Dr. Timothy Cardozo, an associate professor at NYU Langone Health, was the author of one of the studies Mercola cited. The Pfizer and Moderna data that came out after he published his study greatly reduced his concern about antibody dependent enhancement, he told the AP in a statement. He also noted that his paper made no statement on whether COVID-19 vaccines should be taken or avoided.

Glad to see journalists determining the science. This is a perfect example of why our people are so ill informed.

Firstly, who cares if the late studies reduced his fears; it didn't alleviate the potential problem. Secondly, who cares about the fact that the paper made no statement on whether or not vaccines should be taken or avoided; the paper was about the ethics of not informing people about the risks of ADE. Thirdly, who cares if people haven't gotten sicker yet; that will always be dependent on mutation. 

This article only reaffirms group think. It does nothing to actually inform people.

(08-20-2021, 03:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 01:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Old news. 

Glad to see journalists determining the science. This is a perfect example of why our people are so ill informed.

Firstly, who cares if the late studies reduced his fears; it didn't alleviate the potential problem. Secondly, who cares about the fact that the paper made no statement on whether or not vaccines should be taken or avoided; the paper was about the ethics of not informing people about the risks of ADE. Thirdly, who cares if people haven't gotten sicker yet; that will always be dependent on mutation. 

This article only reaffirms group think. It does nothing to actually inform people.

You're exactly right, people like Ronster who advertise outdated studies as some "gotcha!" is exactly why you guys have your groupthink reinforced.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-20-2021, 03:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 03:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Glad to see journalists determining the science. This is a perfect example of why our people are so ill informed.

You're exactly right, people like Ronster who advertise outdated studies as some "gotcha!" is exactly why you guys have your groupthink reinforced.

Outdated? As in not recent. So you only like studies that were done yesterday and confirm what you believe to be true, right?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-20-2021, 03:50 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 03:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You're exactly right, people like Ronster who advertise outdated studies as some "gotcha!" is exactly why you guys have your groupthink reinforced.

Outdated? As in not recent. So you only like studies that were done yesterday and confirm what you believe to be true, right?

Lol, keep trying.

(08-20-2021, 03:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 03:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Glad to see journalists determining the science. This is a perfect example of why our people are so ill informed.

Nah. The group think is in the institutions. I know so many doctors who want to speak out but are afraid. Anecdotal, sure, but that's a toxic environment. You don't get the p_rushings and Ronsters without broken institutions. That AP article was worthless. It completely framed the subject matter in light that favors the writer's own bias. You're smart enough to look at that and see it. There's no data there. It's just a journalists opinion being painted like a fact. 

Dude, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a liberal friend of mine that thinks people are dying in the streets in Florida. He was begging me to take the vaccine because he thinks that's the only way I'll survive. He's never heard of ADE. He's never heard of absolute risk reduction. Yet, he thinks I'm a conspiracist because I use actual studies to support myself. It's nuts. Misinformation is the soup of the day.

(08-20-2021, 04:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 03:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You're exactly right, people like Ronster who advertise outdated studies as some "gotcha!" is exactly why you guys have your groupthink reinforced.

Nah. The group think is in the institutions. I know so many doctors who want to speak out but are afraid. Anecdotal, sure, but that's a toxic environment. You don't get the p_rushings and Ronsters without broken institutions. That AP article was worthless. It completely framed the subject matter in light that favors the writer's own bias. You're smart enough to look at that and see it. There's no data there. It's just a journalists opinion being painted like a fact. 

Dude, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a liberal friend of mine that thinks people are dying in the streets in Florida. He was begging me to take the vaccine because he thinks that's the only way I'll survive. He's never heard of ADE. He's never heard of absolute risk reduction. Yet, he thinks I'm a conspiracist because I use actual studies to support myself. It's nuts. Misinformation is the soup of the day.

Fear is the absolute motivator in human beings.. regardless of who we are. It's the one thing we share.

Bravery and courage is something maybe 5% of the total population actually have... but even that 5% share the fear that everyone else does.

Fear makes things happen in all things. We're pretty simple things really.

I want to frame this in a different light. I was talking with a friend the other day who was complaining about this Afghanistan debacle. I pointed out how the US has spend 135 million dollars a day for every day we were there. The military and equipment we "invested" in didn't last a month against the backwards thinking Taliban. If the best trained military was really putting a 135 million dollars a day into that region for the last 20 years, there should be some level of competence, right? There isn't. It's so obvious this entire thing was a grift by the military industrial complex. They are just taking the tax payer to the cleaners. These are the same types of people that are now dictating the health policy for millions of Americans. They are the ones creating the policy that is going to make them very rich. Now, I am not saying they are intentionally setting out to harm anyone. I just think they are thinking with their pocket books and have the hubris to "believe" there won't be any problems down the road.

(08-20-2021, 05:15 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I want to frame this in a different light. I was talking with a friend the other day who was complaining about this Afghanistan debacle. I pointed out how the US has spend 135 million dollars a day for every day we were there. The military and equipment we "invested" in didn't last a month against the backwards thinking Taliban. If the best trained military was really putting a 135 million dollars a day into that region for the last 20 years, there should be some level of competence, right? There isn't. It's so obvious this entire thing was a grift by the military industrial complex. They are just taking the tax payer to the cleaners. These are the same types of people that are now dictating the health policy for millions of Americans. They are the ones creating the policy that is going to make them very rich. Now, I am not saying they are intentionally setting out to harm anyone. I just think they are thinking with their pocket books and have the hubris to "believe" there won't be any problems down the road.

You're falling into a trap.

Arabs just don't make competent disciplined soldiers. They haven't for a thousand years. They are a ragtag bunch of emotional youths banded together by hatred. None of them care about tactics or fighting as a unit. That's why every single capable military force has destroyed them.

We could have spent 100 years there... the Afghanis were never going to have the kind of individualistic fortitude that we crave in the Western world. They are tribal and will always be tribal.

The way I see it, the vaccine is POSION...

(08-20-2021, 05:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 05:15 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I want to frame this in a different light. I was talking with a friend the other day who was complaining about this Afghanistan debacle. I pointed out how the US has spend 135 million dollars a day for every day we were there. The military and equipment we "invested" in didn't last a month against the backwards thinking Taliban. If the best trained military was really putting a 135 million dollars a day into that region for the last 20 years, there should be some level of competence, right? There isn't. It's so obvious this entire thing was a grift by the military industrial complex. They are just taking the tax payer to the cleaners. These are the same types of people that are now dictating the health policy for millions of Americans. They are the ones creating the policy that is going to make them very rich. Now, I am not saying they are intentionally setting out to harm anyone. I just think they are thinking with their pocket books and have the hubris to "believe" there won't be any problems down the road.

You're falling into a trap.

Arabs just don't make competent disciplined soldiers. They haven't for a thousand years. They are a ragtag bunch of emotional youths banded together by hatred. None of them care about tactics or fighting as a unit. That's why every single capable military force has destroyed them.

We could have spent 100 years there... the Afghanis were never going to have the kind of individualistic fortitude that we crave in the Western world. They are tribal and will always be tribal.

So you think our tax dollars were earnestly spent?