Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What’s next for Watson?

(04-09-2021, 05:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The Texans are really kicking themselves right now.  The could be looking like geniuses if the would of taken some of those trade offers.  The should of taken some of those offers even if none if the happen

The league likely would have voided the trade.

I have a feeling that the Texans knew something was up but obviously couldn't reveal something like that about Watson until it went public.
So I think they did the right thing in not trying to trade away someone with this much baggage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We will see what happens now. The judge has agreed that 1 of the women needs to refile with her name included, so I assume that will be the same for the rest. Either they are trying to get them to settle/drop out instead of allowing their name to be attached. It's a good strategy but this is definitely looking like they want to attack the women and make them think about not filing. They could have released the names to the defense but kept them sealed. That's a win for Watson but that doesn't really mean he is innocent if they settle or drop the lawsuits.

(04-09-2021, 11:27 AM)p_rushing Wrote: We will see what happens now. The judge has agreed that 1 of the women needs to refile with her name included, so I assume that will be the same for the rest. Either they are trying to get them to settle/drop out instead of allowing their name to be attached. It's a good strategy but this is definitely looking like they want to attack the women and make them think about not filing. They could have released the names to the defense but kept them sealed. That's a win for Watson but that doesn't really mean he is innocent if they settle or drop the lawsuits.

It's the right strategy to combat a money grab, without naming the accuser there can be no justice.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Deshaun is reporting to tinhorns camp to avoid the 50k a day penalty.. Still wants a trade.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(07-25-2021, 10:53 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Deshaun is reporting to tinhorns camp to avoid the 50k a day penalty.. Still wants a trade.

As an added bonus he can get League approved back rubs...Wink
A new broom always sweeps clean.

I could see GB trading Rogers for him.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

Per PFT, there are TEN (10) pending criminal complaint against him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...un-watson/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 08:44 PM by Jag88.)

He's still in potential trouble. I dont see how any team can trade 3 first rounders for him. Hes a good player, but the off the field is way too much for any team to risk all that

(07-26-2021, 01:53 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: I could see GB trading Rogers for him.

The username-comment synergy just keeps on coming.

I still say he lands in Miami. Makes them instant contenders.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

Uuhhh.... What?

(07-27-2021, 12:07 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I still say he lands in Miami. Makes them instant contenders.

So Tua is done already eh?

I think Watson is a tinhorn until he's in the clear of trouble. And really he isn't worth 3 firsts so I don't think he gets moved for that.

Well....it seems he was playing scout team S in camp

https://www.battleredblog.com/2021/7/29/...-scenarios

(07-30-2021, 02:55 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Well....it seems he was playing scout team S in camp

https://www.battleredblog.com/2021/7/29/...-scenarios

Makes sense, if a guy's top three possible outcomes are suspension, trade or incarceration (not necessarily in any ranked order), would you want to spend a lot of time drilling the playbook with him?

I kinda feel bad for their coach, but then I remember he's probably making more this year than I will in my entire career. Get that cash, coach.

(07-29-2021, 03:06 PM)Kane Wrote:

Uuhhh.... What?

(07-27-2021, 12:07 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I still say he lands in Miami.  Makes them instant contenders.

So Tua is done already eh?

I think Watson is a tinhorn until he's in the clear of trouble. And really he isn't worth 3 firsts so I don't think he gets moved for that.

I think Tua is part of the trade that gets Watson to Miami.  And you're right...they'll never get 3 firsts for him.  They're just posturing and will settle for something a little less than that.
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2021, 12:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/Willpa11/status/1431...80713?s=20

"Tua Tagovailoa out vs Bengals as Dolphins push for Deshaun Watson: NFL Trade Rumors - Cincy Jungle" https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp...s-panthers

(08-29-2021, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Willpa11/status/1431...80713?s=20

"Tua Tagovailoa out vs Bengals as Dolphins push for Deshaun Watson: NFL Trade Rumors - Cincy Jungle" https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp...s-panthers

Tua was a player I never thought would make it in the NFL.

Granted, he is a young player and can certainly turn things around but I doubt he will become the gamebreaking QB that people thought he was.

Glad Watson is out of our division regardless of whether he plays another down or not with his legal issues.

(08-29-2021, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Willpa11/status/1431...80713?s=20

If this is true, the Dolphins are idiots! I watched Tua play the other day and he looked pretty good. Why would they give up on him so quickly to bring in a guy with major character concerns, pending lawsuits, possible prison time and undoubtedly, future discipline by the NFL? Not to mention the price tag the Texans are supposedly asking. I read it was 3 first round picks and two 2nd round picks. Maybe trading Tua offsets one of those first rounders, but still.........

(08-29-2021, 07:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

If this is true, the Dolphins are idiots! I watched Tua play the other day and he looked pretty good. Why would they give up on him so quickly to bring in a guy with major character concerns, pending lawsuits, possible prison time and undoubtedly, future discipline by the NFL? Not to mention the price tag the Texans are supposedly asking. I read it was 3 first round picks and two 2nd round picks. Maybe trading Tua offsets one of those first rounders, but still.........

Agreed completely.  Short term and long term, this move is fraught with peril.

Assuming they make the trade, how long does it take Watson to learn the offense?  Two...three weeks?  Do they go with Brissett until then?  At what cost during those first few weeks?  Brissett is a decent backup, but putting him in the lineup while Watson learns the offense may cost the Fish some games early on that may cost them in the division and playoff run.

Then there's the off field risk you mentioned.  Short term, having those cases linger over his head could be a distraction for him and the team, especially if the legal circumstances change.  If he is indicted he will likely have to face trial in Houston.  if he has to leave during the season because of arrest or league suspemsopm, that could be really disruptive.  Longer term, if he faces jail time-perhaps more of a possibility if there is a federal crime/trial-the Dolphins could end up shipping away a bushel of premium draft picks over a guy whose Dolphins tenure could be truncated because of his off field concerns.

Then there is the waste that would represent Tua Tagoavila.  There are those who suggest he wasn't that good his rookie year.  However, he was recovering from a serious hip injury.  Even though he was good enough to play, you have to think it's possible on some level he still may have been adversely affected by it.  On top of that, because of Covid, he had no training camp.  It's hard for a rookie to develop quickly without training camp.  Furthermore, his numbers were not that bad last year.  People were raving about Joe Burrow's performance before he was injured, but Tua's stats weren't far off from his.  Finally, he has shown signs of improvement this preseason.  If the Dolphins keep tua, it's entirely possible he could develop into a very good QB with them.  Added to his smaller contract and extra draft picks, if the Dolphins stick with Tua, they could build a dynasty if they draft and develop well.

That said, if Watson were to get past his legal entanglements with no incarceration or suspension, the Dolphins would have an already developed, already accomplished superstar caliber QB still in his prime.  He, too could take an as is talented Dolphins team to a Super Bowl if all goes well.

Looking purely as a Jaguars fan, I'd love to see them get rid of Watson.  A Texans squad without #4 under C is an easier team to beat.  As an Anti Bills fan, I'd enjoy seeing the Bills have to face Watson twice a year.  But from a Dolphins perspective, there is enough risk there to give them pause before pulling the trigger on such a deal.

(07-27-2021, 12:07 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: I still say he lands in Miami.  Makes them instant contenders.

Damn, I'm smart. Big Grin

(09-02-2021, 11:27 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:

Damn, I'm smart. Big Grin

Since you're a tack fan... gotta do this.   Banana

[Image: im-so-smart-no-seriously.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.