Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:Monroe is a LOT better than Mike Thomas, yet only garnered a little bit more in his trade than Thomas...

That we got anything at all for Thomas was Grand Theft.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Colts were not active in free-agency last year when they let those guys go...and that was the year they had TONS of draft picks. This year they were active in FA, but not in the draft. Could Caldwell turnaround and be active in BOTH FA and draft next year? Possible. But if that was the case, would it not make sense to bring back Monroe?

There are guys who majority feel won't be part of this core moving forward: MJD, Lewis, Poz, Lowery. But Monroe? A 26 yr old LT who while isn't elite is very much a capable-to-good starting LT in this league? Yeah, Luke can swing over. But who plays RT? Btw, the Colts spent $35M over 5 years for their RT. That's $7M per. It's not like RTs come cheap either. 

So yeah, could Dave do both next season? Yeah that's a possibility. But if he really believes that this team is so far away that he'd be willing to let go of a 26 yr old LT for mere 4th-7th round picks...what makes you think he'll spend money in FA next year? Wouldn't it make more sense to believe that the plan is to stockpile with picks his 1st and 2nd years, THEN spend on the 3rd year?

If Caldwell was actually stockpiling worthy draft choices thats one thing....

Stockpiling 5th & 6th rounders is the equivalent of being a "thousandaire".... Laughing 

Quote:That we got anything at all for Thomas was Grand Theft.

....And what Baltimore just did to Caldwell was Grand Theft. 

Quote:I remember analyst comparing Richardson to Adrian Peterson, which was an absolutely egregious comparison. Jim Brown was right when he said Trent is an ordinary talent, you don't take a RB in the top 10 unless he's an Adrian Peterson type talent. Trent Richardson is not the type of RB that can consistently get more than what is blocked, and it’s because he lacks the lateral quickness and agility to do such a thing.

I said the same thing about richardson... dude is as average as it gets at RB in the NFL... and it was painfully obvious... people comparing him to peterson were CRAZY

cool to know jim brown said the same thing... alabama RBs are overated becuz they play with NFL olines in college making them look better than they are

Quote:....And what Baltimore just did to Caldwell was Grand Theft. 

LOL... I guess if the person making that judgment was a Neanderthal.  McFly...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

have they anounced what we officially got for monroe yet?

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:02 AM by knarnn.)

Quote:The Colts were not active in free-agency last year when they let those guys go...and that was the year they had TONS of draft picks. This year they were active in FA, but not in the draft. Could Caldwell turnaround and be active in BOTH FA and draft next year? Possible. But if that was the case, would it not make sense to bring back Monroe?

There are guys who majority feel won't be part of this core moving forward: MJD, Lewis, Poz, Lowery. But Monroe? A 26 yr old LT who while isn't elite is very much a capable-to-good starting LT in this league? Yeah, Luke can swing over. But who plays RT? Btw, the Colts spent $35M over 5 years for their RT. That's $7M per. It's not like RTs come cheap either.

So yeah, could Dave do both next season? Yeah that's a possibility. But if he really believes that this team is so far away that he'd be willing to let go of a 26 yr old LT for mere 4th-7th round picks...what makes you think he'll spend money in FA next year? Wouldn't it make more sense to believe that the plan is to stockpile with picks his 1st and 2nd years, THEN spend on the 3rd year?
And that's one of my biggest problems with this trade. As soon as Caldwell came aboard and selected Joeckel he knew Monroe wasn't in the plans. Why didn't Caldwell at least sign Eric Winston or whoever to man the other tackle spot? RT was a huge problem for us last year and now we go back to that problem with Cam Bradfield. This whole thing just seems rushed or panicked. Like Caldwell felt the Browns one up'ed him so he had to make a move...and is still behind.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:....And what Baltimore just did to Caldwell was Grand Theft. 

I wouldn't say that. If the plan was to not bring him back, then getting anything for him is a bonus honestly. Would you rather they just let him walk like the Dolphins did with Jake Long?

;

;

Quote:have they anounced what we officially got for monroe yet?

...the equivalent of a couple packs of cigarettes. 

Quote:I wouldn't say that. If the plan was to not bring him back, then getting anything for him is a bonus honestly. Would you rather they just let him walk like the Dolphins did with Jake Long?

Wasn't there injury issues with Long?

I don't see this as being a "rental" for Baltimore. 

I'm not going to say it was a bad,or good trade,but i will ask a question though.  

As bad as the O-line has been this year why would you trade away a o lineman for?  I'm just asking that question thats all.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:...the equivalent of a couple packs of cigarettes. 

You need help with your metaphors

;

;

So do we know what we're getting yet?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

LTs ARE a premium. Getting 3rd day picks for one that is solid, healthy and plays hard is asinine. It is obvious that Khan has given Caldwell YEARS to build this team. This fanbase, after the last dismal 7-8n years, wont have the patience; and maybe, just maybe, as Chiefjag has implied...its Khans plan, as he focuses on his soccer team and "bumper"crop.

Gabbert is DOA as of yesterday...he was on life support until now..he's a certified goner now, in more ways than one.

This may be good for our younger fans, but for the old dogs, its like watching your home being fixed, then coming to see results only to see they're doing it one brick at a time.

Monroe was steady. If his trade results in late round picks that may not even make the team, Caldwell better be trying to stock up draft picks for further trading...up, not down.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:...the equivalent of a couple packs of cigarettes. 

well thats probably better than some fifth and sixth rounders

honestly this team doesnt deserve to be in the NFL

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:03 AM by GreeceMonkE.)

Quote:If Caldwell was actually stockpiling worthy draft choices thats one thing....

Stockpiling 5th & 6th rounders is the equivalent of being a "thousandaire".... Laughing
Not if the picks turn into 4th, 3rd, or even 2nd round via trading up.

It also depends on who how the pick turns out.

I'm not a fan of the trade. I think Monroe should have been traded before the draft if he was not in the teams long-term plans. Miami offered a 3rd round pick for a disgruntled Brandon Albert. Albert, like Monroe, was going to be a one year rental. I'd prefer Eugene Monroe for 1 year at $4 million than Brandon Albert for 1 year at (just under) $10 million.

We entered the draft with a solid, proven, young LT and the #2 overall pick in the draft. We essentially came away with a rookie LT and three mid-day picks. I just don't see that as an upgrade, even if Joeckel can match Eugene's level of play.

*I didn't bother to read the thread to see if anyone shared my opinion.

Quote:Wasn't there injury issues with Long?

I don't see this as being a "rental" for Baltimore. 

He still got a multiyear deal elsewhere and the Dolphins are left with nothing to show for him. 

;

;

Quote:well thats probably better than some fifth and sixth rounders

honestly this team doesnt deserve to be in the NFL

Good thing you aren't being overdramatic.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:08 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:LTs ARE a premium. Getting 3rd day picks for one that is solid, healthy and plays hard is asinine. It is obvious that Khan has given Caldwell YEARS to build this team. This fanbase, after the last dismal 7-8n years, wont have the patience; and maybe, just maybe, as Chiefjag has implied...its Khans plan, as he focuses on his soccer team and "bumper"crop.

Gabbert is DOA as of yesterday...he was on life support until now..he's a certified goner now, in more ways than one.

This may be good for our younger fans, but for the old dogs, its like watching your home being fixed, then coming to see results only to see they're doing it one brick at a time.

Monroe was steady. If his trade results in late round picks that may not even make the team, Caldwell better be trying to stock up draft picks for further trading...up, not down.

This is now Caldwell's 2nd strike for me...

Strike 1 was when after evaluation of the roster he determined that Marcedes Lewis was worthy of being one of the cornerstones to go forward & rebuild with....That gave me pause, and now this deal combined with that comment is starting to paint Caldwell as over his head at best/ incompetent at worst....