Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(09-08-2021, 08:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 08:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not dead, just not be able to have children.

That’s no less hyperbolic than the claim of death.

I mean, it's an actual NIH study. I guess that could be called hyperbolic in today's landscape.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-08-2021, 08:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 08:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: That’s no less hyperbolic than the claim of death.

I mean, it's an actual NIH study. I guess that could be called hyperbolic in today's landscape.

I'm staying out of here for another week, but just popped in to say that studying the period is not the same as studying infertility. The clinical trials of the vaccines included pregnant women and women who became pregnant during the trial with no adverse results on fertility. And when you read the sourced article and in very Woke language they tell you they are studying transgender and non-binary persons you get a feel for what they are really after. It surprises me that SC1 didn't mention that bright red Agenda flag except that it kinda damages his own agenda with this post.

Carry on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I knew you couldn't stay away!

What are the numbers looking like? You are the go-to source here.

(09-08-2021, 09:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I knew you couldn't stay away!

What are the numbers looking like? You are the go-to source here.

I dunno, as L2L said in another thread I'm doing "Vocational Social Distancing" until next Sunday. I know Ascension and Baptist had a combined 550 admissions as of last Tuesday before I left and that was after 3 consecutive declining days. Hopefully that trend is still rolling downhill this week.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2021, 09:59 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

I just heard from an old friend who tells me COVID is running rampant through her extended family - babies, kids and all - to varying degrees of severity. None immunized.

I went to my local credit union yesterday for an appointment and had to knock to gain entrance because the lobby was closed. The rep I met with said only two people were working that day because everyone else tested positive or were sick with COVID. As far as she knows, she is one of the few who are immunized.

Well, get back to me when they've recovered. They will all be immunized, and they'll have stronger immunity than you.

(09-08-2021, 09:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just heard from an old friend who tells me COVID is running rampant through her extended family - babies, kids and all - to varying degrees of severity. None immunized.

I went to my local credit union yesterday for an appointment and had to knock to gain entrance because the lobby was closed. The rep I met with said only two people were working that day because everyone else tested positive or were sick with COVID. As far as she knows, she is one of the few who are immunized.

I hope they recover ok, the kids thing is scary. My son had RSV as an infant and that was horrific.

(09-08-2021, 10:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, get back to me when they've recovered. They will all be immunized, and they'll have stronger immunity than you.

One is on a ventilator fighting for his life, so maybe not all of them.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2021, 11:07 AM by KingIngram052787. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-08-2021, 10:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, get back to me when they've recovered. They will all be immunized, and they'll have stronger immunity than you.

Probably/maybe, and who knows how long the recovery will be, if they do recover.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2021, 11:13 AM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Is it one of the children? Or is he older with a comorbidity? Either way, his recovery is the most important thing, so I wish him the best.

Look, I'm not trying to sound callous, but the fact is that if you're not over 65 and don't have any serious health defects, you are most likely going to make it. The numbers keep affirming that. And, when they do recover, they will have an immune system that is more durable than those who received the vaccine. People keep taking anecdotes and making them representative of the whole. You can't make decisions on anecdotes.

Kids recover from this thing very quickly, and rarely have long-haul covid.

(09-08-2021, 11:13 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Is it one of the children? Or is he older with a comorbidity? Either way, his recovery is the most important thing, so I wish him the best.

Look, I'm not trying to sound callous, but the fact is that if you're not over 65 and don't have any serious health defects, you are most likely going to make it. The numbers keep affirming that. And, when they do recover, they will have an immune system that is more durable than those who received the vaccine. People keep taking anecdotes and making them representative of the whole. You can't make decisions on anecdotes.

The news doesn't report recoveries,  only cases and deaths. People don't fear recovery. People don't click articles about recovery. 

People love it when you lose, they love dirty laundry.

(09-08-2021, 11:13 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Is it one of the children? Or is he older with a comorbidity? Either way, his recovery is the most important thing, so I wish him the best.

I understand your reasoning perfectly and don’t fault you for it. I simply don’t see the logic in playing hide and seek with an illness that may, or may not, affect you severely when it can be avoided altogether. I prefer control over chance.

For me the vaccine is not an option and because I have had covid, I don't believe it will ever be an option. With that said, if people think the vaccine will protect them from dying from the virus and they are comfortable with all the possible negative ramifications of it, then I won't begrudge them that. I really believe in the live and let live motto. I just find it unacceptable that vaxers don't afford me the same consideration.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

[Image: Screenshot-20210908-174903-Twitter.jpg]

(09-08-2021, 08:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My wife told me yesterday of an active duty person she knows who won’t get the vaccine as required because she claims everyone who gets it will be dead in two years.

(sigh) good gawd…

My Trumplican BIL says all the reported fatalities from Covid are *actually* from the vaccine. Apparently, the vaccine is retroactive.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-08-2021, 06:17 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 08:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My wife told me yesterday of an active duty person she knows who won’t get the vaccine as required because she claims everyone who gets it will be dead in two years.

(sigh) good gawd…

My Trumplican BIL says all the reported fatalities from Covid are *actually* from the vaccine. Apparently, the vaccine is retroactive.

I don't believe that, but also certainly don't believe that all deaths reported as COVID-19 are actually from COVID-19. 

The old meme going around about the man crushed by steamroller dies of COVID-19 have some merit.  You literally can't trust anyone.

(09-08-2021, 06:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 06:17 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: My Trumplican BIL says all the reported fatalities from Covid are *actually* from the vaccine. Apparently, the vaccine is retroactive.

I don't believe that, but also certainly don't believe that all deaths reported as COVID-19 are actually from COVID-19. 

The old meme going around about the man crushed by steamroller dies of COVID-19 have some merit.  You literally can't trust anyone.

Sure there are people that die from Covid who have comorbidities. Doesn't mean it wasn't Covid that finished the job.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2021, 07:44 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Yeah... Covid will hurt the elderly and at-risk population. A healthy death is rare. So much so, that I believe Covid was probably exposing something that the family didn't know. I am so frustrated with our data collection.

I spent almost two hours today hoping to show that the vaccine is not "saving" people under 50, and just can not get vaccinations by age per month. Nor can I find death per age by month. I was hoping to show that the numbers that went down were in direct correlation to vaccine among people over 65. Looking at deaths per month, it looks like it should track perfectly until last month, which would make sense because we were exposed to the Delta variant in July. I wanted to also see what percentage of deaths were the remaining elderly that refused to get vaccinate. Then I wanted to see the absolute risk reduction for those under 50. I think we'd be shocked to look at those numbers side by side. But, I don't get to do any of that, because I either can't find that database or it doesn't exist.

(09-08-2021, 07:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah... Covid will hurt the elderly and at-risk population. A healthy death is rare. So much so, that I believe Covid was probably exposing something that the family didn't know. I am so frustrated with our data collection.

I spent almost two hours today hoping to show that the vaccine is not "saving" people under 50, and just can not get vaccinations by age per month. Nor can I find death per age by month. I was hoping to show that the numbers that went down were in direct correlation to vaccine among people over 65. Looking at deaths per month, it looks like it should track perfectly until last month, which would make sense because we were exposed to the Delta variant in July. I wanted to also see what percentage of deaths were the remaining elderly that refused to get vaccinate. Then I wanted to see the absolute risk reduction for those under 50. I think we'd be shocked to look at those numbers side by side. But, I don't get to do any of that, because I either can't find that database or it doesn't exist.
2 hours?! Man.

Go outside hahaha Just playin. 

But seriously…. Go outside.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2021, 08:13 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

I get outside plenty. I'm a stay at home dad, remember? Time is not in short supply. I went and shot my bow last night, swam laps this morning, and sparred with a friend for a couple hours before dinner. If I could just find a fishing buddy with free time during the day, I'd be set.